Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 5th April 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Apr 5, 2022.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

MicrosoftTeams-image (33).jpg

We share our first Roadmap update since changing to our monthly format, with plenty of movement, an update on Horseshoe Curve, the DB BR 420, the Xbox audio and PS5 DLC limit issues. Also, in the first of our Development Deep Dives, we have a chat with Adam to find out more about Mastery route Rewards for Preserved Collection routes.

Read More : https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/tsw2-roadmap-5-april-2022

Missed the live stream? You can watch it here:

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 17
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Well, nice to see HSC is looking a lot better than what it was before now (especially with the GEVO). Can't wait for the preview stream.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

It's nice to know that the hand rail on the ES44AC is fixed ! That's a good start, SHG! You listen to us. :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

One new route and it's German. I'm not complaining but I was hoping we’d see a bit more.
    Question for the stream- How do you go about ensuring quality and quantity with routes? It's good having shorter routes if it means you can spend more time on the finer details but we also want longer routes with a high quality. Use Harlem line for example

• Like Like x 2
  5. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

HSC does look fantastic but not a fan of American routes. Maybe wait for a sale.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I like the roadmap and the way it is presented a lot and I will not complain about the mastery spoilers. Completely understandable Adam can no longer wait to share the fun with us!

But some questions:

- Any news on Scenario designer 2.0 When will we see it back on the list?
    - We had a long discussion in the forums after Matts statements on the UI, essentially saying we will wait to change anything you may get used to it. For me it feels sometimes as getting used to being dead, which is not the most exciting experience.Are you willing to take our comments serious and do some improvements tot he UI? We are not requesting a complete revision, just some optimizations.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Yes, i'm quite excited for HSC, and glad to hear they've beefed up the switching services and added the runs to/from Cresson interlocking. The shots of the curve itself look really nice.

Beyond that, though, lots of tumbleweeds blowing through this roadmap.

Hopefully they can share some details on the new German route soon.

I know Mastery stuff is important to some people, but I was hoping for more railroad-related subjects for these deep-dives: signalling, dispatcher improvements, implementing a more realistic DPU system for US freight, etc...

• Like Like x 2
  8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Nice to see that HSC apparently includes Sherman Hill train lengths.

Query: to which route belongs the (present day) unloading of an old steam loco from a trailer?

• Like Like x 1
  9. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

We're happy to take on suggestions for future deep-dives. Would love to get into the nitty-gritty in future.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

That'll be West Somerset

11. solicitr

Hmmm. Which perhaps implies the potential addition of a layer for the Liverpool locos? (Of course, if this happens the purists will moan "Inauthentic! WSR doesn't have any Jubilees or 8Fs!")

• Like Like x 1
  12. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Another boring update with not lots of new things that would get me to go back to the game. To sum it all up this whole roadmap was just about the HSC route that is coming and a new German route which is not announced yet and some work that the preservation crew work on which is the mastery.
    I really do like the new structure of the roadmap which and especially the. We mastery things that the preservation crew have work on but still many of the things that we want to see aren’t there such as a save button that actually work or new function in game, or more improvement to train track sounds or in-can announcements inside train cab and on the platform.
    The roadmap update today is lot better but still doesn’t show any new features that would draw me back to playing. Look like got to wait until the next roadmap update. Disappointing:|:(

• Like Like x 4
  13. Tank621

Well, not really, we've known about it for a while, it's just an asset they hadn't used until now.

Though, steam locos on WSR is probably pretty likely anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  14. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

One does not dare to say which new route this will be? That doesn't sound very trustworthy and is usually not a good sign.

• Like Like x 5
  15. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Do you know how long the trains on HSC will be more then 100 or just around that?

16. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

I just want to say that those LGV Mediterrenne mastery rewards look insane. Like, wow. That’s cool.

• Like Like x 7
  17. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

Is it too early to expect a German steam route?

• Like Like x 1
  18. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Any idea of when DTG are going to actually touch on the subject of improving the core aspects of the game? Such as improving sounds, visuals, adding a virtual guard etc?

A lot of these things just seem to be ignored and/or never talked about.

• Like Like x 17
  19. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I won’t comment on HSC until the preview stream. Other than that, very disappointed to read that the PS5 DLC limit is apparently still miles away from being fixed. However, I’m very excited about seeing the update on TSG’s Br 420 as it inches its way closer to release - all the new info on it makes it seem like TSG will once more raise the quality bar.

• Like Like x 1
  20. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Another German route, so by my reckoning that's soon to be
    3 US routes
    2 German routes
    1 Swiss route
    Since the last UK modern era route.

It really feels that when it comes to British interest DTG are putting all their eggs into SOS. I really hope it pays off for the future of TSW.

• Like Like x 4
  21. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

• [NEW] German Route
    The standout to me. Hopes

1. Cologne to Koblenz
    2. Oberhausen to Cologne (with Bergisch Gladbach branch)
    3. Koblenz to Frankfurt
    4. Berlin to Halle or Leipzig
    5. Munich to Garmisch or Garmisch to Innsbruck
    6. Munich to Salzburg
    7. Stuttgart to Ulm
    8. Bochum/Gelsenkirchen to Hamm (with S4 Dortmund-LGD to Unna)

Most hoped for new rolling stock: ICE1

• Like Like x 15
  22. londonmidland

There certainly is a 'drought' of British DLC if you aren't into Steam. Could be a long wait until something else releases.

• Like Like x 9
  23. solicitr

Of those routes, only Sherman Hill, Harlem and Tharandter Rampe have been released by DTG since London Commuter came out. West Cornwall and Luzerne are from Rivet, Horseshoe Curve from Tailhook. Nahverkehr Dresen and Boston Commuter were released before LC, which was the third and last of the Rush Hour group.

• Like Like x 1
  24. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

We'll look to cover things like this in the preview stream. Honestly, I don't know off the top of my head, but I imagine it'll be similar to Sherman Hill in terms of train length (with lower lengths on 8th-gen consoles, as Sherman Hill does).

• Like Like x 1
  25. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Is it just me that spotted this easter egg in the roadmap?

upload_2022-4-5_17-0-59.png

Now that unless I am mistaken is a fowler 4F (less tender) which would haul local freight. Is this a future loco DLC?

• Like Like x 6
  26. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Great roadmap, still not the n.1 fan of the new style. But I don't mind, it's not too bad.

As I have 0 interest in mastery rewards I am not too excited about them, but I respect they are part of the game and are enjoyable for a lot of people, and they seem really cool from the screenshots. Might try to recreate the Marseille one with some people on MSFS ;)

BR420 and the new german routes are the two highlights for me, I'm not really into American freight (and SMH more than satisfies the little interest I have), and I'm not a fan of giving Skyhook money after the BR187. Not until it's fixed and improved anyway.

Also might be controversial but I really hope the next german route is not steam, I'd love some modern-ish NEW german trains.

• Like Like x 5
  27. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I think this is part of the wsr mastery. They talked about adding a static fowler there.

Nice roadmap. My personal opinion, they hide another uk route. They know well not everybody is into steam, so im sure there is a parallel project. Probably its on standby until a close release of sos.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

Hmm, I thought it looked a bit lacking in detail to be a playable loco.

29. Sakul1212

Sakul1212 Member

I'm very excited for the german Route, i hope it's the S-Bahn Berlin.

• Like Like x 2
  30. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Koblenz - Trier along the Mosel valley would be great. However, at 70 miles (113km), it’s likely that any route along here would be truncated.

• Like Like x 2
  31. solicitr

Horses for courses. Personally I would prefer neither, but rather Bundesbahn 1960s-80s.

• Like Like x 5
  32. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I was hoping for an improve in the audio team as well but still nothing on this month roadmap, how long are we going to have to wait before there are improvement in this area of field? :(

• Like Like x 1
  33. Tank621

That's the mastery reward diorama for West Somerset

34. solicitr

Koblenz-Bingen through the Rhine Gorge would work: only about half that length (32 miles)

35. Irish Train sim

A virtual guard hasn’t been mentioned as no one wants it. Seriously???

36. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

Why can't we get the board on the consoles on the Bakerloo line why is it only available on a PC and I have told you again and again about the stop marker on the Bakerloo line on the overground station I have told you so many times please can we have it fixed

37. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see 80s/90s, the colourful era.

• Like Like x 3
  38. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

My big wish was for the new German route to be a Siemens Vectron locomotive.

• Like Like x 2
  39. londonmidland

I think you misread what I meant. I meant there being a guard who operates the doors. Even TS1 does this to some extent.

I hate having to operate the doors, as a driver, when it should be done by a guard. Especially when you have to use the pop-up menu, as its very immersive breaking in my opinion.

• Like Like x 5
  40. Irish Train sim

I suppose everyone has their pet hates. Personally doesn’t bother me, it’s pressing a button.

41. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't mind a route in that time frame. But at the same time something that is not a BR185 for freight trains wouldn't hurt. I'd love an improved BR155, similarly to what they have done with Riesa-Dresden.

Also ICE2 or 1 is pretty high in my wishlist

• Like Like x 1
  42. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Not another German route. Yawn
    Why the lack of British routes?
    When can we see fife circle or something on tsw other than SoS

• Like Like x 3
  43. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

My guess would be probably in the Summer, when they do the 3 bundle route again which is one American, British, and German. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  44. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

This, basically. And if it's yet another inter urban yawn fest with red Electric Karts and Dosto's, haven't got the slightest bit of interest.

I also echo the concerns that Spirit Of Steam appears to be basically it so far as forthcoming UK routes are concerned. Why can't we have something that's not south of England third rail territory and provides the opportunity to get a Deltic, Class 56 or Class 60 in the game?

Already logged elsewhere that HSC holds little interest. Already got it on TS and didn't exactly hold my interest long there.

And with the several threads running about ongoing issues, I share the sentiments it's time these were met head on by DTG and not swept under the carpet. Spirit Of Steam seems likely to fall foul of several of these - lighting, sounds, signalling complexity vs. save game - so let us know what is happening, please.

• Like Like x 6
  45. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

A nice roadmap, I'm definitely not dissapointed.

The mastery rewards look really nice, especially summerset is going to be great.

A new german route is a plus in my book, hopefully with new rolling stock again. Maybe some new freight cars, that would be nice. Or new passanger cars.

Horseshoe curve looks great, I wasn't sold on it first but those screenshots got me hooked.

And the BR420 keeps amazing me, I can't wait to drive that one.

ICE1 would be a blast to have.

• Like Like x 2
  46. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I'm pretty certain that the next British route will be bundled with the Summer release. I just hope it'll not be located south of Watford Gap.

47. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I thoroughly enjoyed this roadmap. Especially liked the preview of upcoming DLCs and the Mastery deep dive. Still think the roadmap itself could be vastly improved by just ordering all the things chronologically like before, but I’ll gladly take this huge amount of insight over a regular, bi-weekly roadmap any day. Great job DTG!

48. Tank621

Now, I've never bought any German content but I will say that BR 420 does look quite nice, perhaps I should sample some of the mainland European content at some point

49. trainfan3001

trainfan3001 Member

Just A Heads Up 56K Is Not A Westbound Grain Train It Originates Out West And Comes Into Johnstown Then Cresson Interlocking 55K Is The Counterpart

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. londonmidland

Talking of core issues, I can spot an issue right away in this picture, which was posted here.

Despite full rain and cloud cover, why do we still have the sun shining though? Also, when are we going to get better looking rain visuals?

12759F9E-B33C-4B91-BBD4-AF72ACFCD6E9.jpeg

• Like Like x 3