Ts2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Schnauzahpowahz, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

I jumped in to tsw and like it, though not much variety.

Ts2018 looks to have a ton of variety.
    What's a good starting point as far as purchase? What do I go for, base game and a pack or they all individually sold and you just choose your poison?

Thanks

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Be patient with TSW once the editor tools are released we should to see more content being added.

3. Schnauzahpowahz

I looks really good, I'm thoroughly impressed with it.
    I'm envious of the ts18 steam loco and other oddball lines though. Scrolling through the DLC page is quite overwhelming

4. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Indeed. The immense choice available in TS is its greatest asset.

You can't get the "base game"- what would be the point without any routes? Most editions of TS will include three routes. With the yearly editions (TS2018 etc.) that is one GB, one German and one US- TS2017 IIRC added a French TGV line. Other editions pop up such as country specific bundles.

A few routes can be bought including TS (London-Faversham is one- again IIRC) but only a few. Either that has changed or I did not RC. London-Faversham may once have been sold as, effectively, a single route edition of TS but no longer.

Getting into TS needn't break the bank. Other websites sell Steam keys for older editions of TS quite cheaply. As to which bundle you should go for- you haven't mentioned any particular area of interest.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  5. Schnauzahpowahz

So I've done a little research and found the most current base comes with 4 routes iirc.
    I like the donner pass, would it be an option to get this as well with updated graphics etc and run on the current platform ?

6. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I am afraid you get what you get on Donner pass - graphics are as it was released. Still a fun route though as it is.

7. JJTimothy

Are you including the Academy route where the tutorials run?

Further to this someone has mentioned in another thread that gamesplanet has a sale on at the moment. Several routes are discounted and TS2018 is 50% off but TS2017 is 75% off! I might go for that!

8. Schnauzahpowahz

Didnt know about the tutorial thing, figd itd be "built in". Seperate download I assume?

9. JJTimothy

No it is included with every edition of TS.

TS2018 comes with four "items" but only three of them are routes- the fourth is an EMU to run on the German/Austrian line.

You mentioned Donner Pass up thread- it's included in the US Classics edition of TS. Twenty quid though... you might rather grab TS2017 from gamesplanet while you can and enjoy that as you wait for the next sale on Steam. It's your money of course but Thou shalt not buy anything for more than 50% of the regular price is a rule that has guided me well.