Train Simulator Won't Start

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by didiergamer65, Aug 4, 2020.

1. didiergamer65

didiergamer65 Member

Just a week ago, I was enjoying playing train sim 2020 without any crashing and had finished making a scenario which took me 4-5 days in the making. It was a scenario I was about to upload to ATS, But there was a problem with one of the consists which would cause it to derail, so I had to go back to fix it but ts 2020 64 bit and 32 bit fail to launch. After trying to open RailWorks 64 and RailWorks, nothing popped up, I just assumed it would take a bit longer than usual to load as it does that sometimes however, I waited like 15 minutes and it usually takes 2-3 minutes to launch, nothing showed up, completely nothing, no ts logo on the taskbar either. I then experienced my PC constanlty crashing with the blue screen of death evey single day and it would keep saying messages like "diagnosing your pc" and it would constanly scan my C: Drive witb the Stage 1: fixing C: thing and it would take hours but even after the C: Drive was apparently "fixed" the Blue Screen of Death occurred more often and it is extremely irritating. I tried everything, reinstalling train simulator, running it from steam (since I usually run it from it's file location), running both RailWorks64 and RailWorks as administrator but the game refused to launch whatsoever.I have DirectX9 and well all required apps for train sim including microsoft.net framework, I tried downloading microsoft xna framework but that made 0 difference and my PC doesn't want to launch train simulator anymore :(. I feel like this is a hardware problem even though I have 10GB Ram and 1GB Graphics card, that is fine, train simulator can run on that! I am considering just resetting my pc but it will be pointless as I think this will make 0 difference to the constant blue screen of death crashes and train sin refusing to launch. My PC has become extremely laggy, slow and unresponsive. It wasn't like this before at all! This happened so suddenly to my PC as LITERALLY a week before, it was working fine. I haven't done anything to cause the PC to suddenly act like a prick to me. I haven't spilled liquid, I haven't installed viruses, I haven't even touched the settings or the registry editor. I really need help urgently before I end up destroying or never using this pc again. Thank you
    DJ

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Have you though about fixing your PC?
    In "View Reliability History" you can see what caused the Blue Screen of Death
    And 1GB Graphics is nowhere near enough to run TS2020 in 64 bit mode

Peter

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Run a windows diagnostic / fix (google it)
    Make sure windows is up to date with updates (google it)
    Make sure antivirus and graphics drivers are up to date

Windows does a lot of things to itself that can cause it to act like a prick

4. didiergamer65

didiergamer65 Member

Well now it's no good, I am on the phone currently as my pc has completely refused to work, everytime I turn it on it is just stuck on a black screen even for hours . Before, one of you said to install latest windows update but it wouldn't let me I got an error message, and when I tried to launch Train simulator I got an error message saying "side by side configuration is incorrect" I tried to find fixes and one of them was to download visual studio 2015 but even that showed the side by side configuration error message. I was sick of this and tried to reset my pc but bad luck rose upon me as my pc refused to reset. Now I am just about to give up this all happened so suddenly idk why Microsoft hate me so much. My pc is just taking the piss at this point and it's like it has a mind of it's own like it doesn't want to work anymore. I am now waiting to get a new pc sometime because this is just frustrating rip my pc.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  5. didiergamer65

didiergamer65 Member

It's legit stuck on the automatic repair loop and I can't reset my pc I give up I hate this so much why did my pc become a prick ffss.

6. didiergamer65

didiergamer65 Member

Well I guess nobody will help well fine then, I'll let my pc just be a pos

7. didiergamer65

didiergamer65 Member

It's sad because I love train simulator and I was going to enjoy my scenario which took me multiple days to make but my pc turned into a pos and wouldn't let me. 4 days of scenario making gone to waste :( It was gonna be soo fun aswell there was so much ai traffic and you might be thinking I am just plain rude and begging but this is an extreme annoyance to me and my computer just died... Stuck on the repair loop and there's nothing I can do about it anymore because I've tried methods to fix it but to no avail.

8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Try taking it to a computer repair shop rather than coming to a train sim forum...
    I'm sure there are many repair suggestions on line (in fact I know there are cos I've used some) but this doesn't sound like a TSx issue

• Like Like x 2