Train Sim World 2: Arosa Linie – Rivet Interview

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Feb 25, 2021.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

• Like Like x 17
  2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I have to say, it looks great. Really promising so far, will probably buy it if it ends up good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

probably buy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

the mountains look a lot better in these screenshots

• Like Like x 1
  5. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Looks decent, the distant scenery is not great (trees should be much more dense) but trackside looks very nice, especially in Chur. I also like the catenary which seems more complex than anything DTG has ever managed. I hope the loco turns out well too.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  6. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

So far so good... keep it up, Rivet!

7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  8. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

It looks really cool, I can't wait for more details on the signalling and the box thing

9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Different strokes. With the 4/4 it's a preorder candidate for me; if it had just another damn red EMU it would be "wait for the sale."

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. 0235

0235 New Member

Same here, the 4/4 is a good choice. I find the allegera a bit dry.

The route is also a bit dry for me, as its all a bit too slow and windy. But it is still a Swiss Meter gauge route, so I am happy, and if they are going to do one route, then a medium difficulty (to build) one is a good option. Quite how Rivet games were able to wrangle those routes in train simulator is beyond me, and the TSW2 editor is apparently even more intricate!

• Like Like x 2
  11. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Definitely one of the routes that stuck out on the roadmap. Very interesting interview and very exciting route. It looks amazing from the screen shots and this will be a day one buy, especially since it comes with the Ge 4/4. The far superior locomotive for that route and it’s perfect for hauling passengers or freight, or passengers and freight. Can’t wait!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Finally someone noticed that)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Exactly, catenary is one of the things you see all the time and a proper one definitely gives a more realistic feel.

14. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

For me the route is awesome, but I agree that Bernina is more interesting in the long run. If you just see what Rivet needs to develop for this route, It think it is wise decision to start here and I am quite sure they will develop a lot more Swiss routes once the base is there. Looking forward to that, especially if you can add layers and create more variety in rolling stock.

15. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I’m waiting to see if they model the broomsticks on posts before tunnels.

This is a common thing in Switzerland and particularly on scenic routes where people hang their heads our of the window. If any has there head stuck out of a window before a tunnel, they get a gentle reminder from the broom, in plenty of time to move their head in.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Fair point. But don't forget it's their FIRST swiss route. I'm sure at SOME point the Allegra sees the light of TSW, if the Arosa-Route is sold well.
    Same with the LGV - it was the first french route. I think the sales were good, so we will probably see another french route (curious for the roadmap)

17. trainplayer59

trainplayer59 Active Member

You are both right ... and wrong. Yes there are sometimes brooms to tell people that it is dangerous to lean outside. But this is not an "ordinary thing": it is only used when work is severely restricting the space around the train, in tunnels but also before passing under a bridge, etc.

18. trainplayer59

trainplayer59 Active Member

Train Sim World 2: Arosa Linie – Rivet Interview: a few comments

Laura: "and large granite style rocks to fit to the track and terrain."

It seems extraordinary because there is not the smallest granite boulder between Chur and Arosa! Have you looked at a geological map? (for example: https://map.geo.admin.ch/?lang=fr&t...topo.geologie-geologischer_atlas,ch.swisstopo .geologie-geologische_karte & layers_visibility = false, false, true & layers_opacity = 0.75,0.75,1 & catalogNodes = 1786,1787 & E = 2764839.29 & N = 1184369.07 & zoom = 4)

Jasper: "Also, the density of the service mode is really interesting because we don’t just have the different train types, and regional service which stops at every station, we also have a fast regional express which only stops at a few stations"

From Chur to Arosa, there are 8 stations. The stop is only compulsory in Chur, Langwies, Litzirüti and Arosa. The other stations are "Halt auf Verlangen / Request stop", request made either on the train or in the station. A very interesting thing for the gameplay ... if this is implemented in TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  19. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

While the dominant rocks in that area are not crystallines like granites and gneisses (as are found starting just southeast of Arosa), the dominant rocks are ophiolites (serpentines, gabbro etc), which at any distance to the lay eye look pretty much like granite. So "granite style" isn't all that bad.

This isn't the Dolomites we're talking about!

20. roggek

roggek Active Member

I have the route for Trainsim 2020 and I'm eager to get it for TSW too.
    The choice of the Ge 4/4 loco is not bad at all, but i rather would see a "pre 1997 Arosa line" version with the old motor cars ABDe 4/4 und ABe 4/4 481-486 as seen on this pictures:
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:RhB_482_Arosabahn.jpg
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Mh_RhB_arosabahn_in_chur.jpeg

There is an video on Youtube from 1994 with hte old motor cars when the line was under 2400 V DC, wery well worth to lokk at:
    Rhaetian Railway 20 years ago cab view Arosa to Chur 12 June 1994 - YouTube

That would have been a awesome experience...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll make a... "gameplay pack" for that :D

22. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

New Video showing off the coaches. By the way they look fantastic. I really thought we would get Clinchfield before Arosa. At least from what we have been shown it looks like Arosa is closer to finish then Clinchfield.

• Like Like x 1