Tsc Screenshot Contest - March 2023 - Week 10

Discussion in 'Creation Centre' started by DTG Jamie, Mar 6, 2023.

?
  1. Red Signals

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Rare workings

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Colourful

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  4. Tilting trains

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Grand Vistas

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Welcome back to the Train Simulator Screenshot Contest!

This week's theme is: Austria

You can vote for next week's theme in the poll attached to this thread. What is your choice?

Follow us on Instagram (instagram.com/trainsim) to see your screenshots featured on our feed!

How does it work?

You can submit your screenshot to the thread, and every Monday we will choose which screenshots will go to the loading screens. Shortly after, we will open a new thread and announce the winners. Each week has its own theme which is voted for by the community.

Competition Rules:
    • Limit is 2 screenshots per person; 1 screenshot per post.
    • Include in your post the route the screenshot was taken on as well as the name of the train (if applicable).
    • Screenshots must be in a 16:9 resolution, at least 1920x1080 pixels.
    • Screenshots must fit the theme of the week, as stated at the beginning of this post.
    • In order to qualify for the competition, screenshots must be taken from products published by Dovetail Games that are currently on sale.
    Other Rules:

• Official content only. Please make sure anything that is not available on the Steam Store or Dovetail Store is not shown in the screenshot. - This means no reshade, repaint mods, track upgrades or workshop routes.
    • Your entry may be disqualified if it is deemed to not follow these rules. Please limit chat to only when absolutely necessary.
    • Competition closes at mid-day Monday (UK time). The winner will be chosen every Monday.
    • Winner's Prize: The winning screenshot will appear in the game as a loading screen for 1 week!
    (Please Note since the new update which changes loading times we have decided to change it to 1 week)

T&C:
    • Please refer the terms and conditions for this competition here:
    https://dovetailgames.com/competition-terms-and-conditions/
    • Note that by submitting an entry to this contest, you are consenting to us using your screenshot as a loading screen and showing it on our social media channels (such as Instagram)

2. I`m a railfan obviously

I`m a railfan obviously Well-Known Member

Route: Semmeringbahn Train: OBB 1116.
    A pair OBB 1116s going up the hills outside of Gloggnitz. Screenshot_Semmeringbahn_47.67851-15.92674_11-02-39.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. bellminsterboy

bellminsterboy Well-Known Member

Screenshot_Arlbergbahn_47.11617-10.49018_08-31-23.jpg
    A DB 101 hauls a rake of 11 coaches over the striking Trisanna viaduct on an early morning service from Lindau Hbf to Munich via Innsbruck.
    Route: Arlbergbahn
    Loco: DB 101

• Like Like x 2
  4. cscarpenter

cscarpenter Well-Known Member

20230211175346_1.jpg
    The stunning Bergisel Ski Jump just outside of Innsbruck makes for a classic Austrian backdrop.
    Loco:- ÖBB 4023 Talent
    Route:- Tirol Brenner - Kufstein

• Like Like x 6
  5. I`m a railfan obviously

I`m a railfan obviously Well-Known Member

Route: Semmeringbahn Train: DB BR 218, OBB 1116.
    I guess somebody screwed up at his job. Screenshot_Semmeringbahn_47.61364-15.74275_11-36-08.jpg

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Johnno124

Johnno124 Active Member

Nice pic, But just a heads up, You haven't included the route or Loco in the description. Might want to edit the posts so they can be potentially chosen as the winner.

7. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    An OBB 1044 in the special '100' livery climbs the Arlberg pass towards St Anton on the Three Country Corner route.

• Like Like x 6
  8. cscarpenter

20230311160730_1.jpg
    1063-021 8 in Thunderbird mode rescues an OBB 1016 hauled city Shuttle service just outside of Wernstein.
    Loco:- OBB 1063 / OBB 1016
    Route:- Linz - Passau

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  9. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    We tend to think of Austria as a country of mountains, edelweiss, Salzburg music festivals and ignition wrecking nuns, but this is not true of the eastern part in the low, wide, Danube basin, with rich farmland and straight fast tracks (200km/hr). Here an OBB 1016 picks up speed on the dead straight line from Linz on the Linz - Passau route.

• Like Like x 2
  10. unionpacificfan

unionpacificfan Well-Known Member

ÖBB 1014 with doubletraction passing Landesfalkenhof Hohenwerfen on Salzburg - Schwarzach-St. Veit route.

Hohenwerfen is a fortress in central Austria, located above the village of Werfen, approximately 50 kilometers south of Salzburg. The history of the fortress stretches back to the 11th century and over the years it has mainly served as a prison.

Screenshot_Salzburg - Schwarzach-St. Veit_47.47858-13.19352_11-42-27.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. unionpacificfan

unionpacificfan Well-Known Member

ÖBB 2016 with a heavy freighttrain in the Austrian Alps on Tauernbahn.
    They had no electric locomotives so they had to take a dieselloco for this transport.

Screenshot_Tauernbahn_46.92930-13.23802_11-06-49.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. simoselva

simoselva Active Member

Tauernbahn - Sonderfahrt Obb 1189

20230312050457_1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

20230312135434_1.jpg
    OBB 1189 05 "Krokodil" on the Three Country Corner Route

• Like Like x 2
  14. WhippleStripper

WhippleStripper Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Loco: OBB1016
    Route: Salzburg - Schwarzach-St. Veit
    A view up the Salzach valley.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Craigie-C

20230312194657_1.jpg
    OBB 1042 007-7 with the Schladming to Bischofshofen service on the Ennstalbahn Route

• Like Like x 3
  16. WhippleStripper

WhippleStripper Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Loco: OBB 1042
    Route: Ennstalbahn
    With a view of Trautenfels Castle (Schloss Trautenfels).

• Like Like x 5
  17. cscarpenter

I personally am offended by your comment.
    Whether I win or not is down to the judgement of the DTG Team and them alone.
    You currently still have your winning Week 6 shot of the Hells Gate Bridge being displayed on the loading screen,
    I am yet to obtain a win this year. What is your problem?

You have not even offered a contribution to this weeks thread so how the heck do you expect to win?
    You have to be In It To Win It.

If you wish to win this competition thread then kindly look at the other competitors contributions and then better them. as in chose your Angles... lighting.... subject matter ,,,,,,, etc etc. wisely.
    If not, I suggest you bow out quietly.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  18. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

• Like Like x 4
  19. Craigie-C

Congratulations cscarpenter on your winning shot, a worthy winner if ever there was one.
    DTG Jamie, Any chance of seeing this shot on the loading screen.
    Please do not let this thread slip back to the old days of the winning shot not being posted for days after the comp has closed.
    We have all been there before and are becoming somewhat tired of the repeated failures to meet a deadline.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Craigie-C

Irony can be a wonderful thing, the week you chose to have a pop at cscarpenter is the week he gets his first win of 2023.
    Well done you for jinxing and kicking off his first win of the year LOL.
    If history repeats itself this could be the first of many.
    On reflection looking back at all his past winning shots they have all hit the theme and have been top grade offerings.
    I personally have no complaint with anyone that continues to raise the bar and make it more difficult to win this thread.
    I am just so chuffed that I am on an equal par with 1 win myself.
    So come on cscarpenter it is 1-1 with 10 weeks down and 42 to go, who will be crowned the winner?
    We could have included theaussiedon#1057 equally with 1 win but not sure he will continue to contribute.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  21. cscarpenter

Love it, let's go for it and see who comes out on top. :cool:
    Thank you for your support, I have tried to explain on numerous occasions about my regime for trying to improve the quality of contributions to this thread, but sadly there are the few that think it is unfair to let a quality shot win week in week out.
    I would assume the same people asked Usain Boult to stop running the 100m because he kept winning. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  22. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

Aussie is just very open, remember how he celebrated his win, too.

I think it's more about disagreeing with being the best, for me the winning shot is about 5th-8th best in this thread.
    Preferences are very subjective, though.
    I agree about your comments about improving, but there are many outstanding shots in this thread.
    Yes, you get positive feedback, but it only means that you managed to deduce what your followers and Jamie like.
    I would personally love to see more scenic shots with good lights and composition.

'sides, he commented before Jamie's, maybe he just noted the like count and the ongoing practice, predicting yet another win.
    Combined with the above.
    Not sure it was even personal, there are a few contributors who win a lot, with the unfortunate ego statements afterwards.
    And he removed his offering in advance, because it would have been awkward sportsmanship.

23. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

I don't think it really matters how many times people win - remember this is a game.

Hell it took me ages to get a winning shot and I got one a couple of weeks back. I'm happy with that.

However I'm not going to kick up a stink about someone else winning multiple times. As stated earlier the judging is based on whether your shots fit the theme.

Think about all the people who are not eligible for this contest because their game is heavily modded.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Craigie-C

Errrr......Yes, that is exactly what you have to achieve. That is the whole concept of this comp, to see if you can create the ideal shot that Jamie etc. would like to see on their loading screens.
    In effect you are trying to create a promo image for them to display without them having to spend time creating images for themselves which benefits them with reduced time and cost implications.
    It totally makes good business sense and also creates a fun environment for us all to show off our talents.
    I shouldn't take it all so seriously, the only time I get frustrated is when a winning shot is announced and then not displayed.
    I hold my hand up for throwing my rattle out of the pram when that happens. LOL
    I personally enjoy the whole creative side of producing a possible winner but if I am not successful, so be it, let's just move on to next week.
    Also food for thought, just because your shot does not win one week, it may possibly win in future weeks.
    There have been numerous occasions when a shot has missed out on being selected only to appear 6 months down the line as a winner.
    In fact cscarpenter's winning shot this week was first offered in Week 6 with the theme "Real Landmarks" but failed to win.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
  25. stan#3123

stan#3123 New Member

I think that this is a very disrespectful comment. We all have to remember that this is a friendly competition. It doesn't matter that cscarpenter has won "too many times". If their shots are good then they'll win. It's as simple as that.

• Like Like x 2