Trouble With Coupling On My Career Scenario.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matty_TwinSpark, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Matty_TwinSpark

Matty_TwinSpark New Member

Hiya guys, started a new Career scenario the other day as stated in my other thread, it involves taking a Class 20 from Carnforth up north to Low Gill, crossing onto the Up Main, coupling up to a Class 47 with 8 sleepers and then taking it back south to Preston. Here's the problem: on each test run I've done, I get to the stopping point, and then reverse onto the up main to couple up to the rear of the Class 47 consist. I can couple up to the consist but the game doesn't recognise it. It just tells me in the current task 'Low Gill - Couple to xxxx', even though I am coupled up and on the 'Low Gill Up Main' destination point. I tried changing the command to couple to rear and front of train and both times the same problem occurred!? Cannot work out what is going wrong and what is stopping the task being completed!? Any ideas?

2. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

Try messaging the scenario creator (if not yourself) and see what they say. The Class 20 is made by JustTrains, so DTG wouldn't know whether the 20 is causing the issue or the game itself.

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Never built a scenario but only thing I can think of is making sure the consist order is correct, so if you say couple to 47xxx and the carriage numbers make sure they're in the correct order for which end of the 20xxx you're coupling to?

4. Matty_TwinSpark

Yeah it's me that's the creator, that's why I tried adjusting the task and order of the consist... Still no luck! The Class 20 I've got is the DTG games one, the former IHH one. I feel like it may be more of a problem with the actual 'task/action'

5. Matty_TwinSpark

I've tried both ways round and front and back coupling and none of them seem to 'tick' the task of the list... Weird. I'll keep giving it some more trialing next time I get one... Knowing my luck it will end up being a simple problem!

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

That's not what I meant...
    For instance in the "Duff Coal" scenario
    the second command is "Drop off 350634, 350534, 350224, 350844..." so I don't know if the order of the items being coupled or decoupled matters, and therefore needs checking in your instructions. In other words while "350634, 350534, 350224, 350844" works "350634, 350534, 350844, 350224" might not

• Like Like x 1