Train Simulator Sale - Go With Current Dtg Sale Or Wait For Steam Sale (if Any)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buzzzlight, Oct 25, 2021.

1. buzzzlight

buzzzlight Member

I see DTG is running a sale now and seems some items are at decent price but I feel like I saw lower prices in the past for the same in the steam store

Do I wait or get it from DTG? What do you guys recommend? which ones goes cheaper typically?
    Appreciate the info

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Steam sale prices tend to be the same as the DTG ones.
    I think there is a Halloween Steam Sale coming up
    You can also check the DLC on this site and you can see if it was cheaper before which means it might be again
    https://isthereanydeal.com/
    If you don't get it now it there will be another sale around Christmas

3. buzzzlight

buzzzlight Member

749006 - thank you so much. Can I buy locos in DTG using steam wallet or that is whole separate payment and should use credit card etc? Thanks again

Nvm. I read the dove tail games store payment options and it does not have steam wallet. I will wait for the steam sale :(

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

By selling these items DTG gets all the money - if they used Steam Wallet then Steam would take a cut.

5. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Personally I prefer to buy through Steam. I’ve had 2 problems out of 3 purchases on the DTG store. The first one was a nightmare to resolve took 12 working days and 2 tickets, the 2nd was dealt with very quickly (Both were Keys failing to display after I’d paid).

I would buy through the DTG store again, but only if it was a price I couldn’t get on steam and I was prepared to wait a couple of days if it went wrong.