Train Sim World 2: Na Route That We Would Like To See

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix, Nov 17, 2021.

?
  1. MTA: Metro North

20 vote(s)
    29.9%
  2. NJ: New Jersey Transit

24 vote(s)
    35.8%
  3. Amtrak: Acela Route

9 vote(s)
    13.4%
  4. Other Amtrak Route Line

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. More LIRR Line

6 vote(s)
    9.0%
  1. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I hope that the next route or route map will be mainly focused on Steam and the region NA because there are not enough NA Passenger routes added to the game. I am curious which routes would people like the team to create next?

• Like Like x 1
  2. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mid seeing a New Jersey Transit route since there my home state commuter railroad

3. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I most likely would definitely love to see dovetail create the Long Island railroad oyster bay Branch with the dual mode diesel locomotives or the port Jefferson Branch that’s very scenic Branch along the port Jefferson Branch.

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’d like to see something very busy, like what the current LIRR route would be like if all the trains that run there were included. I don’t know enough about any of the networks to know which could be like that in TSW or how much of a network would need to be created to get a nice busy hub or two included and get some parallel running action if possible.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Definitely another (or improved) LIRR.

I also really liked the Chicago - Aurora line from Train Simulator, but I believe there are problems with the Metra licence? But if they could get one and make that route, it would be pretty great. It's like Peninsula Corridor, but in Chicago.

6. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

I think the Hudson Line from TS2022 would be great for having a nice mix of the stopping M7As and the faster P32s, as well as being a busy Amtrak line. Plus CSX trains! Perhaps the New Haven line could also be a good choice, as that line runs alongside the Northeast Corridor, meaning we get ACS-64s and Acelas running on the route. And it would mean bringing back NEC: New York, with the NY Penn-New Rochelle section and Oak Point Yard - Fresh Pond Junction.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

NJ Transit got my vote. Brings some new equipment into the mix, and if done right, could bring us an actually busy US Passenger route.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Marias Pass, but that won't happen ...

9. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

LA to Santa Barbara with LD amtrak, Amtrak Pacific Surfliner and UP Freight along the Pacific Coastline, if they have to cut the route then start from Simi Valley aslong as it runs into Santa Barbara its going to be a cool looking route with plenty of grades, twists and turns along the Pacific coast.

• Like Like x 1
  10. pacificorca#1435

pacificorca#1435 Active Member

Of the routes I think are realistic candidates at DTG I would love to the see the Hudson Line, it's a pretty fantastic mix of scenic spots.
    Thinking more outside the box, the Canadian Corridor would have some real potential as it is heavily trafficked by both freight and passenger service. I think Oakville didn't really do Canadian railroading justice in terms of traffic. Personally I'd do a route out of Montreal with a nice mix of intercity, commuter and freight traffic.

11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

NJ Transit because that can allow the introduction of ALP-45DP ALP-46A. Bonus feature is Rush Hour scene at Newark Airport to which Amtrak Northeast Corridor North Jersey Coast Line is held for a Raritan Valley Line train then go.

12. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I voted for Metro North because I think Metro North's Hudson Line would be a perfect choice for the next American route. It is 74 miles long with 29 stations. I would also slap Amtrak onto the route as well. For the rolling stock for passenger service on Metro North's Hudson Line, you have the M3A , M7A, and P32AC-DM for the Comet II and Shoreliners I - IV passenger cars. As for Amtrak, you have P42DC/P32AC-DM, Amfleet I, Amfleet cafe car, and Amfleet II. For services for Amtrak, you have Empire Service, Maple Leaft, Adirondack, and Ethan Allen Express. Amtrak stops at Yonkers, Croton-Harmon, and Poughkeepsie along Metro North's Hudson Line. From NY Penn Station to Yonkers, they will be operated as a.i. From there the player can take over the service to Poughkeepsie and vice versa and then the player service will end and the a.i. will take control.

• Like Like x 2
  13. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Bumping this over to the suggestions forum.

14. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

I want to see a RBMN Route particularly the part of the mainline between Reading and Jim Thorpe, Not Only would it let us see Scenic Mid Eastern Pennsylvania but it would also hit very to close to home for me, there is Also RBMN’s Selection of Heritage Rolling stock that would make it stand out more then other NA Route.

15. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I think the metro north Hudson line would definitely be awesome if they add it to TSW 2 they could use references from train simulator and they already got one New York route the lirr on TSW 2 so why not another route from New York that goes out of grand central station to Poughkeepsie New York and croton-Harmon.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Some portion of the old Nickel Plate Road ( NY, St Louis & Chicago ), perhaps Indiana, South Chicago areas - NS, CSX and Amtrak.

17. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

18. metro north railfan 224

metro north railfan 224 Active Member

Oh I would love to see a Metro North route one day especially with the P32 Genesis

• Like Like x 2
  19. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I am so excited to finally see a metro north route being in development- which according to dovetail it the Harlem line? It's kinda a bummer to not be able to see the Hudson Line, which I really wanted but still, we finally get an MTA Metro-North Route Line? Hopefully, they add the Hudson Line Down the Road. What I am so excited to see is the car, and the update, hopefully, it just likes how it's in the real world, where is not the same as The Long Island Railroad M7, and it's something new. I also really want to see the Grand Central Terminal, how the player would be able to interact, will we be able to go outside the grand central terminal into the terminal, if they do this, this would be so cool.

Which MTA- Metro-North Line were you hoping for?