Ts Classic Screenshot Malfunction

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by decrepitts#7027, Apr 22, 2022.

1. decrepitts#7027

decrepitts#7027 Well-Known Member

Greetings,
    Since 'updating' itself to "Classic", TS screenshots no longer work for me as they previously did. I'm an F4-HUD driver, and always capture images by pressing the HUD's built-in screenshot button. When I press it now, I get a brief low-level screen flash, but not the crisp "Shutter-Click" sound I'm accustomed to. Visiting the TS screenshot bar in Steam PC App shows none of the images I take (or assume I took). Nor can I find said images in my C-drive Users\<MyName>\Pictures directory. Pressing Ctrl-S produces like results. Pressing F12 "does" work, but doesn't automatically remove the HUD so is useless to me.

Does anyone else have this issue, and/or advice on tracking down its cause / fix?

2. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Works fine for me clicking the camera icon. Sound's also playing.

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Screenshots are saved to where you specify in the Steam Client - not in the game

4. decrepitts#7027

decrepitts#7027 Well-Known Member

Huzzah!

Cleared my TS game cache. It didn't help. Later, I updated my GTX1070's Nvidia driver. Launching TS after doing so, it's 64bit execution file was flagged as being infected with a virus. Assuming a fault identification, I told my antivirus program to create an exception for the .exe, then ran scans on it (with both my antivirus and Malwarebytes) to be safe. As expected, no virus found. I then attempted to fix an issue I've had for ages with my PC sound control software losing its settings at each shutdown. (I won't know if it's fixed until tomorrow.) Launched TS after supper. Lo and behold, screen captures again function normally. Whether due to something I did or some other cause, I know not. It works. That's what matters.

5. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Glad you got that solved.