Train And Wagons Visualizer

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by casssp, Apr 21, 2021.

1. casssp

casssp Member

Nowadays, I don't know what how it's hard to program for the computer, (I went from 1997 to 2000, Pascal and C for DOS), so I don't know if programming is easy or difficult nowadays to implement the following ideas:

A train viewer. Imagine that it would be cool to be able to admire, through a viewer, each of the locomotives and wagons that exist in the game, such as Forzavista/Autovista, the WRC car viewers, and the Ace Combat series. To be able to select the locomotive or wagon, to be able to view it from side to side, open doors and windows, and maybe turn on some lamps... Or take pictures!

Another thing that would be wonderful, especially for us who live in the timetable, would be to have some pictures of the train in the description of the service. Thus, we could have a sense of what exactly is to come!

What do you think?

• Like Like x 1
  2. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

It kinda exists for locos in the profile section of the menu but a car viewer would be a nice addition too

3. casssp

casssp Member

Yes, but it is static. My idea is to have 360 viewing. Or at least pictures of the train in the service description on the timetable.

4. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Think the loco is usually chosen before entering the timetable screen, but definitely would be good to have a continued reminder of what we’re going to drive.

Another place a picture of the train is definitely needed is the scenario planner and livery editor lists. As the list of locos get bigger it’s getting harder to find even well known machines by letters and numbers alone.

• Like Like x 1
  5. casssp

casssp Member

Yes, I think a small thumbnail with one or a few pictures of the train/wagons, in the description of the timetable.

But we definitely need some thumbnail in Scenario Planner.