Train Sim World 2 - Spirit Of Steam Railfan Tv Goes On Tour

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Jul 21, 2022.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 12
  2. metro north railfan 224

metro north railfan 224 Active Member

Good for you guys. I hope you all had fun.

3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

How about some updates on the promised improvements e.g. to firing. Or fixes to consists which have braked vehicles in the middle of unbraked and cannot be moved without climbing down and physically pulling the strings. Surely if anything could have been addressed by now, it's this? Several threads discussing key issues in the main board.

How about some loco and stock DLC to start fleshing the route out, or official layers for railtours on other UK routes?

Your customers are beginning to feel this is another fired and forgotten route.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  4. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

Potential future dlc???

5. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

This customer isn't.

6. OldVern

Well good for you.

I take it you haven't encountered the unexplained SPAD's which abruptly end several freight scenarios.
    The fitted wagons in the middle of unfitted obviously do not concern you.
    The unfinished scenery and absence of lineside fencing along some of the route.
    The rushed and poorly implemented firing "solution".
    The less than stellar steam loco physics.
    Continued lack of sound from AI trains.
    The general poor quality sound which breaks up when the "beats" get above a certain quantity and that weird grinding noise from the tender on the Jubilee.
    The weird small scale appearance of Crewe station.
    No announced DLC to flesh out the steam loco fleet, add more coaching stock and or wagons.

And DTG have not even had the courtesy to pop into any of the concurrent threads about SoS covering these topics to state what is being looked at and on what sort of timescale. So yes, apart from PR and "high fives" they do seem to have forgotten it.

Not saying I'm not enjoying it, as some elements are very good and I probably haven't played much else in TSW since buying it. However it was released with huge fanfare, self congratulation between various members of the company, this was just the beginning to build on etc., etc then... nada.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  7. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

From the points you mentioned, no dlc and poor a.i sounds are currently a huge immersion braker for me.

Still cant believe dtg made all the effort to move on. So my guess (hope) is, at least with the manual firing update there will be a few loco dlcs for crewe liverpool.

• Like Like x 1
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Well done article from what I can see there can be a route featuring Union of South Africa that means the Forth Bridge Fife Circle Line with 170 158 Class 68 Union of South Africa A4 class.

9. marcsharp2

Yes I have but it doesn't bother me. Upgrades will come as will future DLC's.

10. OldVern

I hope you’re right then!

11. marcsharp2

I often am

12. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Why does anyone think SoS will be any different to any other recent DLC?

Boston Sprinter has been out almost 12 months and we are still waiting on a working representation of incab signalling,
    LC & DRA are both still a stuttering mess, on anything but the highest spec rigs,
    Sherman Hill the in cab signalling remains broken 8 months after release (and dont get me started on the lack of basic functions such as train length counters).
    Harlem Line has random terminal red light issues 4 months later.
    Tharandter Rampe is possibly Rush hour or later route without major issues still unaddressed, although I'd argue that the poor RD support for the 612, and the impossible timetable on the 143 are 2 things desperately needing resolving.

• Like Like x 2
  13. mariussoare_84

mariussoare_84 Well-Known Member