Ts2020 Suggestion.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by raptorengineer, Apr 30, 2019.

1. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

DTG since where around 5 or 6 months away from ts2020 could it be possible to add something to the main game or kuju default file area that few routes already have.
    i'm talking about lighting and thunder storm script that i think Miami west palm beach & Sherman hill route have. could scripts be added to main game or would that break game.

2. Remko

Remko Well-Known Member

There was talk about TS2018 being the last version.
    The reason we now have TS2019 is the introduction of 64 bits.
    So if we will get TS2020 in a few month remains unknown until DTG announces it.

Why would you want specific weather scripts in the main game?
    In theory it should be possible if DTG is the developer or the developer approves.
    But I don't see any reason why.
    When creating a scenario on one route you can use weather scripts from other routes.
    Others will be able to play your scenario just fine when they own both routes (and therefor the needed scripts).

3. raptorengineer

ya but what if the person dons't have that route. there for you have to buy itif you wanted to use the weather scripts. i think kuju or default stuff is apply to main game like TSA. humm maybe since TSA is part of the main game maybe they should add the weather script there.

4. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

5. Remko

Remko Well-Known Member

A must have pack. It's just awesome!

True. But lots of routes aren't made by DTG so they can't do it with those. They could with the once that are theirs but I doubt they will. There's a commercial aspect involved also.

6. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

Announce that TS20xx is dead, and move the whole team over to TSW.

No point beating a dead horse.

7. Remko

Remko Well-Known Member

The horse is very much alive and will be for years to come.

TSW isn't the successor to TS. Even DTG said so themselves.
    It has a whole different gameplay and engine behind it.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

This dead horse is the cash cow that is funding the development of TSW.

• Like Like x 7
  9. raptorengineer

i haven't bought TSW yet once the editor is release maybe. but in mean time i sticking to ts2019 now i bought us pack of ts2019 witch come with miami west palm beach route and it has the Sherman hill light and thunder script but what was neat is all the routes are under one file name DTG in editor. i like it make it clean.

10. RailWorkshop

RailWorkshop Member

If they can add OpenStreet Maps that can be used for route building, it will be great.

11. RailWorkshop

RailWorkshop Member

People still play MSTS
    People also play TS20xx.
    It depends on us that what game we want to play.

12. raptorengineer

imagine the big big ts2020 announcement would be replacing the tsx graphic engine with FSX graphics engine. haha i know it can't be done the coding is different then ts code. but one can dream.

13. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

What a lot of people don't realize, is that modern PC's and graphics cards don't handle old architecture well, because most of the old instruction sets that are used to manage DX9 applications are not even added to new machines.

That shiny new GTX2080 you just brought doesn't really like dealing with DX9, and you'll notice by all the stutter and random frame drops... Which will probably be more noticable that on your old GTX750.

The latest build of Euro Truck Simulator 2 (Version 1.35) has replaced DX9 with DX11, because a lot of modern PC's were choking on the old architecture, and the complaints from users spurred them into being proactive. So unless DTG do the same, and spend time upgrading their engine, TS20xx will probably die soon anyway as few will be able to run the thing smoothly... not that it ever did run smoothly to begin with.

Now take into account that the current version of Unreal Engine 4 is version 4.22, and Train Sim World is running on the now obsolete version 4.16, do you really think that DTG are going to rush and upgrade TS20xx to DX11 any time soon?

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  14. Remko

Remko Well-Known Member

Looks like you've got your versions straight and that DTG probably won't update any time soon.
    But that's about it.
    The conclusion that TS will die in the near future if it doesn't get a DX update doesn't fly at all.

The game hasn't run smoothly for a long time and yet lots of content is being developed and bought.
    The only reason why TS could die is when we stop buying content.
    I don't see that happening any time soon.
    Especially since MSTS is still around too, which is way older. MSTS even got some sort of 2nd life with Open Rails.

Last time DTG updated UE they ran into tons of problems.
    So they will be very careful next time.
    Calling 4.16 obsolete is getting ahead of things, but yes it's getting slightly old.

15. raptorengineer

i can't run msts anymore it too old for my system, it crashes alot. and ya soon ts20xx will pass way but by then ether everyone has jump on tsw ship or trainz ship.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Remko

Remko Well-Known Member

Try it through Open Rails.
    That's been used a lot these days.

17. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

People have been predicting the demise of TS for some time. But as long as it turns a profit for DTG and other 3rd party suppliers then TS will live on. As for jumping ship, or changing train sims, I doubt whether long term TS users would want to bin their financial and time investment and head for Toy Town trainz or glossy TSW in a hurry.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Only someone who doesn't have a decent TS library would ask DTG to axe the game.

I actually prefer TS to TSW. I like long drives, I actually like that it feels like a sim rather than the real thing, I like that I have a library of over 100 different trains to drive and some 60 routes. Throw in some good releases from DTG, Just Trains and Armstrong Powerhouse lately and I know I'll be playing TS and buying new content for it for years to come.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

Train Simulator will be around for years to come if you look at the 3rd party content that comes out and is currently in development.
    MSTS (with or without OpenRails) can still be found in use, although that is not a huge number.
    When the TSW editor comes out, it will take years before people start moving exclusively to TSW or some will not move at all because before the amount of content that there is now, is in TSW. It will take 10 years or more.

If you compare the Train Simulator 20xx years against with MSTS, the collection that people have access to today is WAY bigger then in the MSTS main time.
    Sometimes even thousands of $, €, £ or any other currency. My library spands almost all Steam DLC and many 3rd party store content.
    So much, that more then 550gb is in my installation to choose from, for TSW my content is all current available DLC.

I myself enjoy both games (TS20xx and TSW), most of my time is in TS20xx for streaming, evaluating scenario's, testing routes for people.
    TSW I regularly start, walk and drive around and enjoying my time.
    But until there is much more content to the level of TS20xx, I won't stop playing it, even with the shortcomings of a crash, low framerate or looks.
    TSW even has low framerates because of the sheer amount of rendering that has to be done in busy areas.

One concern however is still the menu, it is Adobe Flash, but won't be supported in two years and not included in Windows anymore.
    And with the huge amount of content it can be slow to load items.

But all this is my opinion and not everyone is the same, so people can have their own opinion about the game.
    If you are passionate about trains, either TS20xx or TSW will do the job.

• Like Like x 1