Ts World Founders Edition Question.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by go2taxis, May 4, 2020.

1. go2taxis

go2taxis New Member

Hi folks.
    Bought TS world when it released onto xbox way back when. Just wondered if my version of the game will ever have more than one line (great western), 3 trains included. Or do I have to buy the ones that are now included with game purchase?
    Thanks

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Works on the DLC system. You would have to buy other routes and locos which you would then be able to play on your system

3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

You will find more routes and locos available on the Xbox store

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If you want extra content you could purchase the current TSW2020 version of the game, perhaps the deluxe edition, and that could save you money over buying all the DLC that comes with it separately for your current version. Unless the routes you want aren't the ones included in TSW2020 bundles. If you buy in sales, which happen fairly regularly, you could get lots of content fairly cheaply.

5. go2taxis

go2taxis New Member

Ok thanks everyone for the insight.

6. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

TSW Founder Edition was very interesting if you look on the microsoft store for Xbox you will notice their is 4 TSW 2020's. I don't think DTG ever removed TSW Founders Edition from the store. Which is why there are 4 TSW 2020's on the store, However this can get very confusing.
    1 TSW 2020/Founders Edition (now renamed under current name)- This was the original former TSW for Xbox
    2 TSW 2020- base game
    3 TSW 2020- digital deluxe edition
    4 TSW 2020- collectors edition
    These 4 titles can get very confusing at time. Please when buying this game pay attention to the titles.

7. ARuscoe

More correctly there are four bundles, each coming with different DLC

8. Louis-MTA NYCTA

There are 3 games not 4. 2 are the special editions with bundles to save money & the base game. Founders edition is in the store but not available to purchase anymore. Also don't say "more correctly". Please don't be picky with my language if I say something very small that's wrong. If I did say something wrong I am sorry but please don't correct me like that, It is very tedious and a peeve to me. Sort of like being "Grammar Cops" I hate when people do that.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  9. ARuscoe

Sorry if the language of my response offended. We get quite a few people saying they've bought "the base game" and that things need fixing in "the base game" when really they've bought a bundle because you can't buy the core engine on it's own, it's always come bundled in some form or another
    One of the big things at the moment is people trying to get hold of the North Wales route in TSx which was bundled with TS2018 but has now been taken down, BUT if you can get hold of a TS2018 bundle license key you CAN get the DLC even though technically they can't sell it any more.
    So it's relevant, even if I could probably have put it better at 7AM

• Like Like x 1
  10. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

If you got only the Founder Edition of the day one (March 2017), you can buy Rapid Transit and New York NEC at a very special price like a sort of bundle upgrade (something like 40euro for GWE Founder Edition + about 20euro for RT and NEC = about 60euro for GWE+RT+NEC). This happen to me at May 2017 (date launch of these firsts 2 dlcs). I dont know if actually this "bundle" offer its still available.

11. Louis-MTA NYCTA

It's probably not available anymore. Founders Edition was the name of the first edition to hit consoles specifically Xbox. Since august of 2018 when the then-new TSW came out Founders Edition was renamed to TSW then it was made unavailable to purchase. I believe it is still there on the store. If you owned Founder Edition pre-TSW then it still says Founders Edition on your game title. I have seen this on Mixer and Twitch. Vice versa goes for TSW.
    Note this all occurred before the major core update or prior to TSW 2020.
    If I am wrong please correct me, I will admit i'm not the best at explaining these things.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  12. Louis-MTA NYCTA

This is probably the last I will post on this thread. After all this thread was just for a question not necessarily a discussion, Even though it's in the general discussion thread. I think it's best if we let this thread die off now. As all questions were answered.