Train Simulator 2019 Faq

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TrainSim-Luke, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Link works fine for me on two pcs in different locations

3. Meeper5

Meeper5 Well-Known Member

Does your game automatically switch to 64 bit when updated or do you need to change it if so how do you change it

4. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi Meeper5,

When you click Play in your Steam Game Library, Steam will pop up a message asking which one you wish to start. If you're not seeing this message at all, please try restarting Steam and trying again.

Also, you can launch 64-bit by double-clicking on the Railworks64.exe in the Train Simulator installation folder.

Hope this helps.

Best, Steve

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Hey DTG,
    Great job on the transition to 64 bit. Appreciate the effort and the detailed notes you provided above. Im off to play Portsmouth Direct Line and check out your fine work, but a quick look just now and it looks very good fun indeed. The note at the bottom about the setup audio bat I didn't really understand, but I followed the steps and it seemed to do what it was supposed to.
    Keep up the good work.

6. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Well-Known Member

After i clear cache in the 64bit version it is the 32bit version that starts up. Is there any way to make ts start up in 64bits after clearing the cache?

7. VION

VION Active Member

yes many users/players get the same glitch after clearing the cache in Game (TS2019 64Bit) tools options or tweaking their Graphics Options the game restart in 32 Bit mode, me include.

8. ARuscoe

Go into steam, right click Train Simulator, choose the 64 bit option
    If you use a shortcut on your desktop to start TS then go into the railworks folder on your hard disk and replace the existing icon on your desktop with one to railworks64. You'll need to re-add any extentions to it (I limit my FPS to 15 because I have a low spec machine)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi Kim,

The restart is an unfortunate limitation of Steam. We are looking at other ways of doing the restart function but, for the time being, when the software asks you to restart, select no and then exit and restart manually.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Kim Olesen

Thanks for the quick reply Steve. I guess you are all on overtime support duty on launch day :)

11. VION

VION Active Member

Thanks for the advice.
    Cheers
    Gerard

12. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

Just curious, if we own some of the routes, will there ever be a discounted price off the full price like a complete the package deal? From what I see that is currently not an option, wasn't sure if it would ever come up.

13. Kim Olesen

Will deleting the 32bit exe fix this? I am thinking if the problem has anything to do with steam having a choice between two executables.

14. VION

VION Active Member

15. Kim Olesen

I am impressed! Even on a computer that has lower than minimum specs (3,4 quad core, 8gb ram) ts64bits runs better than ts2018. And this is on highest graphic settings. Stations that used to be a “slide show” are much better. And i can drive all the way from Hamburg to Hannover without ts dumping. Already very happy. Come clear cache fix and all is great.

16. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

Yes, I too am very impressed with the quality of TS2019. I'm seeing better rendering, details and improved graphics generally on both my relatively low-end desktop PC and even on my mediocre laptop - both of which can run the 64 bit version of the TS2019 at much better quality than was possible with the 32 bit releases of TS. I've only tried a few of the routes so far, but those I've tried have worked very well indeed - a great improvement visually, and smoother operation. Credit must go the the developers / programmers for their hard work in producing these very welcome improvements.

17. Kim Olesen

After testing i am sure that the dispatcher in the 64bit version handles things different than in the 32bit version. Things that are possible in quick drives when using the 32bit version gives error messages in 64 bits.

In 64bits i get “Scenario failed to load, many issues.” on a scenario that runs without error messages in 32bits.

On another scenario a train that was led to a track besides the main line was held back and would not go back on the main line and further on to the next destination in the 64bit version. In the 32bit version it worked as expected.

18. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

Attention to TrainSim-Steve and others who can reply to my question.

I have followed your instructions that you mentioned in your message above back to #9 from here. You mentioned that we can double-click Railworks64.exe in Train Simulator installation folder. After clicked the exe of Railworks64 and ask me to login to Steam. Why would I have to login to Steam in the first place and all I want to run straight to the program of Train Simulator 2019 without login to Steam. Is there a way for me just to run the program of Train Simulator 2019 and no need to login to Steam. Let me know about this.

John

19. ARuscoe

No there is not, because steam is used for monitoring and licensing of the product, so you always need at least the bootstrapper running for railworks to be able to un

20. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

Thank you to you for your quick reply and understood how it works with Steam and Train Simulator 2019. I just have to accept and go along with this.

John

21. ARuscoe

If you stick the bootstrapper in your windows startup you basically have to wait until the update routine completes and tghen you can run TSx64 from the desktop

22. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

I was wondering if I can delete the exe file of Railworks32 from the folder of Train Simulator 2019. I really don't need this exe file because my desktop is a 64-bit operating system to run anything. If yes, then I will remove the exe file and put in another folder outside the program of Train Simulator 2019.

John

23. ARuscoe

Don't see why you would need to but it won't harm anything. Don't know if it will only be replaced at a validation anyway, and the x86 exe is 370kb in size, so miniscule...

24. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

What do you gain by removing the file?
    I have two Train Simulator Icons on my desktop - one for 32 and one for 64.
    Sometimes I might decide to modify a freeware route and it does not always work in RailWorks64 so I use RailWorks32.

And because Steam realises you should have RailWorks.exe it would replace it.
    Like if you wish to remove a route or Add-on - just deleting it from your file would just cause it to be reinstalled by Steam.

Peter

25. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

Thank you to all who reply to my message and I decide to leave with Railworks32.exe and Railworks.exe64 as is in the program of Train Simulator 2019.

John

26. Copa

Copa New Member

does ts 2019 work with older expansions/routes?

27. Copa

Copa New Member

and why the heck does this game need a constant steam connection that's dumb

28. ARuscoe

Yes
    License and update checking on all the DLC?

29. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It needs the Steam Client running but it Does Not need to be Online

30. wolvestrains

wolvestrains Member

Yeap I can confirm I have been happily playing it on the train without net access.

31. johnathanlane2018

johnathanlane2018 New Member

when i start the game it has the loading but the game dose not open it just stays closed

32. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

Hi all... I recently bought a steam key for TS2019... Now although i already had Portsmouth Direct Line, I wanted the "extension" to Waterloo that TS2019 included as well as Soldier Summit (that I didn't have) and (I think) The Rhine Railway...

To cut a long story short, I entered the key into steam & it said i already had the game... YES... I have the game but i want the routes which it failed to give me...

Am i correct in presuming that even though I have the base game I should STILL BE ENTITLED to the bundled routes???

I emailed steam support & got an email back saying they can see I have installed the game and hope I'm enjoying it... DUH... I'd be enjoying it more if I had the routes i bought TS2019 for...

Can anyone please tell me if my presumption is correct before I go back moaning to steam support???

Many thanks

Eric

33. ARuscoe

Write to steam support and tell them the key should give you access to those DLC and let them check
    It's a steam issue not a DTG one

34. ntypeman

Ok... thanks for that, will do... But, just before I go off to complain... Can anyone please confirm what you are entitled to with TS2019???

As far as I'm aware you get:

Portsmouth Direct Line (Waterloo -Portsmouth)

Soldier Summit & Salt Lake City (is this the "base route AND extension or just the extension only???)

A German route... I'm confused over this one as I've seen references to "The Rhine Railway" and "Frankfurt High Speed" so not sure what you are supposed to get...

Apologies if I'm appearing to harp on, I just want to know get my facts straight before I complain to Steam...

Thanks in advance...

Eric

35. ARuscoe

From the post linked in the OP of this post...

What's included in the TS2019 base package?

Train Simulator 2019 will include five routes including The Rhine Railway: Mannheim - Karlsruhe, Frankfurt High-Speed Extension, Portsmouth Direct Line, Soldier Summit and the Salt Lake City Route Extension.

So if you have a TS2019 key you should be entitled to all of those DLC

36. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When you say it failed to give you the routes have you checked to see if they are there but not installed?
    Go in to your Steam Client > Library and you will see Train Simulator
    Right Click > Properties - A box opens and the last Tab is DLC
    Click on than and go down the list - anything not installed is near the bottom and the Tick box would be empty.
    If you find the route called Portsmouth Direct Line: London Waterloo to Portsmouth see if it is ticked.
    If it is there and ticked then Untick the box and re-tick it and it should force a download

Peter

37. ntypeman

Hi Peter...

tried what you suggested with no joy... There's nothing there which even pertains to TS2019... When I try to activate TS2019 it tells me I already have the product and to press "continue" to carry on with the install but the "continue" button isn't there, only the "finish" button...

Eric

38. ARuscoe

Steam won't list TS 2019 as it won't downgrade the program, but you should see the respective DLC you would get with the 2019 bundle listed in your DLC list

39. ntypeman

It won't download the DLC because it says I already have the game...!!!

Eric

40. ARuscoe

This is why I said to put a ticket in to steam support

You already have the base game, but if you have bought a bundle license you should be able to apply that bundle license to your account and download the DLC
    You won't get "a differrent version of the game", but you SHOULD get those add on packs, so go back to Steam and state your case

41. ntypeman

I have done and am on the SECOND attempt... the first try at contacting support attracted a response of "oh, I see you have installed your game"...

I then messaged support back saying "well yes, I have the game but not the DLC that should accompany it..."

To date, I'm still awaiting a response...

Eric

42. ARuscoe

I guess it depends on how you worded the question

43. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Why are you looking for TS2019?
    This is what I see
    TS 2020.jpg
    Right Clicking on Train Simulator brings up the DLC menu

44. ARuscoe

Or on the right hand side about half way down it might show you the last six DLC you bought,k with "Manage my x DLC" (x is the number you have, I have 167) and if you HAVE got those DLC installed they should be at the top as it usually comes up in "date added order"

45. ntypeman

I want TS2019 as I wanted the Waterloo extension for Portsmouth Direct Line (I already have the Portsmouth - Woking section)... I saw TS2019 for just over a fiver on eneba.com (am I allowed to name websites???).

Logic dictates that Steam / DTG want £24.99 for the "Waterloo extension" and as I said that eneba wanted (in total) just over a fiver for TS2019...
    I haven't got the other routes (Soldier Summit & Frankfurt High Speed (or is it The Rhine Railway???) so to me it's a bonus and a no brainer... Get the whole package and get 3 routes for just over a fiver or pay £24.99 for each of the 3 routes at full retail price... Now I don't need to tell you that that comes to near £75, so what would you rather pay...???

Eric

46. ARuscoe

I think you're getting a bit wrapped up on the 2019 there... TS2019 is just a revision of Train Simulator, which you already have in TS2020, so Steam won't give you that as an available download. What you SHOULD have though is the DLC that go with the bundle that was on sale back then but you look for those in the DLC section of steam rather than the library location (library being the games, DLC the addons)

Hope that makes sense

47. Jammerjonn

Jammerjonn New Member

32 bit vs 64 bit which is better for simming?? Thanks

48. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Well that depends on your PC specs somewhat, but as a general rule 64bit for playing the game and 32bit for the editor as the editor is generally more stable in 32bit.

49. pasictarik10

pasictarik10 Member

Hey guys, do any of you know how to change the daytime in a route editor? I often get route editors that are very dark, making it difficult to place objects or edit scenery in general. I know there's a spot where you can toggle on some kind of torchlight when you zoom in on a building for example but I would like for the sky to be set at say noon rather than at nightfall. Can I change that somehow?

50. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you go in to Build and then the route the pop-up on the Right hand side gives you the option to change the time of day and the weather,
    But it is only in the Editor - the TOD and Weather are Scenario specific

Peter

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.