Train Service Manuals

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by BeardedBlue, Jan 20, 2020.

1. BeardedBlue

BeardedBlue New Member

I've been looking for a while now, and keep coming up short-handed.

I have TSW for both PS4 and PC,
    yet for both the "manuals" are completely different in how much information is provided.
    In many of the Introductions of a new train, it will state to look at your manual for more help or whatever.
    so where are these manuals? on the steam version of the "user manual" it has some help on what to do. yet on the other hand when you look at the PS4 manual, it shows nothing of what needs to be done to restart ANY of the trains.

I have found very little if any for actual Train Manuals. Like what certain "switches\buttons" do, or the start up sequence incase the train fails? It would be wonderful to have print outs of all of this. but I cant find anything more than a user manual for ps4 that only gives you a description of the train, nothing more.

Thanks for any help you can give.

2. BeardedBlue

BeardedBlue New Member

Way too difficult to find, but did find ...stuff

3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

DTG automatically supplies manuals for all Train Simulator routes and other DLC: they download to a specific folder that is easy to find and a link can be created on the desktop to that directory. For no apparent reason, the TSW division of DTG does not follow this sensible policy. They claim that manuals can be downloaded from the DLC's store page on Steam, but that is not always true and a nuisance at any rate. A few good forum members often provide download links, but as we all know the search engine of these forums is an absolute joke.

However, that is not the primary problem of TSW manuals: once uncovered and downloaded, the information contained in them, particularly in regard to engine startup instructions and other related topics never matches the information contained in tutorials. In my opinion, this is an absolutely unforgivable situation, matched only by the lack of necessary information included in scenario and session instructions. Apparently, the folks who prepare manuals and those who write the instructions included in scenarios and sessions work in different buildings perhaps located on different continents.

This is a situation up with which we should not have to put!

• Like Like x 1
  4. BeardedBlue

BeardedBlue New Member

I found one of the posts where a lot of the information is posted, with links to certain manuals. thankfully. which contain, "some" useful information.

but even then, certain things like
    Where is the actual button\switch to close and lock doors on a
    F40PH-2CAT?

I know I can use the keyboard or controller inputs, "tab" yada yada, but I've sat in this train, trying NOT to use keybindings. and have yet to find an actually switch, to lock and unlock doors?

Edit: i did manage to find it, in the actual passenger car.
    seems a bit silly they then don't have an AI doing such a task.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020