Travelling Pass In Scenarios

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by guardupfront, May 2, 2021.

1. guardupfront

guardupfront Active Member

Quite often in a driver’s diagram (in my neck of the woods for sure) they’ll be told to PASS (travel as a passenger) to another station in order to collect a unit or relieve another driver.

This was showcased in one of the GWE scenarios many moons ago but hasn’t been seen since.
    Travelling as a passenger also allows you to see things you wouldn’t otherwise see and appreciate more of the route! It also adds a sliver of realism into how our driver roles and duties really work. It also is one of the features TSW should be proud of - to be able to walk around and travel independently.
    I hope there’s a facility to bring back travelling as a passenger as part of the scenario creation.

Implementation (using existing routes as an example) could be as simple as the following:

Example 1:
    Begin at Gillingham
    Travel as passenger to Rainham
    Drive service from Rainham to Gravesend

Example 2:
    Begin at Lewes
    Travel as passenger to Newhaven
    Walk and Take train out of sidings ECS to Newhaven then drive in service to Brighton.

Personally would appreciate this increased realism/variety in the game. I know it’s possible in service mode but takes a good deal of coordination!

Hope the opinion is shared somewhat!
    •guardupfront

2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

To do this sort of thing, this website is enormously helpful. Full interactive timetables for every route, with every arrival and departure time at every station and platform.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. guardupfront

guardupfront Active Member

incredibly helpful, I’ve used it to try and compose diagrams before! The unfortunate problem there comes with the timer for ‘giving up’ services. It usually throws a spanner in the dispatch mechanics.

I would hope created scenarios would have this taken into account which would make them a little more straightforward.