Trinity Railway Express: Dallas-ft. Worth W/ Amtrak And Freight Services

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MetrolinkF125#916, Mar 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

If DTG wants to make a new American commuter route for TSW, I would greatly suggest them to make the TRE line as well as include Amtrak services as well as freight (other than BNSF since they can’t get the license). The route is only 34 miles long, so no complaining, DTG, about the length. The TRE currently runs on the BNSF line from Dallas to Fort Worth. The end points are Dallas Union Station in the East, and Fort Worth T&P station in the west. TRE was created on December 30th, 1996, and is operated by the Dallas Area Rapid Transit and Trinity Metro. It operates on 10 total stations along the line, and TRE owns a fleet of 9 locomotives and 25 coaches, all Bombardier Bi-levels and cab cars (also seen in the Caltrain fleet). Of those 9 locos, 7 are EMD F59PH locomotives acquired from GO Transit and 2 are EMD F59PHIs purchased from EMD. The trains operate in consists usually pairing one locomotive with 3-4 coaches. As for the Amtrak trains, a GE P42DC including super liners would be included, and are used for Amtrak’s Texas Eagle trains, running from Dallas Union Station, to Fort Worth T&P. The services would be similar to those of GWE with Amtrak running express 2 stop services, TRE for commuter, and separate freight operations running in multiple yards and sidings alone the line. Current motive power for freight operations would include (not including BNSF due to licensing issues) would include genset diesel locomotives. If this gets added for TSW as the next American add on (or somewhere in the future) I would be very glad to have it in my collection and thus would enjoy TSW a lot more than today:)

• Like Like x 3