Trains Not Configured At Mission Start.

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by neville_bowen, Jun 27, 2020.

1. neville_bowen

neville_bowen New Member

Good day. I am new to this game and I know nothing about trains. Here's my issue. I am playing the FULLY FUELED mission in the heavy haul section. I attach the two locomotives to the rear of the train and take the long run to the front. I get into the cab and set the brakes, reverser, lights, horn and throttle up. The train does not respond at all. I watch a YouTube video of the mission and do exactly what the guy does but my train does not move. To get it to move I have to fiddle with some of the switches in the cab. ENGINE RUN, FIELD GENERATOR, CONTROL AND FUEL PUMP were all in the off position. CUT OFF VALVE was in the cut out position etc. When I watched the video, the player did not have to touch any of those switches, they seemed to already be in the correct positions and his train operated as normal. Even after setting those switches and finally getting the train to move it doesn't go above 20 mph even at full throttle on level ground. That leads me to believe that there are incorrect settings in the other locomotives as well. But why are my trains not already configured when it seems to be so for other players? I watched several videos of the same mission and every YouTube player just jumps in and takes off. Is there a setting or something I missed? Please help.

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Not every train and route is the same
    If you tell us which route and which type of loco somebody might be able to help

3. neville_bowen

neville_bowen New Member

I am playing the FULLY FUELED mission under the CSX Heavy Haul section of the game. The trains used are GP38-2 and SD40-2. It must be a game wide setting or at least with the CSX missions because it happens with every mission I play in that set. I watch other players on YouTube and the switches I mentioned are already in the correct positions but not for me. The problems comes when I have to deal with multiple locos. The train doesn't move because I suspect the trailing locos are also set incorrectly at the start of the mission. Is there a realism setting or something I can change so that the configurations become correct?

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

5. neville_bowen

neville_bowen New Member

Okay, I am playing train sim world. thank you very much.