Tsw 1 - Tsw 2 & What's Up ...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Jack O'Track, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

The whole site of DTG about the TSW 2 situation is quite confusing for an occasional railway rookie like me.
    I bought TSW 1, as it seems to be called nowadays, last autumn. Got some extra content long the 'line'.

Now i wonder what's up with TSW 2 and the what to do-s now. Hence a few Q-s that come to mind.
    1) Is steam a must? I really hate it and is probably the main reason i DON'T like TSW 1 (and TS2020 i also bought as 2016 years ago, which then ran off my DVD install)

2) is the old TSW 1 content usable in TSW 2? I read some where about heavy haul and incompatibility.
    The freight hauling CSX stuff is just a part i like best of TSW 1. Also got a little fed-up with all the obliged waiting at stations for those zombie puppets. Can't even run a red light without being punished to death as a 'player'.

3) Is the old content for TSW 1 stuff usable or deleted? My SSD also is getting quite full.

Thanks ....

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  2. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

1) Steam is a must for PC although I dont exactly know about the Microsoft Store thing.

2) You have most of the DLCS of TSW 2020 as preserved Collection usable in TSW 2 although not every DLC has been released yet (except for NEC and its related Locos which wont get ported over).

3) You can deinstall TSW 1 when you have TSW 2 installed because TSW 2 has its own folder so you dont need both games installed at a time (unless you want to play the DLCs which havent been ported over to TSW 2 yet)

I would also suggest to read the full FAQ on here: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/about-trainsimworld

Just scroll down :)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

You can also remove single DLCs from TSW1 (just go to "Manage DLCs" and untick) as soon as they are ported to TSW2.

Regarding steam, tbh I respect each opinion but in 2020 you should start forgetting about disc copies of any software. Eventually, not too far away in the future, they are going to stop producing them.

• Like Like x 3