1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Train Sim World Mods (thank You)

Discussion in 'Community Projects & Developer's Area' started by LT586, Jun 18, 2019.

1. LT586

LT586 Active Member

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    • Upvote Upvote x 7
  2. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

"© 2023 by The Book Lover."

lolwut? Is this site any legit?

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  3. Shukal

Shukal Well-Known Member

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  4. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

This website is now down and showing the following error message -

An error occurred during a connection to canoguy54321.wixsite.com. Peer's Certificate has been revoked. Error code: SEC_ERROR_REVOKED_CERTIFICATE

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

5. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Member

Must of been a temporary glitch, it's working fine for me

6. ex_railwayman

Yes, it's working now this morning, they've cured the error message and we can download content again, oorah.......

7. thearkerportian

I just tried one of their BR185 repaints. First it replaced the DB (RSN) one rather than expanding the fleet, and also caused some lighting glitches. 185 243 04.jpg

8. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

They always have to replace one instead of expanding the fleet, without the editor that's all that's possible at the moment.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  9. ex_railwayman

What do you mean by expand the fleet, you can have several liveries of the same class of locomotive installed, when you click on it you can change the livery by pressing the appropriate button and you will get a pop out box of the liveries available to you and you can choose which one to play with, like this -
    Of course, that means that every locomotive of that Class will have the same livery in the route until you manually change it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  10. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

There are two liveries of the DB BR 185 (one from RSN and one from MSB). When a mod is added one of those is replaced whilst the other will remain the same. In the case of that mod, it replaced the version from RSN, whilst the Railion version from MSB remained the same.

11. ex_railwayman

• Downvote Downvote x 3
    • Upvote Upvote x 1
  12. LT586

LT586 Active Member

I think they're doing a remarkable job without an editor. Priority should be the editor as clearly there's a need for it, even I wanna build a route!

13. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

...???

Not sure he's the one who's confused here.

The 185 comes in 2 liveries in the base game. One of those liveries is clearly replaced by a mod in your screenshot. NorthRail1 called them RSN and MSB versions of the 185 because one of the liveries was included in RSN and one in MSB.

You can have multiple mods, but only if they change different liveries or locos. Right now, you can only replace things.

What are you "waffling on about?" Mind your own business, giving folks duff information.

• Upvote Upvote x 4
  14. LT586

LT586 Active Member

Are we really bickering over paint colours for a train??? Really. Come on lads.

Lets remember these chaps are working blind and no editor so gotta give them encouragement, those of us who are genuinely impressed.

Keep up the good work all. I support this site thoroughly, and the first external community english page for Mods, only great things.

15. thearkerportian

Oh I wasn't complaining about the repaint as such, that looks very well made apart from the lighting glitch mentioned. Whose "fault" it is - the creator of the mod or DTG - I didn't say anything about that because I don't know whose it is!

My point was, I didn't expect the repaint to overwrite anything, that's not how repaints work in any other simulator I played, and it isn't stated anyhere on the page that it does. At least not that I had seen.

@ex: Thank you. I'm well aware of the switch livery function.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  16. ragn05

ragn05 Active Member

I wouldn't call them "RePaint" if them don't replace the original textures, I would feel "additional livery" better because it add a new livery

17. thearkerportian

Well in other games they are called repaints, or reskins sometimes. - Adding a new paint scheme to the game.