Tramlink

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lucasfor49, Dec 5, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  3. Maybe

25.0%
  1. lucasfor49

lucasfor49 Well-Known Member

Hello fellow train goons, today I would like to discuss the possibility of a Tramlink in TSW2. I think tramlink could work for many reasons as it is mostly countryside until Croydon, it could allow more routes (Sutton loop, SWR, District line.) Now I can hear you saying "but Trams require overhead wires" and to that I say they are in half the routes in TSW2 (LBN, Dresden just to name a few.) Now I am curious in what you may think of this so please leave comments.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I mean, Croydon Tramlink could be interesting, however if I had to pick one UK Tram Network it would be Manchester Metrolink, because of it's extensive nature and it's railway heritage. Or Edinburgh trams because A) Bias and B) It's Short and Sweet, through a historic city centre.

Also,
    why would anybody be thinking that, OHLE is as Common as 3rd rail, and globally it's more common. LBN doesn't have OHLE, but Cathcart (UK), Every German Route to date, Arosa Linie (CH), LGV (FR) and Boston Sprinter (US) all use OHLE. So I don't see anyone thinking that.

• Like Like x 5
  3. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I think having a tram route in tsw would be interesting. I do like playing tramsim munich

• Like Like x 1
  4. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

I would love a tram route in TSW2, But will DTG make it as good as TramSim?

5. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

Good idea, I prefer more light rail than trams, eg Sydney L1 or the light rail in Seattle.

6. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

I would like to see some tram routes, Blackpool Tramway would be a good sized starter route. However it may require more development time to implement a way of sharing roads with AI traffic, simulating traffic lights and tram signal types, pedestrians crossing etc.

So probably not as easy to develop as a regular heavy rail route but would be fun and would offer something a bit different nonetheless. I would assume developing the systems to simulate trams would be similar to the difficulty of implementing steam like they're working on now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. e33ey80

e33ey80 Member

Londedon liverpool Street PS4

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
  8. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

What?

Did you have a keyboard failure whilst typing "London Liverpool Street" or something?

At that, what does Ldn. Liverpool Street have to do with Croydon Tramlink, and more specifically, why do you think they (DTG) would make a DLC for PS4 only?

9. e33ey80

e33ey80 Member

I'm on PS4 but xbox and ps5 and pc

10. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Great idea :)
    Another nice lines would be Düsseldorf/Rheinbahn U79 Düsseldorf-Duisburg (if we still do not get the main line railroad ;-) ) or U74/76/77 Düsseldorf Holthausen - Krefeld with Seestern branch
    They have streetlevel areas, subway parts and landscape parts