PlayStation Track Noise

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ZeenozPlays, Dec 3, 2020.

Tags:
?
  1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    70.7%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. On Some Routes

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. It’s Already there

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

We all know that DTG hasn’t done extremely well when it comes down to Sound Design in TSW. Most of the routes in TSW either don’t have Track Noise, it isn’t loud enough, or isn’t consistent.

For Example, East Coastway has some track noise, but it isn’t loud enough, and doesn’t come up often.

The Bakerloo Line has some noise, but it only comes up when going over junctions, instead of all the time like Real Life.

The Isle Of Wight (made by Rivet) is done correctly, with track noise always coming up, even if it does sound a little off.

There is a poll in this post, select wether or not Dovetail should improve on Track Noise in TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  2. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

This would be route dependent for me.

if the route is modern and the rails are continuously welded (most modern routes) I certainly wouldn’t want to hear lots of track joints like the Isle of Wight.

If it is a yard or an older route set when most of the track was joined with fishplates, then yes I would like track noise like the Isle of Wight.

personally I don’t think DTG have it too much wrong from my knowledge of the various track types and routes.

having Isle of Wight style track noise would not be accurate on East Coastway to the best of my knowledge as that route would have continuously welded track.

3. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

I think where there's audio bugs and volume mixing issues, then of course these should be addressed across the board. But as GuitarMan says, it's route dependent for everything else, and some are better than others. Driving the 101 on the Tees Valley line sounds great - lovely clackety clack sounds on that route.

4. Gronk Honker

Gronk Honker Active Member

If track noise is made more realistic, then it also needs to become a separate audio option that can be adjusted, or even disabled.

Otherwise, some people with auditory processing neural issues (like many on people on the spectrum) will find things like continuous squealing sufficiently distressing to make the game impossible to play with sound on.