Tsc Route Recommendations

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rennekton#1349, Jun 22, 2022.

1. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. I know this is the tsw forums but for those for play tsc, are there any routes y'all would recommend since the summer sale is coming up tomorrow. So I'm open to most content, except German content. Mostly American and uk content, electrics and diesels, and other regions if they are good and offer something unique. Steam is okay, but not something that really excites me. I like both passenger and freight with more of an interest towards passenger. I don't want dlc that has any gamebreaking stuff or was clearly rushed so it looks terrible and stuff and whatever. I also have all tsw content.

2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I am going for the Marches route from Newport to Shrewsbury. It is done by Bossman games who have a reputation for quality and is also needed for scenarios with some of their steam stuff.

For America, I'm quite enjoying the Shasta route, good long run with plenty of challenging gradients.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

If you're looking for something unique I'd highly recommend the Sacramento Northern, it's a American 30/40's electric interurban railroad. The included engines have a bit more depth to them than normal, but should be fine if you're used to the depth of TSW locos, and the route has good tutorials explaining how to operate them.

• Like Like x 3
  4. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

Why not choosing a route that continue with your favorites routes in TSW ? For exemple if you like GWE you can choose Just Trains routes that continue from Reading, or if your are into SHSE why not try the last iteration of Chatham mainlines and starting in TSW2 in Paddington, you can switch to TSC in Faversham and continue to Ramsgate or Dover.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

6. OldVern

Continuing on the Japanese theme, The Story Of Forest Rail is a beautiful route, complete with a couple of quirky trains.

7. OldVern

I am also looking at the (JT) Metropolitan Line but as I posted in the TSC section, so far without response, there is a disconnect between the Alan Thomson review and what people are saying about it on Steam.

8. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Do you already have TS? If not be aware that buying it in the Store is not your only way to get started. As you're interested in British routes Great British Railway Journeys would be worth a look (more anon) or if you can find a Steam key for an older edition it will almost certainly be cheaper than even the sale price, might have a more appealing bundle of routes than the current offering (TS2019 was good) and installing through Steam you'll still get all the updates to the current version of the core program. NB- these options are also open to you if you do already have TS.

The Weardale and Teesdale Network in the '60s is the first route I drove in TS and still my favourite- a slightly rose-tinted view of the lines in south-western County Durham. I live in the area and the route captures the bleak beauty of Weardale very well. Lots of passenger and freight potential.

There's nothing else in TS like 1,500v DC electrics on the Woodhead route (with the possible exception of third party Dutch loco's). There are two versions- the original is set in the '50s when steam was starting to give way to the electrics while the newer version represents its declining years in BR Corporate Blue and includes EMUs. Woodhead was more of a freight line but there's passenger workings.

I bought WCML Over Shap just to drive the APT but the route itself is more varied and interesting in its own right than I expected and the Class 87 leccy's really keep you on your toes- excellent. WCML North is older and it shows but still good and together the routes cover the line from Preston to Glasgow and some of the network around the latter.

Great British Railway Journeys bundles five already available British routes Settle-Carlisle, Portsmouth Direct, Great Eastern Main LIne, ECML London-Peterborough and Chatham and Medway Valley. I have the first three and, although they're not top drawer, like them all (the Portsmouth route is the newer version). Chances are I'll get this bundle one day just for the other two routes.

North Wales Coastal and South Wales Coastal are both good modern routes, South Wales has some overlap with Welsh Marches mentioned above (second the recommendation) and there's a merge of them available in the Workshop. Western LInes of Scotland is steam only as it comes but you can add Classes 20 and 27 Diesels for more leisurely driving in the countryside. Similarly Riviera Line in the '50s is a better route than the modern version but steam only- the Western Hydraulics pack adds distinctive Diesels.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. rennekton#1349

I'm just buying a couple of dlc for tsc since I've bought it just to experience different routes and stuff. I still like tsw better but I've heard many of the dlc in tsc is good. I mainly want like dlcs that are like unique, in a different part of the region, high quality (subjective). For example, a scenic American passenger route, not in tsw, is something I would be interested in? Is there a route that is not in the east coast like tsw mostly has, I'll take it. Is there like a really challenging freight route that has a unique feature and scenic is interesting. You get the point. I don't want to be spending too much on tsc as I'm getting other games and dlc, maybe picking up like 5 max or something. While the routes you suggested are great, I want to like branch out to other routes in the uk.

10. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

11. rennekton#1349

Lots of options. I will take everything into consideration once a sale goes live and if there is 1 for the routes. Thanks everyone

12. OldVern

Hopefully we will see some good discounts in just over 10 minutes though equally part of me is expecting to see only about 20% off at which point all my careful calculations and planning go into disarray!

13. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

If you want something différent still in UK you can try like suggested above Western LInes of Scotland, where you ll find steam but you can easly put old diesels. A scenic old route.

Weardale and Teasdale and Woodhead are also very good routes if you like old BR Blue stuff.

For US maybe you can try Pacific Surfliner. Check on youtube what is more of your stuff.

Good sales !