(ts 2020 And Onwards) Edinburgh - Aberdeen Route Add-on

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by CresterYT, Feb 8, 2020.

?
  1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    91.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. Dont care about scottish routes lmao

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. CresterYT

CresterYT New Member

With the recent release of the Fife Circle route which has massively overhauled the Edinburgh section of the route quite well (compared to Dovetails recent content... ie the terrible 150/1 quality of the 142 Regional)
    This Route Proves if Dovetail put in effort they can make something actually good.
    Therefore I think DTG should make the section of line from Edinburgh to Aberdeen.
    Why This Route?
    The Route itself is 93 Miles Long and would take about 2hrs long to complete and can provide a variety of services including local commuter services with Class 158 Sprinters and Class 170 Turbostars, There are also express services ran only by Class 43 HSTs and freight operations being ran by Class 66s
    Personally my first ever HST Journey was with the old TOC East Coast (Government Owned) for my 7th 8th or 9th birthday around the time period of 2011- 2013.
    I believe the distance from Edinburgh to Aberdeen is a fair length with scenarios taking up to 2 hours and 16 minutes to complete with key points of interests being The Forth Bridge, Tay Bridge, Dundee (Town) and Kerr's Miniature Railway which runs lineside next to Arbroath which could also provide Miniature Railways as a new gimic into the Railworks engine.
    I believe the route should be set in the East Coast TOC Era to avoid licensing issues with Virgin and LNER as Scotrail is already licensed.

• Like Like x 2
  2. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

Great Idea for this route

3. Greaseball the Diesel

Greaseball the Diesel New Member

Great idea but dovetail has some licensing with LNER with the remastered class 43 so unsure if it would be better with LNER or East coast as you said before but one thing they would need to edit is starting from platforms 19, 1, 2, 20 as in quick drive or in scenarios I always start from platforms 14, 15, 16 17 or 18 which don't fit the full length HSTs.

The class 43 in case you are wondering.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/...ss_43_High_Speed_Train_Remastered_Loco_AddOn/

4. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I was considering getting the Fife Circle until I watched a review which commented on the wooden sleepered jointed track in the Edinburgh area, which surely isn't still in place on a modern mainline! I don't think the 150/1 was a bad model, I do have the AP pack for it, but even so the original seemed okay to me.