Ts20xx Is Completely Broken

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by kosti.nuuja, Jun 11, 2021.

1. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

I can't use TS20xx anymore, if the next update doesn't improve performance or stability. There's horrible stuttering, and even crashing when my PC (Which is not slow) tries to render scenery. Sometimes train doors are stuck open, and you can't do anything. Last time when I tried to play TS20xx, I done actually nothing, because doors stuck open. I don't care how mad do you get at me. This is the fact, based on my own experiences by several months. All that I have tried has improved nothing, and when TS2020 updated to TS2021, things got just worse. Crashing become more usual, and nothing has been improved. Even using fastload does nothing. We need a real miracle to get things better.

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

TS20xx is not broken - if it was everyone would be complaining to DTG

As you opened two threads on the same subject which one should we reply to?

You will find a response in the other thread

3. kosti.nuuja

I just feel disappointed, because I have spent a lot of money to this simulator, and I feel that I have spent all of that money for nothing.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

And we keep asking you questions to try to help but you ignore them

Which version of Windows are you on?
    As Pookeyhead asked, what are your graphics settings in the game?

You told us what storage you have but not the capacity or how much space you have.
    And is TS on the C: drive?

Post some pictures of your settings as Pooky did - we might spot something

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

We're trying to help you.

Clearly there is nothing wrong with TS20xx, because as Peter said, everyone would be complaining to DTG that it is unusable.

You list your hardware as:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 AM4 (at 3,85GHz)
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X 6G
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 16 Gt (2 x 8 Gt)
    HDD: Kingston KC2500 1 Tt M.2 PCIe SSD

Your GPU is fine. While not quite as fast as my GTX980Ti, it is close.
    Your CPU is WAY faster than mine.
    You have the same amount of RAM as I do, but yours is much faster.
    Your SSD is faster than mine is.

While I occasionally see stutters in very congested areas, it is very brief, and in no way makes me think I have spent money for nothing. 95% of the time, I experience no issues as you describe. When I say I have stutters, I am literally talking about half a second or so, and only occasionally.

If I am using Shadowplay to record a video of Gameplay, stuttering can be worse, but that is clearly just extra demand upon my PCI-E bus (as I have an old PC with PCI-e 2) Watch this video at 12 minutes 10 seconds.

That's as bad as it ever gets for me, and only when other demands for I/O are being made on a very old (nearly 11 years old) machine. Do you think that makes the game unusable?

Normally you say you have 60fps, which makes me think you are running at 1080p. Can you confirm your monitor's resolution?

Also, can you show us your in game graphics settings as I did in the other thread?

I'm convinced it is a I/O issue, and not a CPU or graphics issue however, as when not loading in scenery, your performance seems to be more than adequate.

Can you test your SSD is performing as expected? Download this... https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskmark/ and run a full test on your SSD and post up the results. They should be broadly similar to this... https://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/kingston_kc2500_review,9.html

Have you confirmed that all 16GB of RAM is in fact operational? One DIMM may have come unseated and you may only have 8GB in single channel mode. Unlikely, but no harm in checking.

Check that you have latest chipset drivers for your motherboard, and they they are installed correctly.

Do you have "fastload" enabled for Train Simulator? See this thread... https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...core-update-2nd-march-2021.36321/#post-261316

I can understand how you are frustrated. I would be, especially as I have spent hundreds on this thing... but clearly, TS20xx is not "broken". Something about your hardware, or install clearly is however. If you take a step by step approach, I'm sure it is resolvable.

Also.. can you record a video of the stuttering you are experiencing? Even if it's just literally by pointing your phone at the screen when it happens.. that will suffice.

Thanks.

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I wonder if the OP has Steam on the same C:/ as yhe Windows operating system?

7. kosti.nuuja

In my PC steam and windows are not on the same drive.

8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

In my case, TS starts with an integrated graphics card by default. It works terribly then.
    Change Windows settings to high-performance GPU for TS. greetings

9. Pookeyhead

TS, and Steam are both on my C: drive... I have no such problems. That would be no issue for a modern PC, especially one using PCI-e 4.0, which his may well be as it's socket AM4. PCI-E three would also be OK... and I'm on PCI-e 2.0 with no issues.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  10. Pookeyhead

This is something that needs changing in BIOS, not Windows. This is why it keeps reverting back to the APU.

11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I mean this Windows setting - it solves the problem for me

Untitled.png

12. kosti.nuuja

Screenshot (108).png
    It doesn't work on me.

13. kosti.nuuja

Updated recently, so probably latest version.

14. Pookeyhead

Do you mean that you need to do this every time you start your PC?

Also, that setting will have no effect on a desktop PC really. Your GPU will run as fast as it needs to. That is for laptops to prolong battery life.

15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When I said what Version of Windows I meant Windows 10 x32 or x64

16. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Read again carefully what I wrote AGAIN ... CAREFULLY :)

17. kosti.nuuja

OK. It’s x64

18. Pookeyhead

..and I asked if you need to this every time you run Train Simulator, or even every time you start your PC because you didn't make it clear... and it still isn't because you didn't answer the question :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. breblimator

breblimator Guest

oh :)

It used to be set in the NVIDIA control panel, once and after each driver update. Now NVIDIA suggests doing it this (WINDOWS) way. One time is enough. It works for me. Without these settings, TS boots using the integrated graphics card.

Me and my English ... Oh my /o\

20. Pookeyhead

If your BIOS is set to use the integrated graphics, then that's what Windows will boot with. Check your BIOS.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Pookeyhead

Hang on a minute.... You'd actually need to have your monitor plugged into the integrated graphics output to use it, and vice versa... You are either using the integrated graphics... or you're not... you can't just tell windows to use on or the other without switching the actual HDMI/Display Port lead from the GPU's output to the motherboard's.

22. breblimator

breblimator Guest

A laptop :) I can always choose.

I know how to do it in a proper way. I tried to help because this is sometimes an issue (integrated graphic by default).

Like I said:
    BR :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2021
  23. Pookeyhead

It's not a problem you should have in the first place.