Train Xp Is Not Being Rewarded Properly, And It Breaks Mastery.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Sgtpanda, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Sgtpanda

Sgtpanda New Member

So I just finished a service in the Class 45 in North Transpennine, and it tells me I'm level 4 now.
    [​IMG]
    I got to check the Mastery Page, and it says I've only gained 3 levels, that's strange, let's check the in-game stats...
    [​IMG]
    Oh, level 3, guess it just threw that away then?

2. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Mastery only counts progress dating from when you downloaded the feature. Im on level 7 for class 45 done all the tutorials, but have only gained 1 level (not counted as there is a problem with mastery mind you)

3. TRAXX-Driver

TRAXX-Driver Member

I assume he wants to point at the difference between the rating in the debriefing screen and what's displayed in the profile.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

I don't think these ever match. Never understood why.

5. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I think it means you have completed level 3 and you are part way through level 4. The actual level 4 will be rewarded once you fill that bar up. I've found this on PS4 where there has been a requirement to reach level 20 on a route for example

6. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

They should match. Would be better to have the lower level on the left and the higher level at the other end to be clearer and to show the progress.

7. Sgtpanda

Sgtpanda New Member

Yes, the point I'm trying to make is, I completed a service (image 1), the train level (pink bar) went up to level 4, but in mastery, and in the stats section in-game it says I'm only level 3 on that train (image 2). It didn't count the XP (even though it counted the Driver and Route XP)

Is this really the case, just for the pink train XP bars? Notice how the yellow and green bar in the first picture exactly matches the yellow and green bar in the second picture, the pink bar does not. I was level 3 before and I'm pretty sure gaining 5,900 AP would put me in level 4.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

You'd imagine that assigning a value to a variable and keeping track of that value over time so that you could display it later on, are the most basic elements of creating any kind of software. As the ongoing Mastery debacle has proven however, even though DTG are capable of beautiful 3D models and complex train simulation, sometimes it's the simple things that let the side down. It's unfortunate, as the actual quality of the product is probably higher than its perceived quality due to the 99:1 rule of silly niggles.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sgtpanda

Sgtpanda New Member

Update, I played another service tonight and the game seemed to "catch up" and grant me the XP from this time *and* last time. So I'm now correctly level 5. However, despite being level 5 in-game now, mastery shows me as level 4. I assume this is because it recorded going from 4->5 as "one level up" but the 3->4 I should have got from the last service was "lost".

10. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Mastery is just plain broken at the moment. Focus on playing the rest of the game and hopefully they'll get that sorted before too long. I did a RRO service this evening which is showing on my stats page, but then a HST route which is once again not showing and still hasn't given me my 120mph mastery.

11. Sgtpanda

Sgtpanda New Member

Yeah, mastery is broken, but I'm now convinced it's not actually that broken, it's the game itself that's broken. I just levelled up twice on my test account, from 3->4 and it didn't register on the in-game stats page, the XP bar was different. So I kept playing until the XP bar on the stats page was full too, and instead of going 3->4, it just reset and went back to a nearly empty level 3 bar.

Train levelling in-game is broken. I went to look at my non-testing account to see if there was a discrepancy there, and the results were unbelievable. Look at this, after completing a short service in the Class 101, it says I'm level 18 after finishing the service:
    [​IMG]
    But the stats page says I'm level 19 and shows an empty bar, what the hell is going on?
    [​IMG]

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

Has DTG at least said something about this ? Would nice to have some infos. (Maybe i have just missed them)?

13. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Thanks for flagging this guys, this aligns with my own experience too and have escalated it for further investigation.

Will come back to you once we have some news.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 7
  14. phildenty

phildenty Member

Thanks, TrainSim Steve....was having the same problems with all the routes except Great Western

15. Ross NCC1701

Ross NCC1701 Member

Well, I would not worry too much about the tracking - Mastery simply does not work properly anyway! The rewards are quite simply NOT given (except the 2 GWE ones which were already being shown when Mastery was released).

I have had issues with tracking, but with everything linked correctly, and by refreshing the website page, almost all my progress was updated and tracked OK.

But NONE of the rewards are given, or shown anywhere at all - except, as I said, the 2 GWE ones. I have now completed 5 or 6 Tiers and none of the rewards have been given. I suspect the Xbox One game does not even have those rewards programmed into it!

I have reported this to DTG via the support ticketing system many times. I have even given them some suggestions as to what may be going wrong (since I develop software myself). But DTG no longer even replies to my tickets. They will not even tell me if they are aware of the issue. Mastery has been broken from day 1 and nothing has changed since - certainly makes you wonder whether DTG have ever tested the game on an Xbox One at all.

I have now come to the conclusion that Mastery may never be fixed - and that perhaps DTG are not that interested in console players. In any case, for now at least, there is absolutely no point in doing the Mastery. It's a shame, because it was a nice idea to get us all going back to some of the lines and locos that we have not played in a while.

16. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I think all minds are focused on the upcoming releases before Christmas tbh. If I was DTG, I would put out a statement on the forums to clarify its position, release all current mastery dioramas and tiles to appease the customer base until the fix is tested and released. All this log in, log out stand on your head business is really starting to put people off.

• Like Like x 4