Xbox Train 616 Southeast To Gct

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by AmtrakAcela75, Mar 19, 2022.

1. AmtrakAcela75

AmtrakAcela75 Member

just got this route today and already issues with too many trains, just doing the tutorial there moments that there trains right behind other trains and feel like they aren't adhering to blocks or signals. then i went to go through the journey scenarios/timetables and the 2nd one i play train 616 is broken, there a part in white plains where there two m7 behind one another and then there no red signal up ahead before i crashed into a train sitting in a station. i was live streaming at the time and recorded a clip https://www.twitch.tv/sunthepup/cli...-s18ggVHdst3L?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time . i could understand random timetables services having issues but your q&a testers should at least check all the journey ones. again NEW broken product from dovetail. route looks great and locomotives sound good but this kills the experience.

• Like Like x 1
  2. C525B

C525B New Member

That's interesting. PC user here...quite literally just finished that exact timetable (616). I saw that I was following a local train out of White Plains so I had some adverse cab signals until that train moved to another track.

Funny because I actually came here to write a different report that the cab signals were changing from line speed (N) to L or M and then immediately upgrading back to N in a random fashion such that it was very hard to drive properly.

But I never actually saw the local train from the cab, only on the map. In your clip, you are showing an M signal, so you should have been slowed to 30mph, but that probably would not have prevented the collision. The indicators show that you had ATC/ACSES turned off? This route still requires you to follow the cab signals regardless of ATC being turned on or not. I am not sure, but I think the difference with ATC being turned off is that you will not get penalty brakes if you bust a signal speed.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. AmtrakAcela75

AmtrakAcela75 Member

I saw one person say the same scenario was broken on PC due to mods but removing them worked fine, I didn't know if atc/aces was on or not usually I follow the color signal indicators since on the Boston to Providence line the suggested speeds would never meet with what the schedule was (also the schedule dovetail used requires you to also do 90mph there max speed is 79 I'm pretty sure) so I basically ignored them since color signals work, are there no red signals for the blocks? There was 2 times once in the beginning tutorial and during this trip that there was 2 trains back to back without much space. During your playthrough did you get red signals?

4. shimarin

shimarin Active Member

I've done this service 3 times today on XSX. First time with nothing enabled (alerter/deadmans pedal/ATC/ACSES), second time with everything enabled, third time with everything but ACSES enabled. I've adhered to the in-cab signalling, and had no problem beside the erratic in-cab signalling.

Third run with everything, but ACSES enabled (sorry for the trash driving):
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1431246974

5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

PC version has simiral issues. This is random. I had to do some services few times to complete... Try not to save the game maybe.

6. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Yes, did you follow the L, M, R signals in the HUD which are 45/30/15mph respectively?
    This is a new thing for this route and where there is no signal to stop you it uses these to slow you down. With safety systems on you will get an emergency brake if you miss one, with safety systems off you will still see the letters in the HUD but if you ignore them you won't get braked but you're likely to hit something in front

7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This is about buged AI dispatcher / timetable.

8. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

In the clip he is doing 60 with M showing in the HUD which is no more than 30Mph. He then gets an R which means reduce to 15Mph and keep your eyes open, he continues at 60mph. Following the letters like that means you have slowed enough to let the one in front have time to leave. Trust me, run that one again and follow the indicated letters.

If you do double the speed you are likely to hit something

• Like Like x 1
  9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I mean 'no path' cases.

• Like Like x 1
  10. C525B

C525B New Member

Ah, gotcha...well the only color signals I have seen are either flashing green (cab signals), approach, and stop. I was sort of prepared for that because Matt P. made a comment about it on his preview stream. The other thing is that I think Metro-North (and LIRR) have a "stop and proceed on sight" rule where they can stop right behind another train at a station and then proceed into the platform when the other train pulls out.

11. tf51d

tf51d New Member

The issue is the AI in front is getting stuck by an errand Red signal that never clears, so your run effectively ends behind it, whether you run into it or not. I've seen this on a number of services now Mostly around rush hour, (Try the 6:53AM - (I Think) North White Plains to GCT M3A service and you'll get stuck behind a M7A at Crestwood who will be stuck by 2 or more other trains then a Red, the next signal after that will be a flashing Green. That last red never clears. Most of this happens around Crestwood, (Like this one) but it also happens around Mott Haven (Melrose) as well.

12. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

I've just tried 616 on series s, no problems. That's the good news.
    The bad news is for the following service, train 514, AI 616 goes through the junction protecting Crestwood station and gets stuck on the second car.
    End result is unplayable service.
    Tried twice, came off route after first try, back on again, tried 514 again, same outcome.
    Just wondering if someone could have a look at it please. Much appreciated.
    Edit have tried the next service after 514 in chronological order, stuck at red signal, caused by!..... AI 616, could DTG please explain why are add ons being sold when they have been tested by people who don't really care? These things shouldn't be happening

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022