Tsw 2: Wishlist For North American Heavy Freights

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by grdaniel48, Jun 29, 2020.

1. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Hi
    First of all, I would like to thanks Dovetail team for allow us - PS4's TSW community - to get the chance we finally can drive heavy freights on the new TSW2! Really appreciate it!
    It is something I wanted, but also lot of other fans have already asked for too.

So here I will like to make my wishlist of locomotives and routes be available in the near future too:

Locomotives: (Of course apart from the AC4400CW)

- Progress Rail SD70ACE-T4
    We already have a heavy locomotive from GE.
    New one could be the last model from the other locomotive company, Progress Rail (Ex EMD).
    These brand new locomotive, is used by the 2 freight companies TSW is working on. CSX and UP!
    So it will be an ideal one. Even it is no so popular yet, but I like it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- GE ES44AC (With regular trucks, so we can have it on UP and other railroads too!)
    This is one of the most common locomotives on North American railroads.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And... why not this very important railroad company, too?!
    [​IMG]

Finally the EMD SD70ACE.
    CSX EMD AC70ACE.jpg
    UP EMD SD70ACE.jpg
    Both UP and CSX have them too.
    But this locomotive is used by several other railroads, and even it has lot of special liveries!.
    Great for the new tool

As to heavy freight routes... the next one might be of UP!
    Despite DT mentioned it is not possible to make longer routes. What about if we have at least 100 km - they now have of around 70 km - but they could reach that distance may be using a route with less objects in order to no have big software problems. For example with a route on the desert, like the ones UP have on California, Arizona, Texas, etc. Just small bushes, very few houses and vehicles, and no big buildings.
    I believe the important part of the this kind of heavy freight driving experience and is the train itself, not the scenery.
    If this can not be possible either, a beautiful scenic UP route area - not so long -it could be Feather River route! It have lot of curves and speed restrictions, etc.
    Or other ones, as UP have lot of Subdivisions with nice routes.
    Cajon Pass may be interesting too.
    But this is also climb and descend challenge as Sand Patch grade.

Apart from the new locomotives, new freight wagons will be nice be added too.
    Other models of tanks, boxcars, hoppers, etc. different from the already available ones.
    Could be articulated double stacks?...
    Furthermore other types will be welcome too.
    Like gondola, coil, piggy backs and others flat cars.

Of course this could be available later on different DLC packages. Heavy freight cars, and Locomotives ones.

What do you think?
    Make your comments and mention your wishlist too.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Don't forget Norfolk Southern. I would like Horseshoe Curve.

Long routes has nothing to do with software issues. It's the development time. Lots of detail goes into the routes.

• Like Like x 4
  3. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Anthony.

Yes, I would like to have NS trains too.
    Horseshoe Curve is a great spotting site!
    Amtrak trains runs there too.
    Will be great if they design the GE P42 Diesel locomotive. We already have the passenger wagons, but we will need the baggage car! ;)

As to the length of the route, I did not know if for console users could be a problem.
    Today you can not change the image quality, which is really poor. I am speaking about some meters before the train, image quality drops a lot!
    Despite of that a semi desert zone route, they do not need to make specific things, and it will no matter to be exactly decorated the real one.
    For example Uk and German routes they made have lot of details.
    But most of the time you are driving the train from the cab, so your visibility is limited to what you have just in front of you.
    Of course departing yards, or special sites, might be done with accuracy. But the rest of the route, if I see sand, bushes, railroad crossings, and small towns, will be ok.
    Heavy trains, you have to be always concentrated on the terrain, curves, speed limits, etc.
    The important thing on this kind of route design,is the rails path, They could get from google earth. Just an idea.
    May be it is not possible

4. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

We need the ET44AC and definitely the BNSF ET44C4 as well. BNSF or ATSF routes need to be in TSW2 later on. Norfolk Southern, Southern Pacific and Canadian Pacific routes should be added later, too. I'd also like to suggest the Siemens SC44 Charger, Genset Switcher, AC6000CW, and SD70M(AC).
    A few route suggestions:
    -Horseshoe Curve (NS or Conrail eras or maybe PRR)
    -UP Sherman Hill
    -Cajon Pass
    -Tehachapi Pass
    -BNSF Seligman Sub
    -CP Kicking Horse Pass
    -UP Bailey Yard (the largest freight yard in the world)
    -SP (or UP) Donner Pass

• Like Like x 4
  5. rodgers.jayshawn4848

rodgers.jayshawn4848 Active Member

I wanna suggest the route of the Charleston Subdivision on the A-Line, it’s consist of Places like Charleston Kingstree Lake City and Florence South Carolina as main spots. Amtrak and CSX runs there.

• Like Like x 3
  6. rodgers.jayshawn4848

I would love to see the new rebuilt CSX CM44AH an AC4400CW with a ES44AH cab and modified interior and radiators other than that it’s a normal AC4400like the one already in the game. They’re numbered 7000-7099 7200-7299. It would be nice for you all Dovetail

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I think we need a Dutch route first.

8. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

If longer routes are made possible, I really want the ATSF/BNSF Seligman Sub in northern Arizona. The speeds on the route are 70 mph for freight. Plus, Amtrak runs the SW Chief on the route. If only BNSF or ATSF were possible to get in TSW2. I'd suggest that the route be set in either the 1950s-60s with ATSF Warbonnet and Cat Whisker F3s or F7s, a GP7 or GP9 for freights, and an Alco RSD15. A 1970s-80s version could include an ATSF F45 and/or FP45 (or SD45 or SD40-2), a GP39-2, and Amtrak F40PH for passenger services. A modern version could include an ET44C4 or ES44AC/DC/C4, an SD40-2, Genset Switcher, or GP60, and a Genesis P42DC or SC44 Charger.

• Like Like x 2
  9. rodgers.jayshawn4848

I’d rather the modern version my guy.

10. BAZ

BAZ Member

This game needs more North American diesel commuter rail routes. Peninsula Corridor was great but I'm sad to see that there haven't been any other routes similar to it. Would have been at least nice to get LIRR extended to accommodate the DE/DM30AC's and C3 railcars. Or even just have more AI on the timetable because it's pretty lacking right now.

11. BAZ

BAZ Member

I really wish they would make another route like peninsula corridor only with more freight.

12. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...yeah, I like a lot of the proposed locos and routes on this list. Cajon Pass, Tehachapi, any BNSF traffic in AZ along with Bailey Yard all sound good to me!

13. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

I like Cajon Pass

• Like Like x 1