Tsc - Huddersfield Line Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Oct 3, 2022.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

• Like Like x 11
  2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Northern Trans-Pennine* :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Hope Valley and now this route! Its just a celebration)

P. S. Can't wait now for amazing scenarios from John Dean for this route))

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  4. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Excellent! Great to see it's a modern day representation! Can't wait for the AP 47 ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. dragoner

dragoner Well-Known Member

I believe the Class 47 wasn't made by AP, but what we appear to get soon, is the class 158 with AP's enhancement pack included. Which sounds nice.

• Like Like x 2
  6. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well how modern day is it? The last time class 47's and mark 2 carriages were running it regularly was around 1992. I don't know how much, if at all the route has changed since then.

Their TSW verision is set in 1983.

• Like Like x 1
  7. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Excellent route but why not made for TSW aswell ?

8. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

9. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Yeah I know :D

Yeah my comment was abit tongue in cheek, I was just trying to say this would be a great excuse for AP to make a 47, It would also be a great excuse if they needed any more (Hope valley ect) to make a nice 70 too which would be great :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Johnno124

Johnno124 Active Member

11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

TSW 3 version is 1983 this is set in 2022. The reason to why there's a Class 158 Class 47 is that DTG did not get the First Group licence for TPE. Had they did NTP 2022 TSC would have a reskinned ECML Class 801 family train in TPE paint and Fife Circle Class 68 in TPE. New build Mk 5 DVT and coaches

12. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Would anyone at DTG confirm or dismiss whether it's the withdrawn Virgin 47?

13. snapnfix

snapnfix Member

"A treat for railfans this route from Dovetail Games for Train Simulator Classic is represented as it stands today, complete with modernisation and current track layout features, including the impressive state-of-the-art rebuilds of Manchester Victoria and Leeds."

I'm not familiar with the area, but why build what appears to be a current route and then populate it with rolling stock from the '90s?

14. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Seems a bit odd creating something that already exists in TSW but is not going to compete so far as the all day timetable and other features are concerned.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Not odd at all seeing as the majority of us in this TSC forum can't stand TSW!

I may buy TSW3 in a year or so when it's 3 quid in a sale just to see what all the fuss was about and be wholly unimpressed, just like I did with TSW2, unfortunately I bought into the hype of TSW1 (or whatever it was originally called) and paid full price for that, never again, I'll stick with TSC thanks very much.

• Like Like x 5
  16. mindenjohn

mindenjohn Well-Known Member

I’m with Reef.

• Like Like x 2
  17. mindenjohn

The main change in the route is in the Mirfield area where there were 4 tracks in the 1980s two for freight and two for passenger. The end of coal mining resulted in reduction to three, the former up goods becoming the up platform (platform 3) and up goods, the up passenger becoming a fast non stop (platform 2 at Mirfield) line and the former down passenger becoming the down line for all (platform 1). There were also changes to suit this at the junctions either end of Mirfield. All 4 track sections between Mirfield and Stalybridge were two tracked.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. theorganist

Although at least you can run whatever you own on it. You could use class 20, 31, 37, 47, 56, 58, 60, 105, 142, 150, 156, 158 most of which you can't do on TSW and even in scenario planner you are very limited. You can also make up your own rakes of carriages.

I would love to see a timetable timetable mode for TSC however, although that will never happen.

Ah okay fair enough. Yes a new class 47 would be great. The withdrawn Virgin one which I assume this one is a version of is very good but the sounds are far too loud in the cab. Although I guess this might be the TSW verision. As a base for reskins it would be useful.

19. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

Wow. Late BR era liveries too. **** this is a day one purchase for sure

20. theorganist

They have done it before, the Liverpool to Manchester route was one. And have done the opposite, both WCML North and Over Shap have modern signalling and modern EPS signs and I assume track layouts yet came with BR stock.

21. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

So.
    We're getting a 47/8 (the same one as in Welsh Marches it seems), Mk1s and Mk2s (probably the same old ones, but in new liveries), some tank cars, doesn't look to be the TEAs from the Class 60, have they possibly gotten hold of the Fastline TEAs? Is the 158 the same one from Liverpool - Manchester, only with AP sounds, or is is _another_ new one? I'd guess the 142 is the same as the standalone one...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

AFAIK Liverpool Manchester is the same case as WCMLN/WCMLoS, i e current time track layout but set in earlier era (BR Sectors)?

23. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Yes is the Virgin class 47

• Like Like x 3
  24. kolesnikvictor

kolesnikvictor Active Member

Me too, bro)

• Like Like x 2
  25. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Thanks Jamie.

26. OldVern

I actually like both as each game offers something slightly different. I certainly wouldn’t recommend TSW3 at the current full asking price though, despite muggins here paying £40. In fact I have probably been spending more time in TSC of late anyway; just don’t see the point of paying again for a route I can already experience in the sister product.

27. class455

class455 Member

Wow, this really is fantastic news and a route I was hoping would come to the game for a long time, especially with this being my route to uni for four years. Whilst the route from Huddersfield to Manchester was already made by someone on ATS, it’s fantastic to finally see a full route from Manchester to Leeds become available. Cannot wait to start making scenarios on this route. Shame it doesn’t include the route via Guide Bridge to Manchester Piccadilly or the Ordsall Chord though, any idea why that is? Though I’m sure someone will make a merge with this and ATS’s chat moss route so we can soon do full runs from Liverpool to Leeds.
    Great to see it also set in 2022 too, I can only assume TPE stock wasn’t included because ATS and AP have made their own versions (or enhanced in the case of AP) of the Class 185, 802 and 68 which DTG do not really need to copy but they will fit in well with the route being set in modern times.

Just hope an updated version of the South London Lines route will be available for TSC soon, including the new London Bridge and I’ll be very happy.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  28. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

This look good. An area I know quite well and I will be getting this route - maybe on my Christmas List :)
    At least the Signalboxes that still exist should be present on this route. One of my complaints about TSW version

Now if DTG could get a license for TPE, they have GWR which is also First Group, then we could have the 68 & Mk5 sets.

29. theorganist

Yes you are correct, I was getting confused!

30. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback on the 47 Cab audio, I'll see what we can do to lower the volume.

The Mk1 BG and Mk2a TSOs are converted over from TSW. There are two variants of the TSO, BR Blue & Grey (TPE) and Regional Railways (TPE), with Service (interior lighting and passengers) and Stabled (no lighting and no passengers) versions of each. The other Mk1s featured are the GUVs which were previously featured in another pack. The TEAs are from the Class 60 pack which were also a conversion from TSW.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 4
  31. theorganist

Hello, thanks for your reply.

That is only my perception, as it sounds like like you are driving it from just outside the loco, from what I can gather the cabs were reasonably well insulated. Although I gather some class 40 drivers did get compensation for industrial hearing loss.

I am sure there are plenty who like or prefer it that way as they like the "thrash". Some of the sound packs you can get seem to make the cabs too quiet. I haven't been in the cab of a first generation diesel locomotive so I don't know exactly how they would sound. I do think some of the diesel loco's going back to the early days of Railworks do not have very good cab occlusions.

32. OldVern

I agree with the above. Absolutely hate "authentic" in cab sound when it's too quiet. I would much rather have the thrash piped in "Wired For Sound" style.

33. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Well, this will be a nice addition to the collection.
    I really hope someone from ATS does a merge with Chat Moss and also the Leeds Lines so we can run through from Liverpool to York.

• Like Like x 1
  34. mindenjohn

Let's get the Trans Pennine bit first, I want to be able to go onto Mirfield Station and watch myself drive through (oh, it doesn't work like that?, One can dream.)

35. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Interesting to see the trains included. With the Virgin 47 back, we finally are able to buy the definitive 47 and that opens up the possibility for liveries and enhancement packs that aren't for an old model (makes me wonder why there's an 86 EP but AP made a whole new 87...).

The TSW Mark 2s are much better than the Kuju ones we've had since 2007, although there are only two types modelled. They're probably not as good as the AP ones but I'd take them any day over the ones we have already. It makes me hope DTG will start to use the TSW Mk1s instead of the Kuju ones for new packs.

36. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The RSC Class 86 was not too bad and only needed an EP Pack but the dimensions of the Class 87 were wrong

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you switch to view 4 approaching Mirfield you will see yourself passing thru

38. brummie

brummie Active Member

Just a reminder that Jamie will be previewing this route tonight on the YouTube and Twitch channels. Might be worth watching!

Edit: Just read the message pertaining to this and states 'Wednesday 4th October', so might well be tomorrow rather than tonight?

39. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

Hasn't it been back since Welsh Marches?

40. 878606

878606 Member

Really nice addition for TSC the content it's a downer, considering the route it's based in present day would be nice a Class 195 at least. And some TPE liveries and some Nova Mk5 coaches

• Like Like x 1
  41. snapnfix

snapnfix Member

TrainSim-Steve

On the Virgin Class 47 there are two problems when driving. (1) The engine sounds inside the cab are just as loud as outside. (2) The cab windows are too fogged and obscured.

If these can be fixed, it would turn a good loco into a great one.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  42. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

We already have a nice 47 that came in the Virgin Trains Pack, which I think is the one that was considered to be the best 47 DTG has. Unfortunately, that pack had to be retired due to licensing issues. I wonder if this is the return of that 47.

43. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Had, unfortunately I only discovered TSC early this year so I have not been able to acquire the 47, only got the DTG supplied one which when compared to my AP collection is to be honest poor.

44. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Would have preferred this version to the crusty 80s one we got in TSW!

45. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Really looking forward to this nice surprise and great to see TSC still getting lots of great content keep it up.

46. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

comment further up from DTG says it is the VT Class 47

• Like Like x 1
  47. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I was lucky and found it on Humble after it left Steam. Within a month, it left Humble as well.
    I can’t read apparently. :D

48. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Ok, then but in TSC how do you do a Railtour using older UK locomotives in Eras 6-7 1991-present using TSW 3 years and era timeframe system? In TSW 3 want Older Diesel locomotives on era 7 routes a mandatory Huddersfield Line 1983 and 1989 Tees Valley Line purchase is required Steam WCML Liverpool Crewe

49. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I disagree, the 80's version is more interesting with older BR Diesel locomotives. The older, the better!

• Like Like x 1
  50. mindenjohn

I'm planning to run 45s and 46s on passenger with 40s + 25s on the freight (not exclusively). Holbeck and Healey Mills rule the tracks with help from their friends.