Train Simulator 2014 And Similar Games,

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bansisingh, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Bansisingh

Bansisingh New Member

I'm confused why these games are even played considering the core game costs $40. From what I can tell, that doesn't include any trains. You have to buy the trains separately and these are not cheap; they go as high as $40 per and the cheapest (when not on sale) go down to about $7.

If this was a game with more interactivity, I could possibly see it but we're still in the ballpark of ludicrous. You're driving trains. Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire That's it. I don't want to make a value judgement of what other people find fun but near on $100 for a game where your sole task is to speed up and slow down at the right time while watching the scenery absolutely baffles me.

And according to comments and reviews, this isn't a very good simulator or just straight up game anyways; full of bugs, sloppy simulation, lack of real content, etc.

There are other games of a similar type and I can understand the argument that there's a niche kind of person who really gets into this sort of game but I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that there are enough people in that niche crowd to justify creating a game like this which, from what I can see, does seem to be an attempt at making an actual, playable game and not just something sharted out in a week to soak unsuspecting Steam users.

I freely admit I haven't played the game and maybe this is one of those "play it and you'll understand it" deals but I'm straining my brain trying to figure out what there is to understand and coming up short.

I'm doubly interested to hear from people who have bought/loved this kind of game.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  2. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

3. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

There's plenty of content in the base game as is evident from the description. If you're into trains TS is the best thing going. If you're not don't let the door hit your ass on your way out.

4. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

If you have no interest in railways then this sim is obviously not for you.

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I'm interested on what games there are that are similar... Yes there are simulators of other methods of transport, but they would have the same issues. You speed up, slow down and manage the vehicle...

6. hightower

hightower Guest

GTA V = you run around and shoot people. You can drive a car, but that’s just speed up, slow down, get out. Same for trains and planes. How boring.

COD = Run around and shoot people. Yawn.

F1, Project Cars, Gran Turismo, Forza = speed up. Slow down. Turn wheel. Dull.

I don’t think that of those games but that’s applying your same logic, so i’m not entirely sure what your point is?

Train Sim simulates trains and it does it pretty damn well. If you like trains/transport/management etc. then you’ll like it and if you don’t, then be on your way.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1