Train Simulator Classic Streams Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, May 16, 2022.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Hi Everyone

What would you like to see in Train Simulator Streams for RailFan TV?
    Put your suggestions bellow on stream suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
  2. paweuek

paweuek Active Member

I have an idea for a series of streams - to present a progress through the years, you could play each time a scenario on a route from specific year edition, if you know what I mean. For example starting with a Great Western Main Line from original Rail Simulator going through Railworks and then further up to present editions.

• Like Like x 2
  3. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

How about a scenario creation masterclass? I for one would fine this useful.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I think user created content is important. Unfortunately, unless DTG can get the people who hold the licenses to agree to show off user-created content using such a license, that limits to Workshop, so it might not be a bad idea to get such permissions. Aside from all that, showing off occasional content from Armstrong Powerhouse and Just Trains directly might not be a bad idea if the permissions to do it can be acquired. Armstrong Powerhouse installs without any trademarked names whatsoever, though it is possible to get them. The idea here is that you might be able to show off things like the AP Class 90, or the AP Class 142, or perhaps the Just Trains Western Mainlines route merged with South Devon and Cornish Main Line and thus promoting Steam items in that fashion. I realize this might be impossible at this time, however. Therefore, my main request is this: more of the streams.

Showing off new routes is obviously key, but showing less of the game leads people to think the game is not relevant. Keep showing the game and it stays relevant to customers, especially considering there are many players who actually switch from Train Sim World to Train Sim Classic. Let's validate their choice since everyone has their own reasons for choosing what they play. Show off different routes. Show off different locos. There's enough DLC that I regularly joke I will die before I get to play with everything I own (because I insist on doing regular videos), and yet I keep buying more. If I can get lost in a mountain of DLC, surely a couple streams a week showing off content would be possible.

Weekend streams are a good idea too, when people in every part of the world are likely to be home; a stream starting at 9 p.m. BST will reach North America at 4 p.m. in the Eastern time zone, 1 p.m. in the west, and in Newfoundland (part of eastern Canada) at 5:30 p.m. Hawaii is even awake by this time. I'd even play on stream myself if given the opportunity since I live across the pond and can be on later, and know my ability to narrate a livestream. TSW can also get some weekend time, but it should be fair as well; if you are showing a lot of TSW on weekday streams, give TSC the weekend. If promoting stuff on TSC during the week, TSW can have a weekend slot; this type of thing might have made room for a stream for the CSX SD45-2, which did not receive any kind of promotional stream at all. Not even a minute as far as I am aware. I don't remember what TSW has that week, but I think something like a livery designer session became more important than selling a new DLC.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  5. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Be interested to see some of the more obscure trains we don’t have in TSW, for example Chinese high speed. Big boy would be interesting too

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cyclone

Matt used to drive the Big Boy. Ran a few scenarios on his channel. The China route, however...nice idea. Same with Japan. And Canada. (I'm joking there since it's classified under North America, but is indeed a different country than the United States; Mexico exists too, but has no routes in-game.)

7. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

A stream based tutorial purely on what buttons you can use in the cab what they are for and what you need to press to implement them in the game. So many streams show the presenters cursor quickly clicking on things in the cab with no explanation at all, which is frustrating. It would be beneficial to me to be able to set up the locomotives with no need to use the hud for controls.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cyclone

I have noticed that too. I try to take the time, periodically, to explain what I'm doing (though not to the point that I will say I'm pushing W every time I set the reverser).

9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

It would be nice to see a demonstration of the more complex steam locos in expert mode, like the Bossman 8F or the Jinty.

10. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

Not too knock your idea, but, at a guess there must be over 200 locomotives in the game, steam, electric and diesel. British, European and North American, that's why there are generally manuals available for each one so you can see what levers and buttons do which function on each loco, they are mostly different and I doubt DTG would be able to video every one showing them all off.

Cheerz. Steve.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cyclone

Challenge accepted?

12. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

What challenge?

13. Cyclone

Driving as much as possible. LOL

14. trainbraint

trainbraint Well-Known Member

I would have to second this idea. I’ve currently been grappling a bit with the BMG S15, my first advanced kettle, one of their lesser known offerings, since the S15s and similar have long been some of my favourite locos. The manual provides a good description and labelling of the cab, but no real tutorial on how it works. I have more or less figured out how to get it moving, but I don’t think I’m getting the best out of it and I’m probably doing some things wrong, so a tutorial would be greatly appreciated.

15. yagna2308

yagna2308 Member

DTG could showcase the top rated or most popular scenarios on steam workshop every week. Such popular scenarios generally have a variety of Loco and route DLCs in one scenario keeping the streams interesting.

As mentioned above the startup procedure for these Locos / trains would be helpful.

A scenario like the one below for example combines the wonderful WCML Trent Valley with a variety of Loco and route DLCs.
    Steam Workshop::Railtours Class 90 ECS to Crewe for Maintenance (steamcommunity.com)

16. Cyclone

• Like Like x 1
  17. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Tuned in yesterday, claimed to be a TSC stream with Jamie, instead it was Cat Barber (?) repainting a TSW Class 47...

18. Bonky

Bonky New Member

A complete 'redraw' of the S&DJR as the original has so many mistakes.

19. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

It would be great if the manuals were on the internet, as you could access them on your phone or tablet and have it by the computer, rather than to pause the game and access it on your railworks folder. A few are available, but not many.

20. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Aren’t they all available on the Steam store or vendor website? I’ve often checked for a manual and been able to find the manual link on the DLC page.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
  21. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thank you inversnecky, I wasn’t aware they were available on the Steam store. That’s good.

22. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

On Steam if you scroll down to the links and info (on RHS on a desktop), you’ll see a link to the manual (which also gets installed in your Railworks manuals folder):

8BC76084-02B8-4A28-B5B3-97665F97D935.jpeg

1623DFAF-2B0E-4252-A066-262ADFDFE9FA.jpeg

23. Nin

Nin New Member

More USA Yard work duties that take a long while to assemble a consist and then off to real plants, warehousing, and production companies. In the areas of Midwestern and Western, United States and in modern day times. Even a passenger like TRAX as I'm in Utah.

***MY BAD I re-read and this is for streaming not gaming actual simulator. LOL

24. Berlin Leipzig... I haven't seen the extension......

25. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

A stream on the West Somerset would be really good.