1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Train Simulator 2020: Central Coast And Newcastle Line

Discussion in 'Content Developer's Area' started by Sharpey, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Sharpey

Sharpey New Member

Route Description:
    The Central Coast & Newcastle Line is a NSW TrainLink passenger train service that runs along the Main North railway line in New South Wales Australia, connecting the state's two largest cities, Sydney and Newcastle.
    The service runs from Central through to Broadmeadow on the Main North railway line to Newcastle Interchange on the Newcastle railway line, and services the Hawkesbury River region, the Central Coast and the city of Newcastle.

Wiki page - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Coast_%26_Newcastle_Line

Project Background:
    I started my solo project in 2017 because there was no Australian content for TS, and concluded there most likely never will be. The main goal of my project is to create the most accurate route possible and to simulate a real drivers experience on the route.
    I chose this route to replicate as I'm very familiar with the route and it's geography but also because of the beautiful scenic views along the route. The route also allows a large option of services to operate such as local, express, freight, regional, and empty stock/yard movements.
    One of the main obstacles in creating my route is the lack of Australian assets so I'll be using the assets that are already available within TS while still keeping the route as accurate as possible.

Route Tools:
    Google track overlay, official track diagrams for signal, speed and gradient locations, you-tube cab videos, my own photos and videos, and my own rail experience.

The route will be released in stages, with Stage 1 covering the 47km's/29 miles from Hornsby to Gosford.
    Gosford Yard and Hornsby Maintenance Center will also be featured giving players more options to select from a range of stabling/preparing/empty stock moves/washing and general yard procedures.
    Portals are being constructed along the majority of the route to allow for various AI services to operate.

Rolling Stock/Assets:
    One of the main obstacles in creating my route is the lack of Australian assets so I'll be using the assets that are already available within TS while still keeping the route as accurate as possible. Rolling stock will be decided at a later date. If you have any experience in 3D modelling and would like to contribute to the route please contact me.

Real Cab Video:
    Real life footage of the route can be found here. V1 of my route is covered from 35:21 mins / ending at 1h:18 mins.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  2. Sharpey

Sharpey New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]