Ts22 - Tōhoku Line Out Now

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Mar 18, 2022.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Finally, a Shinkansen for TS on Steam...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

So, does the H5 actually come with the route as well? It's seen on the DLC cover art and on this page, but it is not mentioned anywhere in the Steam DLC page. I do know it's part of the JT release version of the route.

4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Read the article itself and my question is this does the E5 Shinkansen tilts if so then it has an active suspension system which is different from West Coast Main Line south and Merged WCML Class 390 Nürnberg Regensburg Passau Linz DB BR 411 ICE-T Pendolino tilt system. Gotthard Bahn ETR 610 Rabe 503 future DLC

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  5. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Ok, so the route itself does come with the H5 version of the E5 Shinkansen, as well as the Sendai Livery for the 701 Series EMU's. Odd that neither of these units are mentioned in the steam store description.

One other thing to note, west of Morioka, there is a line modeled on the map.
    Hmm.png

This is actually the Tazawako Line from Morioka to Ōmagari Station near Daisen. This line also sees local traffic from 701 series EMU's as well.
    JR-E701_Akita_color_N32_at_Sakata_Station_20070406.jpg

Not only that, the line hosts the Akita Shinkansen using E6 sets for "Mini Shinkansen"
    services.
    E6_series_Z12_Komachi_20161013.jpg

Whats interesting about this is the E6's are usually ran in pairs with the E5 sets on the Tokoku Line from Tokyo to Morioka, before being uncoupled for Komachi trains to Akita. This makes me wonder if Union Workshop plans to add these two services to Tohoku as either a route or loco expansion in the future, something UW has never done before on steam.
    E5E6Tokyo.JPG

Would be a shame to see this trackwork go to waste.....
    aaaa.png

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I noticed a lot of unplanted stations there and no platform markers. I suspected it was a different line that connects to the one featured in the DLC. It seems it was intended to have this as part of a single DLC but time ran out and they had to release what was done.

By the way, avoid the second scenario for now. That's all I'm going to say about that one.

Meanwhile, it sounds like more development on the route is planned; I saw a screenshot of a post somewhere on Discord. Question is, will it be a payware update to add all the scenery and stations?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

God the route, but damn it's buggy as hell. Can't even finish the second scenario due to bugs. And the 64 bit version breaks the rainy weather in the third scenario. The gangway cover on the front of the 701 series also keeps flashing sometimes.

Performance is also pretty bad as the train models are unreasonably high poly in my opinion. The scenery is also a bit ugly, but I will accept that as the route is very long and I'm used to TSW graphics nowdays.

Anyway it's nice to see a new japanese route for TS, but wish it was better quality. Hope the bugs at least will get fixed.

8. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Strange. I found issues on other routes like Soldier Summit or Livonia, when the fog and rain layers suddenly disappeared (3D weather...), leading to rain appear in cab view but not outside. Maybe we've found a SilverLining 64 bit issue here.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2022
  9. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Possibly. Anyway since then I have been playing on the 32 bit version. Fortunately no further issues since then, I'm actually having fun.

Though the Shinkansen line does have some asset loading issues at certain points.
    [​IMG]
    I don't think it's hard drive speed or any other PC spec related, as it will not load even with the game paused, only if you actually move forwards. I remember many Union Workshop assets having issues with disappearing when still in screen. They seem to have issues with the "is the object is view?" detections.

10. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Does that happen in 64bit too? I'm only playing in 64bit and have not encountered this on any UWS route. (Having all except for Tohoku)