Training On Train Types

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darthshearer, Nov 11, 2019.

1. darthshearer

darthshearer New Member

Hi All

I have just got TS2020 and done the academy.

I have then gone onto Career and gone to do a trip on the Class 444. I set off and then there is an annoying beeping and I havent the foggiest what it is. I didnt drive the Class in the academy so dont have a clue.

Anyone help?

2. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

You have to acknowledge the AWS alarm by pressing Q.
    Manuals for all content that you have are located in the Manuals folder in the game's directory.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you approach a signal which is Not Green the AWS Alarm will sound and as Tomas says you cancel with the Q
    You know when it will happen as you pass over a Yellow Magnet in the track.
    And before departing use Ctrl+D to Disable the Alerter which sounds every 30-60 seconds or so
    Page 7 of the Manual
    Search for DTG - Portsmouth Direct Line - London Waterloo to Portsmouth EN.pdf if you don't know where the game stores the Manuals
    They should be in \steamapps\common\railworks\Manuals\EN

Peter

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. darthshearer

darthshearer New Member

Brilliant, thanks for the help. I shall have another go this evening

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Unfortunately simulators aren't like other games in that there are often loads of functions that you may not expect
    Add to that each loco and route being individual, and therefore having slightly different controls and ways of working or even representation of function, such as some locos not even thinking about braking until the HUD says 33% brake force applied or needing to press the E key to acknowledge vigilance alarms as well as Q for the AWS etc

So yeah, read the manual as suggested above. Before you do a "proper drive" check things like set up procedure, how to turn the lights on and off, set GSM-R, how to set off, apply the brakes etc. Even setting the destination indicator!

If you really want to do it properly learn things like braking distances at various speeds etc etc

Once you get these things down (and no doubt messed it up a few times) you will find things much more enjoyable and slightly less frustrating (whilst still messing up occasionally no doubt)

• Like Like x 1