Toronto-vancouver Train

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mufcfanste, Mar 1, 2019.

1. mufcfanste

mufcfanste Member

The Canadian VIA from Toronto to Vancouver would be a good route as it goes through mountains and all different terrains. It also does each way I believe and correct me if I'm wrong both ways in 24 hrs

• Like Like x 1
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

It takes about three days to run the entire route. This route would be awesome. I'd love to run the train through the mountains. Plus operators would get big city scenes and long freights. I want the VIA Canadian and a few CP or CN diesels plus some freight cars (cylindrical covered hoppers, tank cars, etc.) I'd like to see the new CN ET44ACs. The Canadian needs F40PH or P40DC Genesis diesels.

• Like Like x 1
  3. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Isn't that a bit... long?

The longest route in TSW is about 56 miles / 90 km, and that was an exception since it was the first route and all routes after that have been a bit shorter. The entire route from Vancouver to Toronto is about 2,275 mi / 4,476 km- waaay too long for a TS or TSW route. While it is true that TSW should be easily capable of handling longer routes than the ones DTG makes, I don't think it can handle this, and even if it could you'd need an insane computer.

Besides, while I think we all like longer routes, driving for three days straight is a bit much. Also, it's unrealistic, as in real life there are crew changes along the route.

Sure, part of this route would be cool, lots of great scenery n it too, but I wouldn't expect anywhere near the whole thing... ever.

• Like Like x 1