Training Centre Mountain Textures

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by deanmacgregor, Aug 24, 2022.

1. deanmacgregor

deanmacgregor Active Member

Last night on the stream showcasing the training centre, I pointed out a few times in the chat that the mountains had low res textures. Who else thought this, if you didn't notice, watch back, skip through and you'll see what I mean. Their excuse when they did finally address it, was that the mountains are in the background. The excuse is not reasonable and a certain base level of quality is expected.

2. Dath Vater 208

Dath Vater 208 Active Member

For me personally that excuse is reasonable, there is no point of giving high resolution for far objects. That would be unrealistic. When you see far away objects irl (like mountains) thay also seem a bit blurry and like behind fog

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Look perfectly fine to me. I can see the Swiss Alps from my office window and even on a beautiful day like today they look pretty fuzzy in the distance. It’s rare that they look pin sharp. I‘ve never considered Switzerland to have Low Rez textures.

• Like Like x 2
  4. waggie#5150

waggie#5150 New Member

Looks absolutely fine. When you factor how they develop these routes, they're not going to put all their time and resources into making mountains that are only visible from a distance absolutely razor sharp.

5. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Well-Known Member

I thought they were pretty good too....in fact positively Mona Lisa-esque when you compare them against you-know-who's Swiss mountains at you-know-where :cool:

6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I had zero problems with the mountains.

7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m going to have to make a molehill out of these mountains. They are acceptable for distant scenery in TSW. Would we all like better distant scenery all across TSW? Yes, but do we need to be realistic as well? Yes.

8. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Nope they looked ok. I think if you zoom in on certain camera aspects which I believe Sam did once or twice they were ok. I dont think its a problem to be honest. Will it ruin my immersion. No.

Hentis

9. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

They seemed relatively realistic to reality of far away things.

that plus it’s not new thing for TSW to have lower res on far away placements. Not something that’s stood as it’s strong point before, and to this day what was saw in stream is probably the height of any advancement on that front thus far in TSW,

Want a comparison check out Arosa VS Luzern for mountains in distance