Trying To Setup 64 Bit Version

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by peter.dallow, Dec 30, 2018.

1. peter.dallow

peter.dallow New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I am a new user. I want to setup the 64 bit version of TS2019, I thought that I had. On the initial setup, I think that I was presented with the option of installing either 32 or 64 bit versions, and again, thought that I had setup the 64 bit. however the logo on the desktop says 32 bit version. Assuming that I had made a mistake, I went to my steam account, and right clicked the game in library, and uninstalled it. When I came to re-install, there did not appear to be the option of installing the 64 bit version.

Any help appreciated.
    Pete

2. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

TS2019 supports both 32 bit and 64 bits in the same package. When you start up TS2019 from Steam, you should get a dialogue box asking you to select 32 bit or 64 bit and then press the Play button on the dialogue menu. Have you seen this after starting TS19 from Steam? It's not part of the install process but part of the startup process for the game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Hi Pete, I suggest you go to the Steam Train Simulator forum, there are FAQs regarding these issues.
    Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

If you click on your games from the Steam account it will show the option of the 64 bit version. If you want a desktop icon then go to the game folder on your disk and look for the railworks64.exe. Then make a shortcut to that.

TS2019 comes with both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions. Make sure that you read the DTG notes on setting up for the 64 bit version including making sure that your PC makes use of your discrete GPU and doesn’t default to CPU one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. peter.dallow

peter.dallow New Member

Thank-you all for your quick replies. Problem solved.
    Pete