Ts2 Question

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sophieclarke1983, Jun 16, 2020.

1. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

On the subject of the bakerloo line rolling stock for tsw2 will this feature working destination blinds/displays and the on tube next stop announcements/radio messages?

2. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

From what I've understood from the Q&A livestream, stop announcements/radio messages will not be a feature.
    As for working destination displays, I'm unsure. I don't see why not, because it seems to be a feature DTG's is putting into their newer releases (i.e. East Coastway).

3. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I probably should not do this to myself.... but I have high hopes for the Bakerloo Line. It is a short route, so I am expecting the DLC to go full beans on immersion - and sounds and lighting will both be utterly critical.

For example, you'll want to be able to hear the trains on the other line when at underground stations - not just station announcements... And we will need more than "Mind The Gap". Sounds echo around underground stations.... we can't have a silent experience. I think the Bakerloo Line also has fairly loud air con fans (I might be wrong though....) - in fact, one of the best things about DTG choosing the Bakerloo Line is that this is the line that you want to use in a simulation instead of real life, because it is so bakingly hot down there.

I am also expecting the tunnels to be gently lit by working light sources on the front of the train.... and preferably, some sparking off the juice ramps. TSR boxes should be properly lit. We should see detail in the tunnels, including the track, underground sidings, cross-tunnels, culverts, walkway boards, all of the pipework and wiring lining the tunnels, and the grab wires (two parallel bare wires at head height).

When this DLC launches it will get a massive amount of UK media coverage, led by the Metro and Evening Standard newspapers, and quickly followed by the Daily Mail, Sun, Mirror, and Telegraph....

This is a very serious opportunity for DTG - I dearly hope that they get it right.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  4. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party...............I was banned. Anyway for some clarity, the display boards will work (as seen in screenshots) there are no announcements or radio messages however (in an update possibly).