Fishing Sim World Trophy Fish I'm Confused

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by Dave Mel, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

What does trophy fish mean cos you dont get a trophy for it. Also whats the difference between a trophy fish and a trophy fish with a boss fish catch.

One other thing when i catch some fish i get no XP point for them i wonder why

2. harold

harold Active Member

the bass that are classed as a trophy as they are not named its just a big fish the other are trophy fish but have names so called boss fish the xp is yet another bug in the game that may get fixed if you catch certain number of trophy fish you get trophy on your trophy list i think its catch 200 trophy bass you get silver or gold so thats why the use word trophy thats my uptake on it

3. Daft Badger

Daft Badger Active Member

The name has nothing to do with getting a Trophy for them.They're not called "achievement" fish on xbox or steam lol.
    Trophy is just a general name for a big specimen of any animal that's been hunted.
    Every place has big specimen fish & those fish all have nicknames,they are known as Trophy fish.
    The U.S. lakes trophy fish don't have nicknames.
    They're the same as Boss fish,just a different name in Sim World.
    For the U.S. lakes any fish above a certain weight is classed as a Trophy fish,the weight depends on the species,so a Crappie over 2Ib is a Trophy fish,a Smallmouth over 6Ib is a Trophy fish etc.etc.
    You can see what trophy fish you have caught on the main menu

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  4. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

Yesterday i caught a boss fish in Waldsea it was torpedo but it didnt go into my list as a trophy fish or even a boss fish grrrr