Train Sim World 2 - Rhb Anniversary Collection Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Dec 6, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

TSW2_RhB_Anniversary_Collection_Article_1920x1080.jpg The RhB Anniversary Collection is coming to Train Sim World 2 on December 16th, bringing new liveries, the Open Observation coach, and a variety of festive-themed additions to the cinematic Arosalinie: Chur - Arosa Route Add-On!

Read the article here.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Yeah…. One to stay away from, if it’s not free or anything over £2 I won’t even bother

• Like Like x 9
  3. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Looks brilliant. Those liveries look stunning and the observation coach will be great to ride in.

Disappointed there is no mention of the price. Anything more than £6.99 will be too much I feel.

• Like Like x 4
  4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I am not sure about your signature mate ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  5. neddyie116

neddyie116 Active Member

I reckon this will be £8.99 also this will bring more variety to this route I'm sold:love:

• Like Like x 1
  6. DTG Natster

Before everyone pre determines what the price should be. Can I recommend you watch the preview stream and see first hand what the pack has to offer.

• Like Like x 15
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

The liveries will be paid for

• Like Like x 1
  8. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

79BF96F5-2076-459F-A5EF-FC12C4CB4967.jpeg

1E9117A2-5C25-4066-B040-34C7D047F336.jpeg

These liveries are impossible to do accurately in the livery editor since you can’t paint over the windows and the object count is too high.
    This means you are certainly not wasting your money although you can attempt an approximation which I’ve found works for me.

It’s interesting they based a winter theme pack with a open observation car which I don’t believe ever runs in winter. The car does look nicely modelled and if you ever travel the Rhb in summer- sitting in the open car is an amazing experience.

I’m pleased to see the RhB getting more love and I hope future routes are on the way so we can open up the throttle past 35kph!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Well, the liveries look really, really nice. I would love to get them if I ever get the Arosa Line. Although me getting the route would mean that there would be major improvements to the locomotive and scenery.

• Like Like x 1
  10. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Beautiful observation coach, I can’t wait to ride as a passenger in it, and it would even be a great way to experience the other routes with the scenario editor. I have been wanting a coach like this in the game. I also think the liveries look great. Holiday decorations and 10 extra services all for the Arosa line? Sign me up!
    59E7355B-1DEE-45DF-93E8-E35FADE53A95.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  11. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Im a fan of the RhB anyway, so nomatter who is gonna release content for it, its a buy!

Maybe the text on each locos side is a secret hint of their future plans, who knows :).

• Like Like x 2
  12. Glazier

Glazier Member

Well, basically a scenario bundle + liveries is a good idea. IF the train is fixed and playable.

• Like Like x 2
  13. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Lets just hope they fix all the bugs and glitches before they released it.

• Like Like x 4
  14. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The preview stream for this pack will be quite a show for matt&jasper to host,and it will be very interesting to see how they try and convince people who have already been disappointed with the arosa line issues that still needing fixing.This pack isn't really bad but it offer nothing that truly exciting except maybe the observation coach.The one thing that might save it,is pricing it reasonably.Will just have to wait and see what card they have to play.

Note:I myself really like the arosa/chur route and enjoy the train but clearly some others don't.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Do you work for free ?

• Like Like x 2
  16. meridian#2659

Well the timetable gets additional 10 services + 6 scenarios,

17. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

This is very nice addon, and I don't care if price will be lower than standard or not. It makes Arosalinie better and it's something where I can support Rivet (British content is not for me...).
    Hope they will do Swiss route in future, some like RSN/MSB/DRA will be awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  18. TrainspotterFromTauranga

TrainspotterFromTauranga Active Member

I have three questions:

Will we ever see more Swiss routes in TSW2?
    (Such as the FULL Bernina Line from St. Moritz to Tirano, and not just yet another route that's cut far too early. Cases in point; Great Western Express, Ruhr-Sieg Nord, Long Island Railroad and Rhein-Ruhr Osten)

Will something like the Abe 8/12 'Allegra' ever be added to the route?

What, if anything, is happening with sorting out the broken red signal at Luen-Castiel?
    (I've had this bug every time I've tried driving a service from Arosa to Chur, which is disgusting since it's now impossible to complete the run. Above all, that's the one issue I want sorted out before I even consider getting this pack).

Even though there's a lot of other problems with Rivet's Arosa route, I will gladly start driving on it again if that stupid signal glitch is actually sorted out.
    20211024100923_1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. SHINO BAZ

Honestly if Rivets wanted to spend time doing a arosa/chur add on a loco/freight wagon with scenarios and time tables would be worth more then this pack,we need more trains for this route not loco paint jobs.I'm sorry but end the end this pack should have come later,it shouldn't be the 1st add on for the arosa/chur route.

The one big problem is any other train types used on this route don't look right when there wheels clearly overhang the rails noticeably.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Something like this would be more appropriate as a free upgrade for Arosa, especially with the rough launch it had. But I wouldn't be offended at all it if it's $5 bucks or so, for what you're getting that would be fair. Honestly though I'm expecting it to come in more around $10-$12 bucks or so, as Rivet are a third party, and have to share a considerable cut of their revenue with DTG. And considering there's quite a few TSW loco and route addons that are right around that price point on sale it would make it a hard sell at that point..

• Like Like x 1
  21. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Those liveries look great!
    I'd buy it if they've fixed the sounds because if they haven't, I don't feel like playing this route. After eight months I think they've had enough time, especially considering that on the Isle of Wight the sounds were fine, being their first route.

• Like Like x 1
  22. johntay

johntay Member

The do look absolutely amazing the liveries but for me to buy it they would have to fix the timetable that's already there before adding more to the already broken timetable. I loved this route when it came out but the broken timetable and sounds put me off it.

Really hope rivet can pull this one out the bag and make me want to play it again. I know yous can do it just look at your first route for tsw IOW it is amazing to play still.

23. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that top screenshot simply serves to remind me how bad the scenery is in Arosa.

• Like Like x 6
  24. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

Rivet won’t get my money for this route until they improve the scenery. Love the loco but not the scenery.

• Like Like x 4
  25. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

i no buy Arosa route

• Like Like x 2
  26. Coastway trainspotter

The Isle of Wight sounds will have been easier to source than arosa sounds though

27. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I like the idea and the concept behind this but for me it fully depends on the bugfixing part of the route if I'd consider a buy or not...
    If the shopping cart sounds are gone and the physics not like Mario Kart and it's price is around 5€... then I think I wouldn't mind for a closer look.

• Like Like x 1
  28. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

It's the Arosa mixes and volumes that I complain most about, not the sounds they have to achieve for that particular route. Examples,

-IOW has a great track sound, Arosa does not. This is partly due to the too loud volume of the coaches.
    -IOW has a correct volume of the wiper sound, in Arosa it is so loud that it is really annoying.
    -In IOW there is a difference in volume with the windows open and closed, in Arosa there is not.
    -In IOW the sound of the horn varies depending on how far away the train is in the external chamber, in Arosa it does not.
    -In IOW there are ambient sounds. Birds, dogs, sheep, cars, murmur of people, water... In Arosa there is only the sound of a bus engine idling.

This is what I don't understand that they did well on their first route and not on the second. These are little things that break my experience and that they could have fixed in a simple way.

• Like Like x 9
  29. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I enjoy this route, It's different, I get that the liveries and carriage will have to be paid for and I'll probably get it after Christmas but will the timetable alterations be downloaded automatically when the upgrade comes or will that have to be paid for?

30. DTG Natster

Any updates to the original timetable on Arosa will be for free. The separate timetable with extra services and scenarios will be a part of the pack and will be a paid add-on.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  31. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Awesome thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Brendan Millea

Brendan Millea Member

Waste of money, liveries look nice, but I’m not paying just for a set of liveries.

• Like Like x 2
  33. fanta1682002

yes

• Like Like x 2
  34. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

The Idea is actually great for People who can't do anything with the Livery Editor and I hope this pack doesn't totally flop. Something like that for the DB BR 101 would be nice.

• Like Like x 7
  35. appledates#4945

I agree, as some one who has tried to use the livery editor but doesn’t have the patience or time, something like this is useful. Also the addition of the observation coach doesn’t makes it more appealing.

• Like Like x 2
  36. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

I hope this timetable update will install good for me.

37. SHINO BAZ

Now this posters picture is of a Abe 8/12 Allegra train shows a train that i have seen in many videos for the chur/arosa route,now had this been included in this pack rivets would have a real winner and it be worth way more then whatever they end up charging for it as is.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  38. meridian#2659

I see this release as a prototype of a market place with additional payware content how it could be in future as extra to existing locos (liveries) and routes (scenario & timetable enhancement).

I like the fact Rivet makes this first step, but wish dovetail would release such dlc packs too.

Sure its not for everybody. Im not spending my free hours trying to recreate a paintjob for locos. I like to buy a well made skin and use it. No waste of time with livery manager and annoyance. Thats just my opinion. I think especially consoles appreciate that move.

Thats the nice thing with those "small dlc packs". Everybodys taste is different, so as an example if somebody really enjoys northern trans pennine, an additional cl.31 dlc pack would expand the 24h timetable with services, liveries and scenarios.

Why not a wagon dlc? Possibilities are endless.

Dtg made a similar dlc with diesel legends, but with no proper 70s great western era route its not the same as content which match in terms of time & accuracy.

• Like Like x 3
  39. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Are the physics fixed or will the loco still lurch forward with a jolt when you apply minimum throttle?

Thats a red line for me, if that is still broken then I wont be buying the DLC, sorry,

40. SHINO BAZ

Let's say rivets announced this pack alittle early then normal to get a feel for how it would be received by tsw2 players.To gauge it's possible acceptance by the masses.With the goal of how to price it before release in a way to get more sales.If they overprice this thing they only hurt themselves.(And they really don't need any more problems then they already have to deal with).

• Like Like x 2
  41. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

There also is additional gameplay, so you your conclusion is not based on very accurate information.. But, the good news is nobody is forcing you to buy it. I probably will skip this one, not because I do not like it, but I like to keep some money for Horseshoe Curve.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It's a pity they do not include the blue flower livery for the wagons, which is so lovely ....

43. fanta1682002

i very like Horseshoe Curve route
    i very like Horseshoe Curve route

44. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

He actually said he would pay for it but no more than £2. Let me ask you, is it OK for stuff to be released with problems that isn't fixed?

• Like Like x 1
  45. appledates#4945

I guarantee they already have the price set. I believe the more developers involved making content for TSW whether or not it’s exactly what everyone wants is a good thing. Rivet has put out unique content and I hope that they will continue to put out content like Swiss routes and they do a great job building their locomotives. We have the option to buy or not buy dlc and my worry is that with a lot of this community picking on Rivet before they even see the product, If they stop making stuff for TSW2 it only hurts us and the game as a whole. We really should be supporting Rivet, because they have shown that they can create amazing content. I’d rather have the option to buy something then to not have the option at all.

• Like Like x 3
  46. appledates#4945

It looks like we will have some presents to deliver?!

• Like Like x 3
  47. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I'd guess that this is a test to see if the community as an appetite for such DLC moving forward and the price point that they will pay, if the appetite is there and the price people are prepared to pay tips the scales of economies favourably then hopefully we will see many more such DLC. I think its an amazing concept and I hope it works out.

Price Id be willing to pay would be about 1/2 to 2/3rds of Loco DLC personally so that puts it in the £6.00 - £8.00 bracket Id guess. Why wouldnt I pay £12.00 for it? Well if I was going to spend that on a DLC I'd be inclined to pick up a loco DLC which in my head would have more game play options, if I ever got to the stage that I didnt have a loco DLC on my wishlist then yeah I'd probably go for this at the same price.

• Like Like x 2
  48. Coastway trainspotter

Having watched the video , I’m a bit unclear . The timetable fix will be free , but what else will be free ? The Christmas lights on the viaduct , the snowmen , and the outdoor wagon , will they also be free ? Or will they be included with the paid-for liveries ?

• Like Like x 1
  49. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

The video has put me off to be honest. I like the liveries and I like the coach. But all the Christmas stuff, no thanks. Just makes it look like a toy.

So not for me. But it’s something different so credit to Rivet for trying.

Still want the loco fixed though!

• Like Like x 3
  50. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I wonder what jobs the people who want this to be free or unrealistically cheap do for a living because I could do with a new gate for my back yard but don’t want to pay for it, but I’d be willing to offer £10 cash if they insist.

This is a FUN gameplay pack. I can feel the steam coming from some people’s ears already. “TSW2 is supposed to be a simulator and no fun should ever be had” I hear them say, through gritted teeth, their faces getting redder than Rudolph’s nose. I love it.

What a great stocking filler. Something a little different for those who want a magical time on the railway.

• Like Like x 11