Trains Don't Have The Same Livery

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jamesibbs, Feb 26, 2022.

Tags:
  1. jamesibbs

jamesibbs Member

I may be on the London commuter route enjoying the new liveries i downloaded, then almost if not all trains with 2 or more train connected (so you have like 3 377 trains connected the first will be a livery the other 2 will be the default sourthen) this losses a large amount of emmersion for me and it just annoys me for some reason

2. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

This ticks me off too.

3. 5cip

5cip Active Member

i repainted the m3 and m7 on lirr but in game its still the default painting ?

4. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

I must admit i quite like it, but for the BML i have only Downloaded the NHS livery, where it is realistic to see one part of the train in the livery and the rest are generic southern ones.
    But also had it spawn two times in a three train formation.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ShaneS89

ShaneS89 Active Member

I’ve only downloaded the nhs for bml and while it looks great, seeing it on half a dozen other trains kind of kills the immersion for me. I think we need some way to control how many of each livery can spawn and the ability to turn off reskins altogether (or select which ones you want to use). There’s some cracking liveries out there but I’m not downloading any because they’ll kill the immersion if they randomly spawn on the wrong route.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Hopefully in Livery Editor 2.0 we get more control on selecting routes reskins appear on, switching appearance to on/off (handy for WIP projects) and how many times they appear.

I've made a couple of reskins myself and it does kill the immersion somewhat when you see the same named loco appear twice, or more.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It must be possible to some degree as only the correct train in SEHS has the Rainbow livery. Maybe the custom livery could be associated with a train number so only that numbered train wears the livery (or multiple numbers if you want it on more than one), then if that number is spawned in game, you see it. If the player chooses to use the livery themselves, they’ll operate the associated number and it won’t appear on anything else. I don’t know how DTG got it to work in SEHS, but maybe they can do it on a wider scale.

8. jamesibbs

jamesibbs Member

i do agree that with parts like the NHS livery it dose make sense to have it only one, I wonder if it would be possible to have a tick box of, keep livery the same for whole train (so the whole train is the same livery) or seperate liveries for conencted trains, here is an example of the problem:
    upload_2022-2-27_16-2-23.png

9. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

Although it's true that there is only one Trainbow, you also can't select it in timetable mode. It's just random, and many times I don't see it at all. On the other hand, you can select to use the special livery ACS-64 on NEC-BP, but it can (and does) appear multiple times . So far, these are the only two ways of going about it, so DTG would probably have to change some code to get it to work differently.

10. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

OMSI 2 has a way more advanced system for handling liveries. They can be tied to specific vehivles, i.e. according to the bus depot number. It's not hard to believe that TSW2 is a step backwards in this aspect as well.