Train Sim World To Unreal Engine 5?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GoldenTicket420, May 18, 2022.

1. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone GT here with a frequently asked suggestion that I am too interested in. I do want to iterate I do understand how complicated it was to switch and rebake train Sim World 2020 to train Sim World 2 etc. I'm only asking for educational purposes and the pros and cons from the professionals themselves. For anyone else feel free to add on your question to this post.

I think considering a lot of the complications that have been arising throughout a few if not all DLCs I would not see it as a bad idea to take three of most popular in each region USA United Kingdom Germany and from assuming everything worked along with a new dispatcher can satisfy a large base of players whilist bringing over the rest of all of the DLC throughout time with popularity. That should be voted on if that is considered a suggestion. why I'm suggesting is because the constant hurdle of memory lighting texturing loading speed and even sound. So it seems like a no-brainer moving forward in the future of train Sim World 2 of course considering if Unreal Engine 5 will solve all of the issues needed to make this game thrive to it's supposed to be Triple A status no biases there LOL. I do love the game and play on a daily basis ever since release and must admit my disappointments for many things of the game but also my support and Ambitions for the game. I'm pretty sure once Steam is released dovetail will most likely if not already be testing a few route rebate under unreal 5 to see how everything run but I'm hoping to hear something about this at least in the next 2 months. The way I see it now from the live streams you guys do and what you tell us from the road maps it's getting ever more challenging producing more and more content on the game current engine due to memory constraints separate from the PS5 own save issue. I have so much to ask and add but I'd rather hear more from the community and their opinions on what they think as well.

Unreal engine 5 preview,Train Station

Why/what is unreal engine 5 ? 1 of my reasons why unreal engine 5 will help.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

seeing that a lot of the player base is console based and that many a still trying to get to the 9th gen i don't see any plans for unreal 5 coming anytime soon. if this was to happen then basically you are telling that a large player base that you won't be able to play new stuff anymore. which would cause a disaster. i still see the game staying on unreal engine for about another year or so

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lidia Litviak

Lidia Litviak New Member

Yeah consoles will explode XD and also epic has very close terms that can make train sim epic games exclusive for using the engine and that is not good at all

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Particularly, the Gen 8 Consoles would explode. The Gen 9 ones (Next-Gen) would be able to handle it, and tbh, might be able to do it very well, if DTG just upgrades, and doesn't add anything too big in terms of graphics.

• Like Like x 2
  5. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Who knows thwy can make It exclusive for new gen only if thats even possible but I don't think they plan on doing it anytime soon. I would say give it like 1-2 years until they make the move because they are going to have to keep up. Remember the issues with tsw 2020 when they waited to long to upgrade and moving things over was more difficult.

• Like Like x 1
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Only Gen 9 Consoles and PC can Handle UE5 since it's the evolution of UE 4.26 Summer 2021. UE5 on Gen 8 consoles gets the same result as Riesa-Dresden BML Gen 8 crashes. I can see them making SFS Wien Linz 188 km Innsbruck Rosenheim or the Voarlberg bahn the Three Country route.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

Eventually DTG will have to drop off the 8th gen consoles, but I imagine that won't be for another couple of years.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Yet another post espousing the great and the good about moving to an untried and untested system (at any scale)
    Shame you didn't "make an argument" ie find discussions and videos about what is difficult and challenging about transition to UE5 especially in a fairly open world environment (ie a map more than 10 sq miles / 15 sq km), then it might have made a talking point

The reason DTG should NOT be looking to move to UE5 (apart from that untried and tested bit) as yet is their engineers haven't even optimised for UE4 so unless the inbuilt UE5 optimisation is better it will make things worse. There's also the matter that DTG don't use the basic UE4 tools but have amended and remade into their own versions so it's likely these tools would have to be remade just to get back to where they are now in UE4

Hopefully someone can come up with useful information on what moving from one to the other would actually involve rather than sales fluff for the new shiny thing

• Like Like x 2
  9. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

I do thank everyone participating in the discussion and I do want to make note. I myself do and currently only own 8th gen PS4 Pro. My suggestions for unreal 5 are totally unrelated to the graphics upgrade although very nice, I watch every dovetail live stream and roadmap and they themselves have mentioned the issues they are having moving the game forward. "Hence" why I mentioned Unreal Engine 5. It's a free software and dovetail have mentioned already if anyone ever watches their videos anymore they are "already" testing and playing with Unreal Engine 5!

So currently again separate from the PS5 memory issue. I own about 15 routes which on PS4 is about 80 GB and every time they release a route whether I buy it or not it adds more memory and depending how many services how big the route and assets are techniques they use adds even more stress which makes the route crash in all your words LOL "explode" they also have a list of other problems that are close to being equally as bad. My point is this as a current owner of generation 8 console I feel left behind anyway when it comes to the newer content coming out working on PC and PS5. The quality of Harlem Line was atrocious on current and next gen as much as I want to love it I'm not going to sit here and lie after all the tickets I wrote. They say they need to upgrade the dispatcher which affects all routes just so you know it's a core feature. Which they did just announce is ongoing. But now we go back to the memory issue where now fine detail has to be taken out routes just so they can add another train or two or they have to constantly find a balance by taking away and adding something which really takes away from every route and we seen this over and over again sadly. Last thing to be noted draw distance lighting and Shadow and answer to that would be lumen and nanite AKA new features and Unreal Engine 5 don't know what that is, I'm subscribe to quixel check them out and you will learn a lot about building worlds in unreal Engine 5. It's pretty cool. But the theory is with the new features with unlimited memory because of upgraded geometry system known as nanite building worlds are not just Limitless but it's also free which is something that will help DTG as a company utilize their resources in places such as sound and other issues they are experiencing all at once and be able to support it. Now of course I only mentioned the pros now we can discuss the cons. For one thing yes all new content would only be next-gen only leaving the already existing members in the community behind. Which granted they're not going to do that so that's not even a thought. I'm pretty sure there's a lot more cons but I don't want to sit here explaining pros and cons LOL just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts and opinions and if anyone was familiar with what's the big talk.

Last edited: May 19, 2022