[solved] Tracks.bin Unable To Load (additional Issue Than Missing Items)

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by markandrei24, May 24, 2020.

1. markandrei24

markandrei24 Active Member

Note: This is an additional issue not just the Missing Item (UK LED Signals).

It happens on the following routes:
    • London to Brighton
    • WCML North
    • WCML Over Shap
    All happened this morning upon inspection after missing item (UK LED Signals pack). Only happens on Career (Either DTG or 3rd party loco). They did not happen on QD or Standard. Anyone experiencing the same problem?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Why do you say the Tracks.bin won't load?
    Have you tried opening one of the routes in the Editor?

The routes won't load in a Career Scenario because that requires a Timetable and Signals to keep the trains apart

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  3. markandrei24

No changes to tracks/signals (tracks.bin related) to any of the routes above. Only used for inspecting the signal links and closing the route without saving.

I am checking the London to Brighton route folder right now if a modification happened.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  4. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Yes - this looks like a perfect description of the issues that I see. Just to clarify (and I think this is implied by your thread title), that the "tracks.bin" issue only applies to the non-native loco DLC. So, for example, on South London Network:

- the 378 scenario (eg. Afternoon Trip to West Croydon) can't be run at all (and complains about the tracks.bin)
    and;
    - the 456* scenarios (or any scenario that can be run with the original rolling stock) has missing signals [EDIT: this is wrong - see below]

I think that you have the most definitive description of the issue so far. Thank you for this...!

-------------------
    *EDIT: Actually, the Class 456 (part of the original South London DLC) can't be run because of the tracks.bin, whereas the 455/8 (a distinct DLC) can be run (but without signals). Just to confirm - this is for Official scenarios in Career mode.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

How do you run a scenario without signals?
    You have no idea which way the trains is going or if there is a another train in front

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Plastic Pal

You can see the trains in front when you catch up to them. They have glowing red lights on the rear.

It's not authentic, of course, but the current functionality on South London Network isn't authentic.... because the signalling layer has completely disappeared.

If you use the 455/8, then the scenario will open, without signals. If you try to use the 378, say from Crystal Palace, then the Official scenarios won't load at all, signals or not.

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

What a stupid reply - lets drive trains without signals

• Like Like x 1
  8. Plastic Pal

I agree with your sentiment. I don't like the situation at all.

But that is what Train Simulator currently offers on South London Network, following a reduction in standards.

And maybe we'll all have to live with it for a very long time. And maybe the same concept will be introduced to all of the other British routes.

9. markandrei24

Update (25 May 2020): (More scenario testing of affected routes this morning)
    • On WCML North, Class 47 Large Logo scenario (EU Loco and Asset Pack) does not throw tracks.bin issue. Only happens at Virgin Trains 1st Gen Pack (1), Class 390 (S9BL)(3), Class 86 (Included in WCML North and TS-Pro Version (2)), Class 87 (TS-Pro Version)
    • On London to Brighton, Tried the MKS Class 460 scenarios and Class 377 (4) scenarios. Both throw tracks.bin issue.
    • On WCML Over Shap, Tried the Class 47 BR Blue (WCML Over Shap version) (5)(6) and Class 87 BR Blue (7) scenarios. Both throw tracks.bin issue.
    More Details/Working Scenarios but no signals:
    1. Except "The Virgin Knight" Scenario. (Class 43 in Virgin Trains First Gen Pack) (They were purchased before retirement last December 2019)
    2. Except "To the Loop" and "A Chill Wind" scenarios.
    3. Except "02 - Motherwell Trials - CS" (Intercity), "03 - First Run - CS" (Intercity) and "04 - Carlisle Express - CS" (LMS)
    4. Except "LB City Express CS" and "LB Southern Connection CS" scenarios. (Class 377 Southern (London to Brighton Version))
    5. Except "Power Trip Part 1", "Power Trip Part 2" and "The Up Boat Train Part 1" scenarios.
    6. "Stone Cold" scenario is completely broken. No ETA and Distance to Destination on every task. (Screenshot below)
    7. Except "The Up Boat Train Part 3" scenario.
    Screenshot of "Stone Cold" Scenario:

20200525121523_1.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. markandrei24

Update 27 May 2020

Tested any scenario affected and now it works after the fix arrived this morning by DTG (UK LED Signals and Class 370 now loads). (Including the MKS Class 460, Class 86 Intercity Consist (Included in WCML North), Class 86 (TS-Pro), Class 87 (TS-Pro), VT 1st Gen Pack, Other WCML Over Shap Scenarios except The Up Boat Train Part 3, Other WCML North Scenarios)(Including the "Stone Cold" Scenario which is completely broken before.)

I will mark this thread as Solved.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm having this failed to load track.bin and all signals missing on all 456 scenarios on South London network. What was the fix?

12. markandrei24

Did you verify game cache files? Sorry I don't have this route yet.

13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Do you mean you have 456 Scenarios on the South London Network?
    And how did you check all 456 of them?

14. mattdsoares

Oh you cheeky monkey you. The class 456 Southern is what I mean. Actually turns out that regardless of what train I use, all signals are missing from any route that uses the UK LED Signals Pack, both in all scenarios and in quick drive.

So far I've:

-Cleared Cache
    -Verified Game Files
    -Uninstalled and reinstalled:
    - UK LED Signals Pack
    - London-Brighton
    - South London Network
    - Unsubscribed and removed all workshop content.

Hasn't made a difference. I'm now uninstalling the entire game, deleting all leftover files, and reinstalling from steam. I'll try it then before adding any routes I've purchased from Just Trains directly or the weather and track enhancements from AP.

15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Uninstalling the game should be the last resort.

Did you check if the UK LED Signals were in your files?
    In \railworks\Assets\RSC\UKLEDsignals01 you should have UKLEDsignals01Assets.ap
    Some people have reported problems with the game not reading inside the ap file.

16. mattdsoares

Yes, I did have the .ap file. No idea why it wasn't being loaded/read.

In any event, I said screw it and wiped everything and reinstalled and with nothing other than dlc from Steam installed, the route and signals work fine. I'll add back my non-steam DLC one by one and make sure none of them are breaking it. I don't have a ton. A few Just Trains routes like Western Mainlines, Newcastle-Edinburgh, and the track and weather enhancements from AP.

17. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It is usually the last resort reinstalling the game but glad you got it fixed :)