Tsw 2 Vs Tsw 1

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by martinstadlbauer15, Mar 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. martinstadlbauer15

martinstadlbauer15 New Member

Hello , what is the best Reason to Play TSW2 indeed TSW1

And are the Trains in TSW 2 so much detailed as in TSW1

I mean at the first Train you have to Crank it up by getting out and open the Engine Room

Szch Things i line most ...is this in TSW 2 the Fact ?

Greetings from Austria

2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

the level of detail is the same like with the engine room ect with tsw 2 there is now a livery editor where you can make custom liveries many make fictional versions on train as well as a thing called scenario planner where you can make your own train journey and ai traffic into it with this mode also comes with a thing called off the rails mode where you can place any train in any route. also the reason to get tsw 2 is this is now getting updates whereas tsw 2020 isn't getting any updates anymore and tsw 2 will get all the new routes as well.

3. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Better wheelslip, not just as easy as full throttle and full brakes now. Bit more finesse required.

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

TSW(1) is the old version of the software with no further development planned,
    All routes since the release of TSW2 are specific to that software, so no bakerloo line etc on TSW(1)
    Updates exclusive to TSW2 include Passenger Information Screens, new control mechanisms on console and so on
    Hundreds of bugs are fixed or in line to be fixed on TSW2 which will not be fixed on TSW(1)

5. martinstadlbauer15

Oh cool , and ive heard that Steam Locos will come to us ...what do you think ?
    And when will it be , do you have a Time for me ...so in Summer or End of the Year ?
    Do we have good chances to gett some Austrians too?
    Öbb 1155 1052 etc Crocodile....
    That would be very nice !

6. kuchen0125

kuchen0125 Active Member

Personally, I am of the opinion that it was the right step for the future to change the Unreal Engine version and finally get away from TSW 2021, 2022 ...
    A third-party provider said that the workload from TSW 2020 to TSW 2 was very heavy and that as a player most of it does not see it because it is in the Core of TSW 2. Audio production should now also be better possible, before it was supposedly a disaster, said a third party.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I think they will still do that

DTG said that too, hence making it a "paid upgrade" rather than a free one. We shall see whether the move from UE24x to UE25x will be as problematic

8. Knightfire1964

we have no time frame for when steam will come other than its just started to be developed with regards to having Austrian content it all depends if dtg can have the license to use those trains in the game I would recommend checking the roadmap to see what in development and in planning.

9. martinstadlbauer15

Will do

What Locos are the best you think ?

So like the first one where you must start it outside the cabin
    I like such trains , i dont want those where you get into the cabin and press a button and it runs ...thats very boring

10. Knightfire1964

well what your saying i think is the american trains but this only happens in certain scenarios all timetable missions start with everything running

11. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

I think the biggest reason to get TSW2 over TSW1 is the fact that no new content or bug fixes or updates will be released for TSW1.
    The DLC available in TSW1 is also available to use in TSW2 (except the GP40-2, NEC, Amtrak ex Metroliner cab car, and Amtrak SW1000)

The trains is TSW2 are as nice as the trains in TSW1

There are also new features included in TSW2. The livery editor lets you create custom liveries on compatible locomotives and rolling stock.
    The scenario planner lets your create your own scenarios with what trains you choose on what ever route you choose.

12. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Who is that bespoken 3rd Party dev?

13. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Warning to martinstadlbauer15! Many sounds of content from TSW1 to TSW2 were broken along the way. Much of the stock that was ported, especially the German electrics (146.2, 185.5, 143, & 155 in particular), sound abhorrent in TSW2. There are plans to fix this in the coming months, but for now it might be worth buying yourself a copy of TSW1 alongside TSW2 if you think that would be an issue for you. I would recommend you do this anyway so you can take advantage of the routes bundle. If (when?) they are fixed in TSW2, you can move over to the other game, though progress on routes would not transfer over.

Cheers

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. JGRudnick

Yes, the sounds are pretty garbage, but the models look just as nice or better in the TSW2 routes. That's what I meant, I should've been more specific.

• Like Like x 1
  15. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Seeing how TSW1 is no longer supported wouldn't it be good if DTG released tools to the public so they could mod this version?

16. JGRudnick

That would be cool, but that still requires creating an editor similar to the one they had plans for.

17. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

No editor tools will ever be released for any version of TSW.

18. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

to give an editor for free to enable people to not have to buy there future product. Let me sit back and compute why they would.

• Like Like x 1
  19. matinakbary

I don't think this is the only reason. Because they released the TS editor - same arguments here. But they still build routes for TS, so i guess people still buy them. Why shouldn't this work with TSW?

The reasons here must be a bit different: It's about licensing. And the editor is so complex, that months of work is needed to understand how it works. If they would release it just know, probably noone here would know how to use it without months of training. But DTG is not Microsoft, this is not feasible. They reached out to some 3rd Party devs (Rivet, TSG, SHG, AP for sound) and honestly, that's already more than I expected. And I'm very happy with the fact that 3rd Party is involved. I don't think we NEED this editor in public, because what's the point of that when nobody can use it?

20. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Shame that.

• Like Like x 1
  21. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I think you greatly under estimate the modding community.

• Like Like x 1
  22. matinakbary

I am referring to statements by TSG, made in the german rail-sim, where he (as talented 2nd and 3rd party dev for TSW) said himself that the community could do hardly anything with the DTG-editor as it is right now because it is so complex [my wording, not his]. Even he struggles sometimes with some issues where help by DTG is needed. I think you greatly under estimate the complexity of this game and how much work by the devs is needed to get something working in TSW.

23. davejc64

The argument for not having a editor seems to be self defeating and going in a loop: "There is no editor because no one knows how to use it, no one knows how to use the editor because there is no editor" rinse and repeat ad-infinitum. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  24. matinakbary

No, you missed my point. The point is: DTG has to invest very much time to help people understand the editor. And this is just not viable for them, which is totally understandable.

25. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

The argument why such an editor won't be made public is licensing, period. All other issues are secondary...
    Yes steam is being worked on. We have no time frames but if I were to take a guess I would harshly doubt any steam related content to be released this year. Apart from the basic tech to make it work in the first place, they also need to do at least a loco, and maybe a route as well if they don't plan to throw it on an existing route. We haven't even gotten the second devblog regarding the steam engine progress, even though Sam has teased it 2 weeks ago.

26. matinakbary

Yes, and yesterday he said the next article comes next week :)

27. davejc64

Have DTG actually said that, because they seem to be saying its a licensing thing for there being no editor.