PC Train Sim World Controller

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Jetset-James, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Jetset-James

Jetset-James Member

Hi,

My new system arrives tomorrow and I am used to playing on the PS4. What do you seasoned pros use on your computer? Do you find the keyboard and mouse controls are straight forward?

Thanks,

James

2. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

I use mouse and keyboard because that is what works best for me but others may find something like an Xbox controller to more intuitive. It's really a personal preference. Try out both and see what you like most!

3. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

For Train Sim World.... you can pick up the XBox controller for about £20. But you will need mouse functionality for the "zoom in" function - and I use a mini-keyboard's track-pad.... But - this is not absolutely essential. You don't have to use a keyboard or mouse at all (as you don't absolutely need all of the functions on keyboard).

But.... you might consider downloading Train Simulator.... which has a completely different control scheme, depending on the route your are playing..... Here an XBox controller will not be enough. You must have a keyboard to use the "T" key, to load passengers/freight. And.... you will need a mouse to look around... You can use a trackpad again.... but you'll need one that allows a long depress on the RMB (Right Mouse Button), so that you can right-click-n-drag, preferably as a two-handed operation (so you can look around and zoom at the same time).

4. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

I prefer mouse and keyboard but that's also what I'm used to after playing Train Simulator for many years. For other games I use a Logitech controller... but as said in the post above, an Xbox controller should work also. I find games that involve car driving in particular need a controller because the steering, accelerator, and brake need analog inputs so you can control them better. I find trains though don't have such a need for analog as you don't steer them and set the speed and braking by setting the controls to specific numbered points.

• Like Like x 1