Out Now Train Sim World 3 - Loco Add On Bundle Out Now

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Oct 4, 2022.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  2. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I love that the individual Locos are £4.99. Really good bargain. Purchased the 66 RHTT set.

• Like Like x 5
  3. royalscot#3684

royalscot#3684 Well-Known Member

RHTT should have been in TSW3 given that there was no new British route on offer. And if you look at the spray it is also still unfinished...

• Like Like x 2
  4. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

This DLC release has changed my mind on TSW3. I'm starting to like it. I only bought the Dispolok and found myself enjoying TSW like I used to enjoy it when I just discovered it.

• Like Like x 4
  5. odelacruzv

odelacruzv New Member

I like the new dispolok, but found on xbox that sifa light doesn’t work, also agree panel lights are horrible but this is extensible to the whole 182 family.

• Like Like x 2
  6. aliila#7384

aliila#7384 Well-Known Member

Yes, the Sifa light isn‘t working on PC either.

7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I like this game so I will not thumb-down this package at Steam. Lets see how this cheap populism by DTG will end. A purchase for hardcore loyal fans only. This is a half route price and far from a half route fun. BR o7

• Like Like x 3
  8. deeuu#6908

deeuu#6908 Well-Known Member

I don't own Clinchfield, and am unlikely too unless it goes on sale really cheap, but I am a sucker for a new loco, so I guess £4.99 isn't too bad a deal for the F7?

• Like Like x 1
  9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The $ is not a problem with this release.
    And it shouldn't be an excuse.

No content. Low quality. Debatable consistency with the mission of the company that tries to provide customers with a satisfying meet-trains experience.

Core game is good, this is absolutely not. BR o7

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2022
  10. deeuu#6908

deeuu#6908 Well-Known Member

I get the intent of your message, but (at least for me) it's no more complicated than, I want train, this is the cheapest way to get said train, not interested in any other parts of the pack, and not interested in having the route that the F7 comes with.

• Like Like x 3
  11. antwerpcentral

I really disagree with you on that one. I don't understand what you mean with no content. I only got the Dispolok and to me it feels like new content.

• Like Like x 2
  12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

But this means more of the same and only on SKW. Eventually the daylight freight services are something new there. In this lowressish cab, for train sake :)

13. antwerpcentral

are you referring to the image posted on the forums about the speedometers? I've seen that image and it doesn't resemble the speedometer I'm seeing. Probably low settings on PC. On console it looks fine

• Like Like x 1
  14. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I am refering to what I see on my display. This looks like IOW "square-round" buttons case. Another copy-paste low quality Taurus. Externals are fine and are the only reason I like the purchase, tiny little bit.

15. breblimator

breblimator Guest

And the most important problem, for me: DTG does not intend to sell expensive high fidelity trains, because apparently there are no customers for them. In return we get cheap low fidelity trains for the masses. The ratings on Steam will perfectly sum up these business decisions. BR o7

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2022
  16. 50/50 on the fireworks.
    snip.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  17. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, this is the game we've bought into for the past 5 years.

For myself, I would gladly pay more for higher quality modeling, with precision cab interiors, more detailed scenery texture, accurate sounds and horns and a more realistic environment with natural looking NPC's on stations, trains and walking around, properly modeled vehicular traffic that doesn't look cartoonish
    and spawns realistically - just more realism generally.

But that's not the market. The market is overwhelmingly casual players playing from their living room sofas, who are more concerned about their gold stars and achievements than the accuracy and quality of the trains and routes. Completionists rather than train enthusiasts who complain about $5 trains, so they're not going to pay $50 or $60 for a route dlc.

Gone are those idealistic and, I realize now, unrealistic hopes I had when CSX Heavy Haul launched. TSW turned out to be just TSC plus.

The game is what it is, with all its imperfections, and, knowing that, I can still enjoy it.

DTG have done a pretty good job taking the middle ground. I always expect the game to get better. It's not getting better, but I'll continue to support it. After all, it's all there is , isn't it?

• Like Like x 12
  18. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Probably You are right. I am just tired of the long list of what DTG forgot but Matt and JD will talk to the team. I have some unfinished Nat' "will talk the team" year or two ago promisses. The BR 182 substitutions? Is this so hard? meh meh meh tired yeah

• Like Like x 5
  19. shamanspark

shamanspark Member

+1

• Like Like x 2
  20. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

I must say that I feel dividing the customer base into "train enthusiasts" and what you dismissively call "completionists" is a rather crude split. Personally I feel that there's also a large group of what I'm going to call "casual train enthusiasts" which is probably also the majority whilst what you call "train enthusiasts" I would call "nit picking train enthusiasts". The former group want trains, scenery, sounds and traffic that look and sound realistic (ish) whilst the latter group insists on complete perfection produced in the same timescale as existing dlc.

TSW is very gradually improving although the all too frequent game breaking bugs haven't helped. It will never be as good as some of the frankly unrealistic fantasies that I read when it first came out.

• Like Like x 12
  21. SGTDRE

SGTDRE Well-Known Member

For my XB1 version I would not mind getting it and only $13.99 as advertised https://live.dovetailgames.com/, BUT that is not an option on XB US, all my searching turns up Nothing, on XB uk it is there.

22. royalscot#3684

I don't understand why the RHTT only layers onto one British modern route. Surely it could be on London-Brighton, Cathcart and GWML too? It would also be a plausible addition to West Somerset Diesel gala. That would make it better value - at the moment it looks like another half-arsed effort by DTG.

• Like Like x 2
  23. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I would say that the hope was for something like a combination of Zusi and Run-8 but with modern graphics and sounds. That hope has rather dwindled.

• Like Like x 3
  24. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

It cannot layer since its the only and first one. They need to edit the timetable for it. It only can layer when its the same seize

25. SGTDRE

SGTDRE Well-Known Member

:UPDATE:
    As of today, I just noticed that the Loco bundle is now on XB US at the advertised Price $13.99, and yes I did get it :)
    Also,
    it's not veery big for a bundle of three(3) items. on XB it installed in about three(3) minutes :/

26. antwerpcentral

I don't get the criticism about the loco's being a reskin as it is also reflected in the pricing. 3 locos for the price of one. Think of it as an exclusive sale :D

• Like Like x 1
  27. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's much less than the price of 1 locomotive lol even if you bought each separately. Still a bit cheaper than the usual loco price of $19.99

28. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Okay, okay, I'll add my 2-cents' worth:
    -- Rain does not appear on the Class 66's windows.

-- The spraying effect is less than convincing, especially compared to a video of the real RHTT in operation posted somewhere in these forums.

-- I find it odd that as each activity begins, the brakes timing is set to PASS rather than FREIGHT and, in some cases, the gizmo above the driver's window that can be used to reset it to FREIGHT is inoperative. [However, perhaps PASS timing is more suitable to this spraying activity?]

These minor glitches aside, I'm thoroughly enjoying this DLC and the fact that it could be purchased without the other two components of this latest TSW3 DLC.

By the way, the Class 66 included here is more than just a repaint: there's also a pretty complicated (multiple switches and buttons) gizmo in the cab that controls the spraying process.

[BTW: I avoided the other two-thirds of this package because I have no interest in yet another passenger engine or livery, despite my long-time admiration of the Santa Fe design.]

29. rennekton#1349

The first two is being fixed and coming in a patch.

30. solicitr

That's correct. Goods timing really is only needed for heavy freight.

31. LastTrainToClarksville

And you know these things how?

32. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Roadmap and roadmap streams

33. royalscot#3684

Anyone know why the 66s are not enabled for passenger charter work? They have been used for charters in real life. That would add interest.

I am also baffled why the 37s can't be used for the RTT as again they have been in real life

I think this is one reason people get frustrated with DTG - people pay for a product but it ends up being half arsed so you can't use an existing locos in the way you want

34. solicitr

I believe the 66's can only be used for railtours and fair-weather charters, not regular passenger work, because they aren't equipped with HEP and so can't provide passenger coaches with light or heat.

35. royalscot#3684

Are you required to switch off the spray when over level crossings, points and in stations? That is a crucial part of RHTT operation in real life. The scoring system should give you heavy penalties if you don't as that's a major operational infraction.

36. royalscot#3684

That's right but they have been on regular summer charters in various parts of the country - especially on railfan trips.

Interesting 66s were used as express passenger locos in Egypt between Cairo and Alexandria! I think generator cars provided the air con (heating was presumably not needed!)

37. solicitr

Well, I haven't looked at the current incarnation of SEHS, but I know that on ECW one can run 66s with railtours.

38. rennekton#1349

Yep. There is only 1

39. oliverristau#4036

oliverristau#4036 Active Member

Und bei der F7 ist es doof das mann den Santa fee lock nicht über malen kann weil i h habe eine F7 lackiert in den Marc Oklahoma Ohio railroad und Mann sie die andere lackierung immer darunter leider

Attached Files:

40. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

I've seen plenty of RHTTs with spray on over crossings and through stations. I believe it's meant to be turned off below 20mph.

41. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

In game no. The operation in real life is carried out by a RHTT operator sat in the 2nd mans seat with the RHTT control box on that side of the cab and not the drivers side. So going through Stations, Pointwork and level crossings its in effect the 2nd man (RHTT controller) that operates the console on and off as he sees fit Unfortunately the pack is basic and scripting for penalty points was not activated. You could try to remember to switch it on and off as you see fit but you might just find it a bit frustrating, driving and being in charge of the RHTT operation across pointwork and stations. I have seen the RHTT MPV's spray through my station in the past.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  42. antony.henley

Yes the Class 66's can be used for charter work in TSW2 they are used on ECW for a tour. In the game when the AI runs the railtour on ECW (from Lewes - Eastbourne it will mostly spawn top and tail 66's. If you have ECW based Class 66 liveries then it may choose a custom livery to add a little bit of realism. You were also able to utilise the ECW version of the 66 in the TSW2 version of South East High Speed on the tours as well. Mostly they would spawn in with Heritage locos (if you had the Tees Valley route + added DLC locos as well as NTP and the Heavy freight Pack and dare I say it the 33 or 52 from WSR), But you could spawn in with a 66 on it if you like. Now since SEHS extended there were no Heritage tours added (from TSW 2 version of SEHS) we have the Kettle but to be honest I would like to see the Heritage tours back at some point. Whether we get them or not I dont know.

So to TSW 3. I haven't tested this yet, but since TSW 3 In GWE, SEHS and I would presume ECW and CCC we have had a lovely choice of GWE 66, ECW 66 and SEHS 66 and SEHS RHTT 66 to choose from to do our freight bidding. AND yes Custom SEHS and ECW liveries DO spawn in on the GWE freight :o Im not sure about whether the ECW 66 or any other version of the 66's can be used for the Railtour on the Cathcart Circle route. Need to test that out as well.

RHTT 37's

Would be great and a welcome addition and certainly should be allowed to make up a RHTT consist using the 37's or possibly 47's in Scenario creator although we wouldn't be able to use them as they dont have the RHTT control mechanism in them.

Hope this helps.
    Hentis

43. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I'm still hoping for a consist creator to come one day.

• Like Like x 1
  44. antony.henley

Heres Hoping

• Like Like x 2
  45. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The Displok 182 needs to be future-proofed for a consist that way it can do Freight and the IC Coaches standing in for OBB Nightjet from Wurzburg to Rohrbach.
    This is actually the Aachen Brussels Midi service combined with the Dusseldorf Duisburg-Arnhem Utrecht Amsterdam Centraal Nightjet train. Separates at Koln Hbf

46. solicitr

There is no bundle on the Steam store, just the three individual DLC's.

47. rennekton#1349

If you click on one, it should show you the bundle if you scroll down.

48. solicitr

Ah, thanks! You just saved me 4 bucks.

49. LastTrainToClarksville

Me, too!

• Like Like x 1