Ts2018 Transparent Wall Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by TriStateRail, Jul 1, 2018.

1. TriStateRail

TriStateRail Member

Hello everyone. A few days ago I fired up TS2018 and decided to do a run on the New York-New Haven route starting at Grand Central Terminal, and as I approach the Park Avenue tunnel, the walls are transparent. I have no idea what's wrong and this happens for every workshop scenario. Does anybody have a clue on how to get this issue resolved? I attached are two pics (sorry for the bad quality), any response would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

What graphics settings are you on?
    I have an issue on the Medway Valley line where the New Hythe platforms are non existant and it happens on other scenarios too, but I have quite low graphics capabilities

3. TriStateRail

TriStateRail Member

Hey ARuscoe, I attached 3 pictures of my graphic settings in Train Sim. And have you had this issue ever since you started driving on that route? In my case, everything was fine before and now I mysteriously have this problem. Also here is info about my PC, it's not the best:
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz
    RAM: 6.00 GB
    System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64 based processor

Attached Files:

4. ARuscoe

I'm not too big on the settings as yet, but the one I did notice messed things up more than most was the dynamic lighting setting... Try putting this back ON and see how it goes. I'm sure someone better than I with these settings will be able to help

5. TriStateRail

TriStateRail Member

Actually, that did the job! It's a little more laggy but I don't mind. Thanks a bunch!

6. ARuscoe

I run TSx on a surface laptop and it's quite laggy but that's what I get for not having decent kit,...
    hope it continues to work for you

7. TriStateRail

TriStateRail Member

Gotcha, same with me. My PC is on the weak end but it is what it is. I don't know if I should get a graphics card or not. And thanks!

8. ARuscoe

I would never rely on an onboard GPU and shared memory. First thing to upgrade any PC would be the GPU if it doesn't have one.
    Of course, I'm using (in effect) a tablet so I don't have those options

9. TriStateRail

TriStateRail Member

I see, I will definitely look more into that. I also updated my Intel graphics card, hopefully that does some good too.