Train Sim World Studio Update - February 2019

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Feb 15, 2019.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Since our last Studio Update lots has happened including Christmas, and we hope you had a fantastic holiday and enjoyed quality time with your friends and families. Now the festivities are over and we’re well into February and 2019, I tracked Matt down to see how things have been going and discuss some interesting things they’ve been working on.

READ MORE

• Like Like x 17
  2. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Thanks James :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Thanks James

4. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update which is fairly interesting. Any chance the simugraph diagrams can be expanded further so that they're more readable?

5. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Good read with quite a lot of informations, so thanks for that. For the next update, or in between, is there any info on timetables in stations and destination displays in stations? As it seems that it's currently only available on the trains itself. And any info if this sort of PIS will be implemented for earlier routes aswell?

6. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

This is amazing. MSB will have moving cars, and animated cargo loaders! Also, they are trying to backport the moving cars to previous routes!
    See?! DTG do indeed listen and update older DLCs.

• Like Like x 4
  7. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

can i ask if DTG have some future project to improve PIS on the other route?

• Like Like x 1
  8. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update which was very useful for finding out what is happening behind the scenes. The Main-Spessart route looks very detailed and high quality. I hope one of the new locomotives is the DB BR 294 which will allow for diesel operations on both routes in places such as the Elverlingsen power station on Ruhr Sieg Nord and the Aschaffenburg docks mentioned in this article. It's also good to see more news on the editor. One question though, is there a livestream planned for Main-Spessart Bahn?

• Like Like x 4
  9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  10. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

CSX Heavy Haul had animated cargo loaders and moving cars, so that's nothing new. They didn't say MSB would have moving cars either, they actually said 'we’re targeting having moving traffic on roads for the Main-Spessart Bahn', the same way they 'targeted' December 2018 to release the Editor Beta. The fact they said 'targeting' less than a week before release is weird, seeing as the final build of the DLC should already be with Steam, it should be a certain 'we've implemented moving cars' with no ambiguity in the statement needed. I'll believe it when I see it.

As for the news on the Editor it's the usual 'I don’t have any more information yet about dates, but we are working on it, it remains a key priority for us and we’re hoping to roll it out as soon as we can.' So after missing the target of 2017, the target of 2018, we're now well into 2019 and DTG still don't know when we'll get the Editor.

Let's say for a second the Editor wasn't coming, what would happen to TSW? It would be finished, people would abandon it. So if DTG can't release the Editor would they:

a) Be honest, say it's not coming and abandon their flagship product.
    or
    b) String everyone along for months on end whilst flogging DLC until the jig is finally up.

I know where my money is, and it isn't in TSW DLC until we actually get the Editor. I'm not foolish enough to buy the same content twice so I can use it on two different routes.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

One question i have regarding the destination display controller implementation:
    We know the train displays will work, but will there also be automatic audio announcements?

12. Dirk223

Dirk223 New Member

On steam there is a video where you can see the moving cars mate ;)

• Like Like x 3
  13. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

This is all great news! I'm looking forward to the BR 294 that you're almost certainly hinting at... that will probably be fun.

14. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

What a great article James! thank you to mention these updates.

15. Digital Draftsman

That doesn't mean it will be included in the final product. DTG have been criticised on several occasions for misleading publicity. They use a lot of Photoshop in the still images to include reflections which are not present in game, add lens flare and even adding wildlife; All of which make the game appear better than it is.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Digital Draftsman

If they included that with MSB and also included scenarios for it in RSN, then MSB would be worth the £24.99. I'm definitely not going to pay £24.99 for content I already own and then shell out another £11.99 for a locomotive which should have been included with MSB in the first place.

• Like Like x 5
  17. BjornGroen02NL

totally agreed with you! however I will buy it at some point, it looks like TSW DLC's will get a maximum discount of 40%... so around next Christmas it will be that discount XD

• Like Like x 3
  18. raildan

They only do that on the cover images though, doing it in a video would be way harder and they haven't done that before. Their photoshopped pics are usually pretty obvious.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Digital Draftsman

No, but the video will be from an earlier build of the game. So if they needed a super high spec computer to run the game smoothly with the road vehicles, it might be the case that they had to remove the road vehicles from the release build to make sure the game ran smoothly on lower spec computers. I just don't understand why they'd say 'targeting' unless they were unsure about having road vehicles in the DLC for some reason.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Ninetofive925

Since road traffic is already present in CSX:HH, i think it's safe to say that road traffic will also be present in MSB.
    BUT i do agree the "targeting" does make things uncertain. I guess we'll see on the 21st.

• Like Like x 2
  21. ferrugem

ferrugem New Member

hei TrainSim-James I cant post theads on forums with new account please help me!

22. raildan

Sorry if that earlier post sounded a bit harsh (it has since been deleted). I still plan on buying both, but I totally see where you're coming from. I just don't think it's THAT bad, and I guess I was getting tired of your usual extreme pessimism. I agree that the pricing here is a bit off, though. IMO it should be the price of WSR.

You just seem to... exaggerate these problems a bit. One word in the studio update causes you to immediately assume false advertising, delays commonly seen in development schedules causes you to assume that the most requested feature of the game that is close enough to completion that we've seen video footage of it is canceled, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  23. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Because you shouldn't. You are banned from the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Digital Draftsman

Don't worry, I get where you're coming from and if you feel it's good value for money then it's your money to spend and I expect you to spend it as you see fit. Ultimately you have an opinion and I have an opinion. We're all good :)

• Like Like x 4
  25. Anthony Pecoraro

Digital Draftsman Matt said that there will be moving cars in MSB. CSX only showed coal coming out. MCB looks like it will be a crane of some kind.

26. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Just as I expected from DTG, nothing new. So you expect people who supported you by buying all the old DLC's to buy the new ones to get 1. the new features and 2. to pay you to fix all the old DLC's and add these features to them. Like how **** up is this? Its also obvious on what kind of things you have been using 99% of your ressources you got from releasing DLC after DLC and porting them. Its been 2 years now and the only remarkable change that differes TSW from 2 years ago with the current version will be the physics updates (who should have been in the game since day 1 anyways) and the list of available paid DLC's. In conclusion, you expect us to buy 10 more DLC's for you to use 1% of the ressources you get on fixing old DLC's.
    Listing basic things like moving traffic and working destination boards as a feature, what a joke of a company

• Like Like x 5
  27. Ninetofive925

I don't think the cranes will be animated for loading, i think they'll just be background animations so that the world seems lived in.

28. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I highly doubt it. They’ve only just managed to get working train destinations, which given how long TSW has been out now, tells you how long it takes for new features to be implemented.

I’d give it until at least the next couple of DLC releases until we get some sort of functioning announcement system and working platform information screens on platforms.

• Like Like x 4
  29. Anthony Pecoraro

At least they are moving though.

• Like Like x 1
  30. raildan

Tiny useless detail, just noticed the licensed Hamburg-Süd containers. Huh.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Anthony Pecoraro

I did too! :D

32. ARuscoe

Don't see why realism is useless when people bang on about it repeatedly

• Like Like x 2
  33. raildan

Useless might not have been the right word, but they could have been generic and no one would really care. It would still look ok. I don't have a problem with this at all, why would I? It's just not a detail that stands out or anything.

More detail is always good, to be clear.

34. Steve Cummins

Steve Cummins Member

DTG, from the December studio update it stated "Work on the AC4400CW is progressing well and then we’re going to take a look at the physics on all the CSX wagons, particularly relating to weight, friction and braking characteristics." Are the wagons complete or are they still yet to be done?

35. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

Sounds like the rolling stock still has to be worked on. On a slightly different topic, if the Heavy Haul freight stock is being looked at again, maybe we'll see some of those nice Hamburg-Süd containers on the double stacks - would certainly help the realism of the train with a splash of red.

36. SamYeager270

Hamburg-Süd containers are actually transported on US railways?

37. Anthony Pecoraro

Yes. I’ve seen some here.

• Like Like x 1
  38. raildan

Can also confirm, and boy is this an opportunity to plug my YT channel! Have a quick vid from a few yeas ago with a bunch of them in Tennessee (last train in the vid, also visible in thumbnail):

And some of them single-stacked through North Carolina (might wanna skip to near the end here, the intermodal was stuck on the end of this slow-moving train):

Both of these are on CSX, by the way.

There aren't too many, but there are enough that it might make sense to add some.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  39. SamYeager270

Ok, thanks for the replies.

40. ARuscoe

Hamburg sud is one of the largest global container businesses. They travel everywhere. I drove through Hamburg twice last year and the docks are huge

41. BjornGroen02NL

I have to say that I really like your YT channel :D keep on the good stuff. I am from the Netherlands so I am not familiar with US railspotting but hey, it is awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  42. raildan

Why, thank you! I should warn you that I don't upload that often. I've got a few videos where all the footage has been filmed but I haven't had the time to edit them, so my next upload depends entirely on how much free time I have in the next few weeks, and what I choose to spend it on (gotta try out this DLC, too).

• Like Like x 1