Ts2019 On Dual Monitors?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ethan TX, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Ethan TX

Ethan TX New Member

Hi;
    I've got dual monitors, but not the same resolution. My video card is NVidia GTX 750 Ti (2Gig).
    I have the monitors set up as side by side, but I have tried the surround setting with TS2019. TS2019 hung up before loading the main menu screen, and it was displayed only on the '#2' monitor, with nothing on the #1 monitor. So I just switched it back to the way it was before.

I would love to be able to move the HUD display in TS2019 over to the other monitor, as I like to have it, but it gets in the way of the cab display.
    I don't suppose there is a way to 'un-dock' the HUD and move it to the other display...

ET

2. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Well-Known Member

I’d love to do that too. Unfortunately there is no way to do it.

3. Ethan TX

Ethan TX New Member

Oh well. At least I can keep some other data, like instructions/references while learning the ins and outs of the route.

4. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

I run TS2019 on 3 monitors almost every time I run it, 2 are 4k, one is 1080p native, however when I enable surround I have to make them all 1080p. As far as I know it is not possible to undock the HUD. In the past I've been able to run it on 2 monitors but the HUD is split between the two monitors and isn't the easiest to see. With 3 monitors the HUD stays in the middle like it normally would but your view is spread across 3 monitors.

I've also done this in TSW and while the frame rate isn't the best it is still playable, but I just don't run TSW much at all. However in TSW the HUD goes over to the right monitor which I actually like because it is out of the way.

Maybe your video card doesn't support this? Are your video drivers updated?

5. Ethan TX

Ethan TX New Member

I haven't updated my video drivers in a while, but from my experience, the updates are mainly to fix issues or make improvements to the newer hardware. That said, I will update to the latest drivers.
    3 monitors would be great! Maybe in my next build.
    I would run without the HUD, but sometimes it is more convenient to use its controls rather than the keyboard. What I would really like is a RailDriver, but from what I have read, they're not as great as what I might think. I guess it depends on how good the drivers for a particular game are. Most of the complaints I have read about with RailDriver are driver issues.

6. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

I have had no driver problems with the RailDriver, and their tech support has been pretty good. It did take them a month or two to get a driver out for the 64 bit version of TS2019, but it is out now, I think still in beta, but it seems to work well for me.

My only complaint about the RailDriver is the throttle control. It does not have 8 physical notches like you think it should, (I only run American Locomotives, not sure how locomotives in other parts of the world work). Instead it is just a range from 0-100% which isn't very realistic, also the throttle can jump around sometimes in the sim even when you don't touch the throttle. Besides that I think it works wonderfully and I think it is still worth the money. It is SO MUCH better having a real lever to feel and move, lack of support for it is one of the main reasons I don't play TSW, I just miss it to much once you get used to it.

7. Ethan TX

Ethan TX New Member

I've just got to make up my mind whether I want to spend the cash on a RailDriver or on add-on routes. I think that if I do decide to get a RD, I would go used. $200 is well above my current budget for gaming.

8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Put TS into borderless mode and it doesn't do it. This is how I run on my dual monitor setup

9. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

When using the Raildriver with TS2018 joystick (Cobra One) software you can dock the loco information panel anywhere. The HUD is not needed.