Ts2021 No Sky

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by targzoz, Sep 21, 2020.

1. targzoz

targzoz New Member

Every scenario I have loaded since the update to TS2021, the weather has not loaded. The sky is as black as spade regardless of the time of day. Subsequently when using scenario editor trying to find a weather that will load, I end up with the typical "Out of Memory". I love TS20XX and have a lot invested in it but it is very quickly becoming very frustrating.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Are you using any 3rd party DLC that modifies weather, such as the AP Sky & Weather Enhancement Pack?

Although I can't see the AP pack causing issues... it doesn't with me.

3. targzoz

targzoz New Member

Not on all. It even occurs on the career & standard scenarios from Steam purchased packs that don't use any third party weather packs.

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I had this a few months back (maybe this time last year).
    Couldn't find a fix for it and ended up flattening my machine and rebuilding (as in windows). That solved it though

5. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Thank you for telling us about this targzoz, will pass this on to the team for you.

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I had this on a RSSLO Route and the problem was solved by deleting and reloading the route.
    This was mid-day Screenshot_Allgaubahn_47.71090-10.31713_12-00-12.jpg

targzoz - go in to the game then Build and pick a route you are having a problem with and click on Edit
    If you still have a black screen in the Editor then it is not a Scenario problem

Peter

7. targzoz

targzoz New Member

Happens even when trying to create a scenario. I have done complete reinstalls 4 times now and still getting the same results. Very few with actual sky. Below are screenshots upon entering the Editor with a mix of DTG and Third Party routes. The first is Ay Valley Final, second is Bristol to Exeter, third New York to New Haven, fourth Portsmouth Direct Line - London Waterloo to Portsmouth and fifth is South Wales Coastal - Bristol to Swansea. all screenshots are midday. Ay Valley Midday.jpg Btistol to Exeter Midday.jpg New York to New Haven.jpg Portsmouth Direct Line - London Waterloo to Portsmouth.jpg South Wales Coastal - Bristol to Swansea.jpg

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  8. targzoz

targzoz New Member

OK, I've got sky back. Resolution? Change Anti-Aliasing to FXAA + 1 X SSAA, side-effect:- FPS at Cardiff on Birmingham to Bristol Extended down to 13. Impossible to record content for my tiny channel at this rate. Further resolution:- monitors back to 1920 X 1080 from 4K (I run 3 4K monitors), FPS now 41.
    My system comprises:
    GPU: Intel i9 - 9900KF @ 3.60GHz
    MB: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 10
    GPU: ASRock AMD RX570 8GB 4K and VR ready
    RAM: 32GB DDR4 2666MHz
    Boot Drive: 1TB M2 NVMe SSD Motherboard mounted
    Game Drive: 2TB 2.5 inch SATAIII SSD
    PSU: 850W 80+ Gold
    Dual fan liquid cooling